TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the first park I went to in Japan. Fun little park and the place where I found out how good crepes were. I wish I had a little more time to spend in the market and the picture of the shrine in the evening is awesome. Japan is a country I could visit every year!

I'm a fan of the Blackpool look with rides goin under and around each other and shops etc but thats mainly because with so many rides all going round at once it always seem to make the place seem so full of energy... either that or i'm biased and nostalgic because it was the place i got my 1st ever season pass.

Rob

I went to the park back in 1972, then re-visited it with the TPR tour back in 2007.

I remembered how it was put together, especially with the coaster running around the entire park.

^^^ And I agree with you Bob. Once a year over there would be fine with me, lol. The park and the market, the main temple itself are all really something to see, so close by each other.

And night time around there is a whole other world.

I was reading on Coasterbuzz (not a member there) one time and I came across a post about a really unsafe practice that is unfortunately acceptable over there. One rider's OTSR wont lock so instead of just closing that seat, they took bungee chords and tied them to the OTSR and under the train. Its the kind of bungee chords with the little hooks you use when you go camping... I can't imagine, WHAT IF you got stuck upside down (just like Demon and Turbine did) and those bungee's broke?

On the other hand I saw something similar myself when I was at a theme park in Thailand. I forgot what ride this was as it was over 6-7 years ago now... But what happend was they were using ROPES to hold down the OTSR (either because of malfunction or as a backup restraint perhaps?)

As soon as I saw that, I can't even think of the ropes breaking...Instead I just decided to skip that ride.

so, what's with the thing where you guys were all sitting at that table with the headphones?

You sit around a table in the dark with headphones on and they play sounds that make you think things are happening all around you. Kind of like a haunted house but with the mind. They also had one at Joypolis which some of us did and they said it really freaked them out.

so, what's with the thing where you guys were all sitting at that table with the headphones?

You sit around a table in the dark with headphones on and they play sounds that make you think things are happening all around you. Kind of like a haunted house but with the mind. They also had one at Joypolis which some of us did and they said it really freaked them out.

Oh I see. That sounds pretty creepy. Why don't they have any of that kind of stuff here in America?

Oh I see. That sounds pretty creepy. Why don't they have any of that kind of stuff here in America?

Yeah, do. Drew Carrey's Sounds Dangerously at Disney's Hollywood Studios. lol It scares me.

Since we were doing some credit whoring today, we made a brief stop at Sea Paradise for two reasons: Blue Fall and Helix: The Ride, aka "Surf Coaster!" Both rides are awesome and well worth the train ride out to Sea Paradise...

Onto some photos....

Hey everyone! You all excited about Blue Fall?

KidTums is already knows how to ride the train!

Fuk-U-Ura...this is not our stop!

Yay! Our stop is dolphin-safe!

Here we have "Helix: The Ride."

Surf Coaster has to be one of the best Togo coasters in the world!

It has airtime, it doesn't hurt, but most importantly it has *two* helices!

Yup, that's a Surf Coaster photo!

There is giant helix #1.

(We see you Blue Fall!)

There is Giant Helix #2!

Yup.

A moment of silence for the "Boat Jumpers" please...

This is where they would do their thing...

Ahh, now to what we came here for...BLUE FALL!!!

Yes, that would be a 330 foot tall Intamin drop tower! Watch out for the "fake drop!"

Natural reaction to Robb naked.

Mmm....so pretty!

They all look so happy! They have NO IDEA what they are getting themselves into!

Bye guys! Good luck!

"Honey...I love you almost as much as Blue Fall."

Group photo in the Ice House!

"Whatever you're going to do to me...please make it QUICK!!!"

Um...are you seeing the same thing *I* am seeing?!??!

Choose wisely!

Awww....you have chosen poorly! All your skin will now fall off.

Wow, the Japanese have a strange way of getting their bowling balls!

Oh wait...

Anyone remember this ride from Magic Mountain?

Pinocchio says "Eat lots of Frozen Coke!"