TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

lol.

I got all the credits on my trip to Fuji-Q, no problem. Beautiful sunshiney day, I even got multiple rerides on Dodonpa, Fujiyama and Eejanaika.

/shrug

Congrats. You're awesome, Belson. You're better than all of us.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that just sucks.

My buddy went to Japan not too long ago and I specifically told him after reading this site not to go to Fuji-Q. He likes coasters but is a "GP" so that would have been a nightmare for him.

I'm surprised though, because according to him, things were pretty efficient in Japan. Like the trains, the guys would pack you in to save time. Guess not so much here. And correct me if I'm wrong but there is no reason why the 4-D can't run in light rain.

I'm surprised though, because according to him, things were pretty efficient in Japan. Like the trains, the guys would pack you in to save time. Guess not so much here. And correct me if I'm wrong but there is no reason why the 4-D can't run in light rain.

That's the thing, everything else *IS* very, very efficient. That's why going to Fuji-Q is even harder to figure out. It makes no sense to me how a place like Fuji-Q is acceptable in that culture.

But the Japanese will line up for 3 to 4 hours, not complain, and not say a thing when the ride goes down and they are turned away.

It's crazy.

--Robb

^ Fuji-Q is the "reality check" of everything that is in Japan.

Meaning, crappy park operations can happen any where - even in the Land of the Rising Sun.

(Edit: Proud participant of TPR trip #2 to Fuji-Queue)

I am missing only the two rodents (sorry Elissa), from the 2007 tour.

But I had already picked up a retro credit there, from having ridden their (then) mega-coaster back in my visit to Japan in 1972. So, it sort of cancels one of the two out.

So - no worry to me if I can't get back there again. And the Haunted Hospital really doesn't sound worth it now, considering we (then) went through some really WTF awesome walk-thrus and ride-thrus in other parks. And didn't have to wait - at - all to get in or on them.

Bye bye F-Q, lol.

(And thanks R & E for keeping it on your tours, even though this last one may be your last one, heh heh.)

Wow, it's hard to believe that this time your day at Fuji-Q actually turned out worse than the last visit when I was there with you in 2007. That day was bad enough after we had the reschedule following the poor weather on the Tuesday of that second week of the trip.

I should explain that I'm always up for giving parks and rides a second chance. But I can honestly say that I would have no qualms about not visiting Fuji-Q again netx time I go to Japan. I was one of the lucky few who managed to get all their credits on their first visit to the park on the TPR Japan trip in 2007, and I was lucky enough to get them all done rather quickly. But this was only thanks to me walking around the park by myself, and some lucky breaks in the weather and where I happened to be in the park at the time.

I can honestly say that day was one of the worst experiences at a theme park that I've ever had to endure. As Robb has already said the way this place is run makes you wonder how the park still operates at all. There's simply no excuse for running the rides the way they do, and on a busy weekend day of all days as well!

I could go on, but there's not much more to say than what's already been said.

As Robb has already said the way this place is run makes you wonder how the park still operates at all. There's simply no excuse for running the rides the way they do, and on a busy weekend day of all days as well!

But that's the thing. I guess you could say there's a strange flip side to all this. Judging by the huge lines and apparent carefree attitude of the locals towards waiting in excessive lines, it seems like the easiest park in the world to own and operate. If you buy poorly planned rides, operate them like crap, and no one ever complains, then all you have to do is keep cashing your checks and buying low capacity rides that aren't subjected to overuse. Hmm, how can I buy into this place?

Does Fuji-Queue have good views of Mt Fuji, if so, maybe they think people want to stand around looking at Mt Fuji, and have long lines to faciltate this?

I wouldn't mind giving Euthenasia (the coaster, that is), Fujiyama, and Dodonpa a go, but not for the amount of travel and tolerance that would be required to do it.

Does Fuji-Queue have good views of Mt Fuji....

Yes. See below. This was taken on the TPR trip in 2007 and was only visible for about the last 20 minutes we were there.

.... if so, maybe they think people want to stand around looking at Mt Fuji, and have long lines to faciltate this?

No way in hell!!

JJ

Fuji.jpg.a4c7a0b3b82b16cac280917a2c94fe2d.jpg

Mt. Fuji from inside Fuji-Queue

Thanks to Fuji-Qoo, all my dreams of riding Eejanaika are Ruined, the bubble has been popped, the idea out the window..

Seriously though, Eejanaika was on my list of Coasters I have to ride, but if it's just like X2 with X2 better and the park is that bad, I'll stay on the West Coast any Day!

Waiting in that 3 hour line for Fujiyama and then watching them close it down right before we got to the ramps was by far the worst part of an already long day.

It was already bad enough having to listen to someone tell us a story about a snake biting a lady when we all know those kind of snakes do not bite people (Hi Dave)

That night at the Yakitori bar made up for everything that went wrong at Fuji Q that day. You can't go wrong with an evening full of Boobies and beer!!