TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Robb and one very quick question how far north of Tokyo is this park and could I do it in half day, heading to Tokyo in Feb.

Tobu Zoo Park gmap

If it's not to crowded you could do it in a half day. My brother and i did Tobu Zoo Park, Tokyo Dome City and Tokyo DisneySea in one day in September

Thanks for the update Robb and one very quick question how far north of Tokyo is this park and could I do it in half day, heading to Tokyo in Feb.

Toby Zoo Park gmap

If it's not to crowded you could do it in a half day. My brother and i did Toby Zoo Park, Tokyo Dome City and Tokyo DisneySea in one day in September

Thanks for the map, Have three days planned for Disney and one spare day to fit everything else in.

Oh, and its keeping the video at the top in a REALLY narrow position.

I've seen this bug happen once or twice. The only way I've seen to get rid of it is to restart your browser.

I'm uploading a new version of the video to see if that helps with streaming.

--Robb

lol, I was looking at the guy with the mean looking face then realized it was me!

Kawasemi in my opinion was the best steel coaster of the whole China/Korea/Japan trip. The TPR trips just keep getting better and better each year. Can't wait to see how you top it in 2009!

^ I totally, unequivocally second that motion. I think this is the only time I will advocate for Knott's getting another coaster!

On a related note...does anyone know if Goliath (the one in Europe) is considered to be a megalite? It's under 200 ft, but somehow it doesn't seem so 'megalite-ish' to me. Can anyone clarify?

On a related note...does anyone know if Goliath (the one in Europe) is considered to be a megalite? It's under 200 ft, but somehow it doesn't seem so 'megalite-ish' to me. Can anyone clarify?

Goliath is classified as a Mega Coaster.

// Marcus

I would love to see Knott's get rid of Perilous Plunge and put something like this in that big, under utilized space.

I would like Knott's to NOT get one of these so that way I don't have to go back there.

I prefer them building coasters that I don't care about!

--Robb

I would love to see Knott's get rid of Perilous Plunge and put something like this in that big, under utilized space.

I would like Knott's to NOT get one of these so that way I don't have to go back there.

I prefer them building coasters that I don't care about!

--Robb

Agreed, and even if knotts did did get one somehow they would ruin it. I have been on some of the best B&Ms(Apollo's Chariot, Alpengeist, BTR) and when ghost rider was in its prime, it blew all the previously mentioned coasters away. Now it just makes my ribs hurt! If any park gets this it should be a well maintained park like Hershey or even Dollywood. There is never a great reason to go to Knotts unless you work there, or you are going to haunt.

The Knotts used to be awesome, but now it sucks! Ghost

Seeing Mega Lights just make me wonder why on earth any park shouldn’t have one. There just perfect! Well, close...

I also really like Regina’s restraints. They look like they were done by Intamin, but they have big cushy seats behind them. I imagine they must have made the ride much more comfortable that it would have been without them, although from what I hear they weren’t enough to completely save the ride.

Nice update.

^That’s what I thought, but I looked it up on RCDB and found out it was made by the same manufacture as White Cyclone at Nagashima Spa Land, but Intimin made the trains. Now that I found that out it's not surprising because from what I’ve heard, woodies from different manufactures using Intamin trains have turned out rather rough. (Specifically Coaster Express at Parque Warner Madrid)

The trains look like they were some of Intamin's first attempts at woodie cars, because at first glance their strikingly similar to PTC cars, specifically the headrests and body of the cars.

^That’s what I thought, but I looked it up on RCDB and found out it was made by the same manufacture as White Cyclone at Nagashima Spa Land, but Intimin made the trains.

No. Intamin made Regina. You didn't "find anything out" you just don't understand how to read the information on RCDB. The Stand Company only designed it. Same with White Cyclone. The rest of the work was done by Intamin. In fact, White Cyclone is even featured on Intamin's website:

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=32

Why couldn't you have just trusted what I said?

--Robb "I may look stooopid, but I do know what I'm talking about every once in a while..." Alvey

I'm sorry if I made it seem like I didn't trust what you said, Robb . Really I just looked up Regina to find out the manufacturer after I first saw the restraints, before I saw your post. Then I meant to say I understand why it was rough, and how it was neat to see how the trains originated. I didn't mean to sound ignorant.

Believe me; I would never go out of my way to prove you or Elisa wrong. Nobody with common since would after browsing this site for more than five minuets.

Our next day was Nasu Highland, Seibuen, Aqua Stadium, and the quest for Yakatori!

Some of you may remember the last time were at Nasu, we rode coasters in the SNOW! (Click that link if you don't remember!)

This time, no snow! But lots of ERT! In fact we had ERT on four of their coasters...including BIG BOOM which is like a Dive Machine...but not! Strange ride this one is (Why am I talking like Yoda...)

Anyway, this is a VERY photo heavy report since we visited three parks and had some fun in Tokyo. Enjoy!

Our day started VERY early as Nasu Highland is a few hours outside of Tokyo. I wanted to teabag Joey but I wasn't allowed to.

We made a quick stop at the services that had this AMAZING machine. Sure, it looked like a typical coffee or drink machine, but check out the screen. There is a small camera INSIDE the machine that shows you what's happening on the other side of the panel.

It's completely unnecessary, but totally awesome! I love Japan!

Here we are at Nasu! This time, there's no snow!

Everyone ready for the Big Boom?

Big Boom is kind of like a "poor mans SheiKra" in that the first drop really is near vertical. (that's it on the left)

I still think that Nasu has the most "colorful" collection of coasters anywhere!

Holy crap!!!

"I know it's called Spin Turn, but it doesn't spin THAT much right....right?"

OMFG! This ride spun more than almost ANYTHING else I've been on!!!

Camel toe coaster!!!

Jeff gives us his best camel toe impression (it's not a very good one)

Camel toe coaster is pretty much one of those giant Japanese "Jet Coasters" - It's got to be at least 150 feet tall with lots of rampy hills. Not much airtime, but they are still fun rides.

SIGNATURE MOVE!!!!

Signature move FAIL!

Hey what is F2?

Ooooh....I'm really sorry guys!

As far as SLC's go I don't think it was that bad.

The boys are having a lot more fun on the Togo Death Machine flat ride!

This is seriously one MESSED UP flat ride!

"If you scan my shirt with your Japanese mobile phone it will take you to TPR!"

PANIC!!! DRIVE!!!

"Hey guys! You are not panicking enough!"

It looks more like "Happy Happy Joy Joy Drive"

Ok, they look slightly more freaked out.

Up it's a powered coaster.

Dirty, dirty whores!

"Hey Chris, is that a real tiger?"

Hi Joey...does this look familiar? It shouldn't!

It's like the double decker carousel from the Great America parks...but kind of looks like a mix between a rocket ship and a birthday cake with swans and random animals on the top...I LOVE JAPAN!!!

Speaking of bizarre things in the park - you can go fishing...yes, it's true, you can fish at Nasu Highland!

The little dude in the shack down there will give you all your fishing equipment.

And when you are done...LUNCH TIME!

Random Camel Toe Coaster Photo!

For those of you who remember the SBNO coaster "Lightning" from our last update...

It's gone.

BIG BOOOOOOM!!!

It's got one giant intense loop!

It's like Twisted Sisters but with a lot less suckiness!

OMFG! Yeah, the drop obviously isn't as steep as some of the dive machines, but holy crap it's scary!

Hello Big Boom, how are you doing?

Cute, yes?

Cute, no?

I just love how impressive the lower half of this park looks. Seriously that coaster collection down there is awesome! And thanks to the fantastic use of color you can make out each coaster easily!

Thank you Nasu Highland!!!

I hear that the tuna melts here KICK ASS!!!

Everyone crashes out on our way to the next park.

SEXY!!!

Hey! Let's go visit Hanno!

Our next stop was Seibuen. A smaller park in the middle of nowhere with a couple of credits (well, they have one, I think...)

OMG! I've died and gone to capsule machine heaven!

We're mostly "screwed"

Here is the coaster with the most BIZARRE queue ever!

Here is the queue...yes that's right...you sit down! They fill up a row of seats and then they tell you to stand up and board the train! WTF?!?!?

Did we mention that for whatever reason they totally segregated us from the other Japanese (do you blame them???) They put all the westerners in one row and the Japanese in the others. Then they boarded us last! It was actually pretty damn funny!!!

Oh, yeah, and it has a loop too...

Just in case you've already forgotten what coaster we are talking about. (We see you Jewy!!!)

And the trains were even CARPETED!!! How very shag of them!

For you coaster nerds, here's the layout and some random info.

The Baby swap gets Elissa and Leon the front row!

It's very cute, very Hello Kitty, but very whorish!

Yup.

It's like a mini-Harmonyland!

"I love you almost as much as rodents!"

"Hey Barry! The lady gay crapped on my pants!"

"I'm a sad, sad panda."

Next stop...Aqua Stadium! (Today was a busy, busy day!)

Because you can just never have enough Galaxy Express with the 15 minute pre-show!

TPR TAKEOVER of this bizarre Intamin indoor launched coaster!

Ok, next stop...the boys go on a search for Yakatori!

Shibuya is the destination of choice!

For Yakatori, follow this sign!

Head towards the building with the lights on it.

GO THIS WAY!!!

Gentlemen, we have SCORED!!! (It's also right across the street from the Disney Store if that helps!)

"I like meat on stick more than sex....I think...."

Bob doesn't look so angry when he's eating dead animal flesh. Yum!

Cheers for a kick ass day full of coasters, meat on a stick, and beer! WE LOVE JAPAN!!!!