TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you there right at the opening and see all the people run for the TOT fastpass line???? That was totally insane! We have traveled a lot around Asia and have found the Japanese to be very calm and polite......but when that rope dropped all that went out the window!!!! I think I still have a pic of how crazy long the line was.

But, it was fun to have the Japanese people take my picture with them and the characters.....they thought it was funny I was taller than all them with costumes on.

These two girls walked around the park with us for awhile.

1429948280_ThailandandTokyo469.jpg.bea896044f44ee23535b3913ac704bc4.jpg

Were you there right at the opening and see all the people run for the TOT fastpass line???? That was totally insane! We have traveled a lot around Asia and have found the Japanese to be very calm and polite......but when that rope dropped all that went out the window!!!! I think I still have a pic of how crazy long the line was.

YES!!! I always thought how funny it was that everything you know about the calm and peaceful Japanese was totally lost for that initial 5 minute rush to get into Disneyland.

It was just CRAZY!

--Robb

^ When I go back I am definitely dressing up! We are planning on going as undervalued characters i.e. characters you never see anywhere like Pain and Panic or John Worthingthon Foulfellow and Gideon. The only rule is that the character has to have at least one line in the Disney film

The only rule is that the character has to have at least one line in the Disney film

Hmmm. When we were there back in 2007, I saw a guy dressed up in this TON of reflective material and mirrors and... stuff. Then, we found out he was dressed as the chandelier in the ballroom scene, from "Beauty & The Beast."

They must have altered the rule, since then, LOL.

The only rule is that the character has to have at least one line in the Disney film

Hmmm. When we were there back in 2007, I saw a guy dressed up in this TON of reflective material and mirrors and... stuff. Then, we found out he was dressed as the chandelier in the ballroom scene, from "Beauty & The Beast."

They must have altered the rule, since then, LOL.

That's crazy! Oh and the rule about having a line is just a personal one between us not a Disney one... but it should be!

^ Not if you pre-plan ahead a bit.

I'm pretty sure most of us on the 2007 tour got through both parks pretty good, knowing where FastPasses were available, and knowing which were the most popular attractions at the time, etc.

For us, it was also the first day of the Halloween season and Pooh's Hunny Hunt was still OMG new, as well as HM's NBC overlay.... whew!

At Disney Sea it was definitely the ToT, but after that, a few of the major attractions (Journey, IndyAdv. incl.) were still having their lineups. But we got through them both, unscathed and probably drooling, wanting to come back and do it all again, heh heh.

And if you do it with a TPR tour ... it's even better! No problems, whatsoever, lol!

Hey everyone!

I got a bit distracted last week so I apologize for the delay...but now...MORE TOKYO DISNEYLAND photos!

Seriously, can you ever get tired of Tokyo Disneyland photos? No? Well, then, how about a Tokyo Disneyland VIDEO?

We will start off this update with a video from TPR's visit to Tokyo Disney and then another 50ish photos from the park...enjoy!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=tokyoDL_2008_web2_o34w[/coastertube]Tokyo Disneyland VIDEO! (And remember, if you like these videos, you can pick up the latest round of TPR DVDs HERE!)

And now some PHOTOS!

The Tokyo Disney party bus is here to take TPR on another fun fill day of Japanese Mickey Mouse!

Credit!

Turn that crank, Helping Hands, turn that crank!

Splooge from the previous riders.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, I'd make a Jahan joke, but nah...never mind....

Like I said before, not *quite* a much of a suck-fest as Florida's version!

Ahh, Space Mountain. It got a nice re-hab minus the music, but it's still awesome because it's at Tokyo Disney.

"You can do whatever you want to the station, but you're only allowed to use the color blue."

Shooting Dark Ride! Yeah, it's the same as the other versions, but that's ok.

Country Bears in Japanese = awesomeness!

Max, Buff, and Yakatori.

I'm not sure what is more disturbing about this picture - Wall-E and his Levi 501 Jeans or Remi's severed head being held by Iron Chef Morimoto.

For some very strange reason, this coaster didn't suck this time around!

Indy queue = better than Disneyland!

It's almost totally pointless, but at the same time it's completely awesome!

Hey look! Sign photo!

The resort bus is on a schedule which is ALWAYS on time!

Entering into DisneySea is like a whole other world.

Yummy!

It's amazing how it's basically DCA's Tower of Terror, but they've made it not suck!

Robot Boobies!

"Hey everyone! We are at Tokyo DisneySea and you're not! SO THERE! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

There seems to be something missing here that I could SWEAR was on the cover of the Little Mermaid box!

King Triton is my homeboy.

That's right! Don't mess with Triton if you know what's good for you.

This is basically "Flik's Fun Fair" from Disney's California Adventure, but indoors and with a lot less "Californianess" added.

Have you ever seen the "Evil bastard cook that tries to kill Sebastian" at any other Disney park???

What are you guys doing to that snail to make him THAT happy???

Taj Mahal wannabe.

This is a ticket to GREATNESS!

DisneySea scores so many points for awesomeness.

OMG...SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!

Yup, we are STILL at Disney!

Eric - mild smirk. Genie-looking guy - WORRIED!

This is where Jasmine goes to bang random dudes.

Good thing everyone had a TPR pancho!

Nothing like a little camel toe in a nice couple's photo!

Like I said, Raging Spirits was really fun this time around! I don't know if it's that it had JUST come out of re-hab or if they really made some changes, but it was a *LOT* better than in previous years. (And also, just look at that theming...c'mon! That's awesome!)

LOOOOP - DEEEEE - LOOOOOP!

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Every Disney park should have Aquatopia! Why? I actually don't know! But they should.

Are you sick of DisneySea pictures? No? GOOD!

More DisneySea randomness.

Is it true this area is getting TSM?

This makes Dave feel more like a real man!

"Come inside it's fun inside!"

Just in case you forgot what park you were at, there was this awesome looking sign to remind you!

And we will end this part of the update with another kick-ass night shot looking down Main Street!

Hope everyone enjoyed this update!

--Robb