TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mountainview Hills (RCT3)

I am currently working on my next theme park, and I am slowly adding things, so here's just a preview of some pictures of the park so far. Only two coasters, some familiar fast food chains, restrooms, and some landscaping. As for the name of the park, I just quickly came up with it, I know it isn't all that great for a theme park name, but oh well.

The first set of pictures were actually posted in this thread, for those who haven't seen them. I doubt it's a good idea to repost them in this new thread.

As you make a left on top of the hill, you'll find a large bathroom facility next to a structure that will soon occupy two fast food restaurants.

As you make a right on top of the hill, you'll be heading toward the entrance to the park's second coaster, and a McDonalds. A second fast

food restaurant will soon occupy the second half of the space.

A Jack in the Box will occupy one side of the structure.

A Starbucks will open next to McDonalds.

A Subway will open next to Jack in the Box when the park officially opens.

The park's second coaster

Devasator, and the large logo hangs above the entrance.

Devastor's loop.

A shot from the ground of some of Devastor's track.

Another shot of Devastor's track and landscaping.

Undeveloped land on the park property, which during the next couple of season's may be used for a future attraction.

Another shot of the undeveloped land on the park's property.

A shot of the pathway hill that will lead guests to the top of the hill, where Devastor is located, and restrooms and refreshments.

What does everybody think so far? I know I have a long way to go before I am done, and top other park's I have seen.

There will be more info, and pictures of the park's rides in the updates ahead.

Until the next update, later

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I've been looking forward to this park and from what I can see so far it's really good!

There's just one thing that concerns me.........

As you make a right on top of the hill, you'll be heading toward the entrance to the park's second coaster, and a McDonalds.

McDonalds!? What were you thinking man! That's the restaurant of the Devil! Change it to something else please!

The Coaster looks good from what I can see so far, I will be keeping my eye on this one!

Thanks everybody for your nice comments. I know I have a long way to go, and I am trying with what I have on hand to make this park a little better than my last two. I can tell you it will be smaller than my previous two, but all the other parks I have seen recently, just wow. You guys come up with some genius ideas for rides and attractions, and I am sure it's tedious work.

To please my fellow coaster builder friends, I will remove McDonalds, and add another well-known fast food restaurant, and I hope it's approved. I do eat there sometimes for a late night craving, and I onced worked there, my first job almost 21 years ago when I was 18.

Anyways, the park is coming along slowly, and once I get my Wild! Expansion pack, I'll perhaps speed things along. I am currently working on a new wooden coaster for the park.

Later

Looks pretty nice that coaster looks epic. I however really dont like the bottom half of the walls on the buildings they look way to flimsy to me and I reckon just using the in game walls would be fine (the ones you've used for the top of the buildings).

Can't wait to see whats next though if possible could you turn the graphic settigns up top make your pictures better quality.

Cheers

89James89

It is that time again for a new update. There hasn't been too much construction going on, however a couple supports on Devastator were fixed, and a new sign with the correct spelling of the ride was ordered, and be in place before the park opens.

A new coaster was built on the land next to Blue Steel, a wooden coaster called The Blizzard, and landscaping was recently completed.

A higher set-graphic image of the undeveloped land that will soon become something fun and exciting for park guests

Just another angle from the opposite side of the undeveloped land.

A Taco Bell has replaced McDonalds, which park officials and the president of ownership, didn't think was a great financial choice for the park.

A close-up of the wheel brakes on Devastator, as the trains roll into the final track segment of the ride.

Devastator's station with the recently installed handrails and mesh floor pathway.

The Blizzard, the park's first wooden roller coaster sits on the land next to the suspended coaster, Blue Steel.

Blizzard trains testing, as it makes one of many sharp fast pace turns.

A segment of Blizzard's track, and one of the drops.

A closer look at Blizzard's track layout.

A great view from the park's entrance, and how you can see The Blizzard dominates the landscape, as you walk into the park. How would you want to walk up that steep graded hill, where Devastator is located? You can't even see anything from this low on the ground, but what a view it is though.

The Blizzard's trains testing, heading back to the station.

The Blizzard's track layout from high above, well most of it.

The tail-end segment of Blizzard, which ends your ride, and heads back to the station.

High above The Blizzard's station and exit.

Blue Steel, and Blizzard.

A Skyview shot of the park so far, well most of it.

A Skyview shot of the land where Devastator is located.

An angled view of the landscaping and track layout of Devastator, which is hidden behind alot of trees.

A Skyview shot of Blizzard.

The next stage in construction which was ordered, will be more bathrooms, building structures, and a couple flat rides, so until the next update, enjoy, bye.

You took alot of shots of the Woodie over the water, Now I suggest you turn Reflective Water On To enhance the quality of those water shots.

It would look really nice with the Coaster reflecting off the water.

Looking good so far, I've never eaten at Taco Bell, Although I do love Taco's! So I approve! Do we even have Taco Bell's in the UK?

Just get a laptop lol thats what I have its great.

Specs:

4GB Hardrive

512mb Dedicated Nvidia graphics carb (can go up to 1020mb shared if needed to)

2.2Ghz pentium processor

Vista Ultimate

some other stuff I cant remember.

I can go up anti aliasing 8 and full lod options and still get no lag in Uncle Freds Fun Park which is great and it only cost me £850.

Also to find refelctive water I think you hgave to set graphics level to cutom then it shoudl be there.

Cheers

89James89

Reflective water isn't listed with the lod options, and I didn't know about all these options before until I clicked it, which I set all to maximum to check out the park, however the park lags a little, it's slow, and when I open the park, it's really slow. I do need a higher end graphics card, more RAM, but I am out of a job, and no money, so I can only use what I have. I have it on custom, 800 x 600 16bit, but I can probably put it to 32 bit, but it might lag. When I placed it on performance, the park crashed, and computer froze up. I can put it on Balanced Quality, but anything higher, and the whole computer and game will crash.

I received my Wild! Expansion pack today, and it's alot of fun. For fun, I opened the park with alot of people, and released some animals to roam the pathway, and everybody started running like crazy, it was funny. I am adding some Wild! elements to the park, and just completed a coaster, but now I have to add the custom supports, landscape it.

Later

Tim

^

4gb HDD! lol Vista wont fit on a 4gb HDD! You mean 4gb or Ram?

Single core 2.2?

I still get lag on really BIG parks on my PC which is:

Intel Quad Core 3.2ghz

4gb of DDR3 ram

2 Nvidia 9800 GX2

4 250gb 10,000 WD Velociraptors

RCT3 just lags no matter what you run it on!

Here's some quick shots of the main pathway all landscaped on both sides, and some test purpose shots of the working streets lamps at night with guests.

A great shot of the main pathway hill leading to the top all landscaped on both sides, with trash bins, benches, street lamps, trees and bushes.

A shot of the guests walking up the steep pathway hill. Testing purposes.

It may be a little dark, but this shot shows what the pathway looks like at night. Testing purposes.

A night shot up above on the hilltop. Testing purposes.

Guests walking on the night lit pathway. Testing purposes.

The new sign with the correct spelling for Devastator was put in place.

The next update will be sometime next week perhaps with the new additions that the park is currently building.

Later

It's the start of phase 3 construction, and the park has a new coaster, and

some animal habitats. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures.

As you enter the park, and make a left, you'll immediately see a new area has been complete.

Another shot of a glimpse of the new area of the park, including the park's

fourth coaster, The Safari Spin.

The entrance to a new flat ride, Top Star.

Sky Swat.

A small glimpse of most of the new area of the park, that has been completed.

Dinosaur - Go Around, was added to please the younger guests.

An overhead shot of Dinosaur -Go Around.

The station for the park's fourth coaster, The Safari Spin.

Inside The Safari Spin station.

The Safari Spin station and next to it on the opposite side is the food court, giftshop, and restrooms.

Another view of the station for The Safari Spin and foodcourt.

Down this tight corridor alley is the entrance to The Safari Spin, and two viewing gallery stations for Tigers and Panthers, who both have their own enclosure habitats.

The viewing gallery station for Panther.

A Panther walks toward some food to eat. that his animal keeper left.

The habitat for the Panthers. The habitat was recently expanded to allow the Panthers to have more freedom to run around and play. (not shown here).

The viewing gallery station for Tigers.

A tiger roams the grounds of it's habitat, looking for a place to rest.

The same Tiger at a closer range.

An overhead shot of the enclosed habitat for the Tigers.

The viewing gallery station and enclosed habitat for a couple horses.

An animal keeper grabs another tool from the shed, while two of her horses wait for her.

The same two horses continue to wait to be fed, a refill of their trough.

An overhead shot of the horse habitat. The habitat was recently expanded to allow the horses to have more freedom to run around and play. (not shown here.)

The track layout of The Safari Spin.

An overhead shot of The Safari Spin.

Another quick view of The Safari Spin station and food court, giftshop and restroom facility.

A view from high above of the newly completed themed area of the park.

A wider shot of the amazing view of the newly constructed and themed area of the park.

800x600 of this shot.

The next portion of phase 3 begins next week, and park opens in two weeks. See-ya soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I haven't had an update lately with my park, but I just haven't had that much time to really focus on building anything since my last update. I have made a POV video of my ride "Davastator", and using Windows Movie Maker, I added alot of cool elements to it, music, animated text, video graphics, and it seems like it will only play using Windows Movie Maker. I tried to figure a way to convert the file to a .mov file, but all I can do is zip it up into a .rar file.

Anybody know how I can convert the .rar file to a .mov file, so I can upload it to the site, or upload to a website for download, and what website would you suggest I upload it too?

I'll try to get a new update up soon. I just have so many other things on my mind to do. Alright, later.

Tim

I uploaded my POV music video of "Devastator" to YouTube, and it took awhile, however the quality is horrible compared to what I have playing it through Windows media Player and Windows Movie Maker on my computer. You can't really appreciate the quality of the graphics that I used. The video starts off with some video graphics like old 30's stock footage on film, so don't think the entire video looks like this, but still the quality being played on my computer through YouTube isn't what it should actually look like, unless it plays differently on different computers. The upload to YouTube basically crunched it so much, it lost the clear crystal quality.

Just

to view it.

If you click on "watch in high quality" and full screen, the quality is much better. I had been watching it in normal quality, and that is why it looked horrible. For those who have watched it, what do you think?

Tim