TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I know at one point they were slated to get one but it was re-directed, and with one still under contract I'm pretty sure this is the direction they are heading.

I really hope Worlds of Fun gets it, they need at least something for the older demographic. I really enjoyed Windseeker when I rode it at Cedar Point, and having it be the tallest ride in the park will help bring in more guests IMO.

Someone from CoasterCommunity contacted a Dippin' Dots guy and the guy said "he has been seeing a lot of birds of the prehistoric kind around lately." Looks like you were right Chad!

And in other news, for Haunt this year, we can confirm a new haunt called "Zombie High". How creative. Here's the link to the building permit: LINK TO HAUNT PERMIT

I asked a question on the WOF blog if a Windseeker could be built in WOF and this is the response I got:

Sure, it could be built here. I don't see any reason why I couldn't!

So, it seems like there isn't any apparent roadblocks for Windseeker in the future, so there's a good chance WOF will get a Windseeker.

I was told they previously had a spot picked out for it to try and bring more traffic to that area of the park, and that area is still available should they decide to go forth.

This should prove interesting.

Windseeker has been pretty popular this year at KD & the views from on top of the ride are amazing,just the lighting package alone is a draw for people who want to watch it as well as ride it so if WOF gets one it should prove quite successful for the park.

I was told they previously had a spot picked out for it to try and bring more traffic to that area of the park, and that area is still available should they decide to go forth.

I really hope that it's the Timberwolf exit/Thunderhawk corner, that's the least travelled area of the park and badly needs something new.

I realize you guys probably want some more hints about whats going in next year right? Well if you really want to know, like really really want to know, all you have to do is sign up for ClubTPR to make you eligible to attend Coaster Mayhem at WoF in August where you just might be one of the first to know exactly what attractions are going in next year. One thing is for certain, those who like wet attractions will be thrilled!

And I know some of you guys give the park grief for not putting in a 350 foot IntaBeemathing every year. But what you guys should realize is that the park is really on the path of positioning itself for good things to come, doing things that you may not see visibly, but are vital to the parks success. One of those things is food, and while the park has always had decent food, the food is much better this year and they are committed to continuing to bring in food that will keep your taste buds salivating for more.

One thing I will tell those of you who get excited about dirt moving is that dirt will be moving starting first of July around the exit of PROWLER! The dirt being moved is NOT, I repeat NOT for a ride. It's a new building for Haunt that will house what I think is a pretty amazing attraction themed around the show 'Save by the Bell' The schematic also shows space for additional restrooms similar to the other Haunt building near the scrambler. Again, this is for Haunt, and NOT for a coaster Haunt will also feature street characters roaming throughout the park with some pretty freaky stuff planned. They are clearly focused on out doing Knotts and with what they've put together that last few years, might be getting ever so close....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post.

A Little WOF Trip Report - July 13th, 2012

I decided to hit up the park Friday (the 13th ) with my family later at night. We got there around 7, to noticed the park was loaded. I thought it might not be busy on a Friday night, especially on the thirteenth, but it was packed. Mostly teenagers smooching off with their girlfriends and boyfriends, but many families chose to go that night too. Well anyway, we got their and I noticed my camera was pretty much dead. Because of that I didn't get too many photos. None of Patriot, Timber Wolf, or Planet Snoopy - plus a lot of other things of course.

On to the park itself. Operations were standard - they were running two trains on almost every ride that they could. The operators, while seeming a little more 'smiley' than usual, were somewhat slow and drowsy from the heat I'm guessing. Each ride had about a ten to fifteen minute wait, though Prowler and Patriot were almost walk-ons the whole time I was there, with an occasional line showing up.

Not much else to say, so enjoy these (few) pictures! Btw, there are some haunt construction photos!

Viking Voyager doing its thang.

Oh yeah, I also got my sister to ride Prowler for her first time. Note that she has always been deathly afraid of coasters.

It was running fast that day.

Mmm Haunt

This building looks tiny in person. I don't get how they're going to fit a whole haunted house in there.

Don't fall for its charming looks.

Warning: tons of Mamba pictures dead ahead.

Meh, this pic turned out kinda shaky

She purrtyy

I love this picture.

Approaching

Queue shot

'nator.

That's all the photos I could get. Sorry, hopefully I'll charge my camera next time. Thanks for reading!

^Just saw that! I think I read something about the Topper Track going on the helix, but I think the deadliest part of the ride by far is the first drop. The coaster could definitely use it, though (and I say this as a fan).

^Just saw that! I think I read something about the Topper Track going on the helix, but I think the deadliest part of the ride by far is the first drop. The coaster could definitely use it, though (and I say this as a fan).

You're right about the first drop being the worst, however I'll gladly accept any improvement to the ride. Hopefully the park will like the improvement and opt for topper track on the entire ride. But thats just me dreaming