TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although all these people weren't here...so you know what that makes them? "Smarter than us!"

Mmmm, that's good reference.

Buzz Lightyear was pretty much the same as all the other versions. Don't forget about this hidden targets in the lightspeed tunnel or the one under Zurg's medallion!

Did they have the 100,000 target on the red Rock 'Em Sock 'Em's arm?

A Disney park without the crowds - I love it!! I haven't seen a Disney park this empty since I had the priviledge of visiting Eurodisney in early 1992. Sure, there wasn't much there (BTM, Pirates, Phantom Manor and not much else), but it was totally a fair trade-off, getting to enjoy the short lines and the park all to ourselves. Disney ERT RAWKS!!

So for the most part this version of Small World looks like all the other ones...except for one change...there are now popular Disney characters scattered throughout the ride. Now I had heard all the Disney purists moan and complain about this how it "ruins It's a Small World", blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, I don't understand all the whining about this, either. (Well, based on what I know about "Disney purists," maybe I do.) I hardly see how this "demeans" the attraction, and if adding Disney characters to a DISNEY ride puts more butts in the boats, the purists should be all for it.

But, no--this belittles Walt's vision! In fact, I demand the removal of the upgraded, Dolby 5.1 version of the California ride's soundtrack in favor of the original mid-1960s' stereo version!

So for the most part this version of Small World looks like all the other ones...except for one change...there are now popular Disney characters scattered throughout the ride. Now I had heard all the Disney purists moan and complain about this how it "ruins It's a Small World", blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, I don't understand all the whining about this, either. (Well, based on what I know about "Disney purists," maybe I do.) I hardly see how this "demeans" the attraction, and if adding Disney characters to a DISNEY ride puts more butts in the boats, the purists should be all for it.

But, no--this belittles Walt's vision! In fact, I demand the removal of the upgraded, Dolby 5.1 version of the California ride's soundtrack in favor of the original mid-1960s' stereo version!

I was mortified myself when I heard they were going to add the Disney characters to IASW. I admit that I despise the ride itself (that song makes my ears bleed still to this day). But, I adore the set design/imagineering. I think Mary Blair was a genius! Her designs still inspire me to this day. I do confess though, they did an excellent job of tying in the old & the new with teh additions. My only questions is: Did they still include the Rainforest in the HKDL version? I know they added a whole Asia section not in the US version. I hope they keep it in the DLR version, as that was my favorite section of the ride. Guess I'll find out in December when it re-opens in Anaheim.

Thanks again for a great trip report. And Kid-tum's looks precious!!!

It is amazing, everytime I read a TR, i think to myself, now that has got to be the cutest picture of Kid Tums ever. then I read the next TR and there is a better and cuter pic.

TR is great, as always.

Is there a new rule that someone on the trip at some point has to wear an Iron Maiden tshirt?

Up the Irons!

Aren't they putting Disney characters in the California version of IASW? I haven't been on that in forever, and it's currently closed anyway.

Seeing that mountain behind the HKDL castle is strange.

Here's a strange question: is the orientation of the park like Disneyland and Florida's Magic Kingdom? That is, when you walk toward the castle, are you walking north? Tomorrowland is on the east side of the park, and so on? I know Florida's Magic Kingdom is set up that way, but I've wondered that about all of the Disneylands around the world.

Of course, Florida's is also in Orange County.

Eric

[quote name="nojarama My only questions is: Did they still include the Rainforest in the HKDL version? I know they added a whole Asia section not in the US version. I hope they keep it in the DLR version' date=' as that was my favorite section of the ride. Guess I'll find out in December when it re-opens in Anaheim.

precious!!! [/quote]

Yeah there is a rainforrest, albeit smallish.

The Asia section is pretty cool as well.