TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

Another great and interesting update.

I think it's strange that Honey Lake is so abandoned. It looks like there is a huge residential area right by the lake, so you'd think it would get lots of business from there?

I also have a question. What do you class as a credit and what is not a credit?

cheers,

Matt

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Christmas shooting dark ride reminds me of my favorite line from Mystery Science Theater, when they were riffing on Santa Claus Conquers the Martians:

Big John Call is Santa Claus in "O Little Town of Deathlehem!"

There are no set rules.

I personally do not count powered coasters, water coasters or re-located coasters or anything that just doesn't look like a coaster...like a free fall or something silly like that.

It's up to you to count whatever you want. I've seen people on this trip count Alpine Slides and gravity powered cycle cars. And while I personally wouldn't do that, I don't have a problem with people that do.

--Robb

The chicken head was awesome! Can you pack one up and bring it home for me as a souvenier.

Holliday World totally needs to make a Santa themed shooting dark ride. Call it Unholy Nite, or Merry Christmas MuthaF**kaz!=)

Guy "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause, then I gunned them both down before Daddy caught them." Koepp

or anything that just doesn't look like a coaster...like a free fall or something silly like that.

--Robb

So do you count Superman The Escape at SFMM?

cheers,

Matt

^This ride could be set up like the Reese's cup Challenge at Hershey, only instead of "Team Chocolate" and Team Peanut butter," it would be "Team Jesus" and "Team Santa."

bwahahahaha. you totally freakin' crack me up Chuck- and i would SO ride that.

interestingly, i just watched Santa Claus conquers the Martians not too long ago, not the MST3K version though, just the original movie- it's kinda hard to sit through, but that one guys mustache makes it worth it.

^You're hardier than I am, Falafel. I tried to sit through SCCTM once in high school, but couldn't do it. But MST3K made it immensely entertaining.

Another awesome MST Xmas episode riffs on a Mexican movie called, simply, Santa Claus. And it features a mincing little creep (named "Patch") in tights and devil horns who works the anti-Santa beat for Satan.

or anything that just doesn't look like a coaster...like a free fall or something silly like that.

--Robb

So do you count Superman The Escape at SFMM?

cheers,

Matt

Yes, I do count that. Superman is not a free fall ride.

This is not the thread to be discussing what is and is not a coaster, this is the thread to be discussing our China trip. If you would like to further discuss what counts as a coaster please do a search for one of the many threads we have on this subject.

--Robb

I was completely falling for that story regarding Ed. I was thinking, "hmmm, I wonder which gangsta rapper from LA he was? Would I have heard of him? Was he affiliated with NWA/Eazy E? Why isn't there a picture of him?"

then...

"Oooohhh, the chicken. I'm so...well I won't call myself stupid...so I'll go with gullible. Very gullible."

I think I've been to that Happy Valley or Happy Kingdom.

I remember riding that SLC and a haunted house.

Can't wait for Ocean Park! I used to go there every year. I go to Hong Kong because I have a duel citizenship but I've only been to HKDL once.

Does anyone know when that new coaster that their working on, in Ocean Park, will be completed?

I was just wondering...with that tragic accident last year in Japan, were you guys extra nervous riding some of those rustbucket coasters?

No, not at all. How many roller coaster accidents do you hear of? Very, VERY few. The odds are absolutely in our favor.

Our bus journeys through China have been *far* scarier than any roller coaster we've been on.

--Robb

Hey!!

Just wanted to get on say Hello, Hello!!

I've been following the trip report and it looks Great!!! Those are some crazy tripped out rides you guys have been getting on! And I am a bit jealous!! It's all good, the trip reports keep my mind off of work, Ha!

I love the shots your taking of all the crazy food your eating!! I know I'm not the only one that does that!! Ha, HA, Mr. Ed!!!

Just wondering does McDonald's taste the same??

Take Care

Roxanne