TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With both T-Express and Eagle Fortress, this park seems to put those parks with billions of humdrum rides to shame (not mentioning any names...).

Seriously though, T-Express looks like the best ride I've ever seen by a landslide. I'm sure Eagles Fortress will look good too once the video loads.

Oh. My. God. That looks freaking amazing. Except for one thing. I'm assuming that the mid-course brake is tuned up so high to keep the slimmer and shorter Koreans from flying out of the ride?

Here in America it would just be to keep from getting sued for being too "intense", but there I can imagine flying Koreans everywhere without some sort of stop-gap.

Justin "Feeling rather un-PC today" Adams

^ The thing is, the midcourse wasn't even on *that* hard. For some reason the ride shows a lot slower in the video than riding it. Our morning rides were certainly slower than the night rides (we only had the train half full) but I'd say if you were going 40MPH into the midcourse it slowed you down to about 25MPH.

Sure, that's nearly 1/2, but it wasn't like SFMM's Goliath where you came to a complete stop or anything.

--Robb

Thanks for the T Express POV Robb!!! I was just looking for one online last night but all I could find is crappy hand held ones from you tube... and J-pop music videos with the J-pop artists crawling all over the track and wood. How timely of you.

^^^^ Damn knowitall kids these days with their lions and tigers. The little guy had a design sorta like a tabby cat, and wasn't just one color, so I thought he was a tiger, as opposed to the baby white lion that had no real design on him.

All I know is he was adorable when he meow/growled for me.

-RO

^ The thing is, the midcourse wasn't even on *that* hard. For some reason the ride shows a lot slower in the video than riding it. Our morning rides were certainly slower than the night rides (we only had the train half full) but I'd say if you were going 40MPH into the midcourse it slowed you down to about 25MPH.

Sure, that's nearly 1/2, but it wasn't like SFMM's Goliath where you came to a complete stop or anything.

--Robb

Yeah, the video makes it seem like it seriously slows down the train, but I have to agree with Beemerboy that I did forget about the midcourse by the time the ride video was over. I looked up the park's website too and Everland looks like a really nice park. I still haven't downloaded the Eagle's Fortress video, but going to now.

I don't think anything will be as bad as Goliath's MCBR... I remember riding when it first opened and was blown away at the speed and intensity... then the next time I rode it was circumsized in a bad way.

Ummm... those are lions in that pic you posted.

My apologies if Jason and I aren't as well educated as you appear to be.

But, I'm 99.99% sure of what he was referring to.

Are you?

I was just trying to be helpful, not snarky (hence the winky face in my post).

Hey Robb, I just noticed your wearing of the Behemoth Bash shirt (I think) while on T-Express in the vid. What is it about wearing that shirt and making "clacking balls" comments, anyway?

Dan "That was the most awesome/hilarious/painful thing ever" Smith

^^The Japan trip ended a few weeks ago. They're just busy people!

Oh yeah, and Joey's "aging" was hilarious! I'm guessing the Oregon State game put even more years on him too.

The season is still young...plenty of time to climb back up in the rankings.