TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

Someone should tell Hard Rock Park that THIS is how to theme a Vekoma Mine Train!

Ah, but did it play an inappropriate Eagles' song while you rode? (Actually, no Eagles would be another plus.)

Thanks for the update--this park looks great.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The B&M Flyer looks awsome! I love the theming that reminds me of Lord of the Rings.

I looked all around the internet but I can't find a POV of the coaster. Did u guys made a POV? Our is it simply not possible cause the operators don't allow camera's? I mean, If they were so good with 1 train, maybe these chinese guys spot everything.

Anyway, if someone knows a link with the POV, I will be happy to

Great report so far Robb, the captions keep getting better and better!!! That place looks insane and beautiful, love the scooter rental idea. The flyer gets my nod for best coaster theming ever, it is simply amazing how much work and detail they put into that. I would say that looks better than Everest at Animal Kingdom.

happyvalley_34_149.jpg.895ba9c72caadd660e91a9cdf663d4e3.jpg

Simply Amazing!!!

The B&M Flyer looks awsome! I love the theming that reminds me of Lord of the Rings.

I looked all around the internet but I can't find a POV of the coaster. Did u guys made a POV? Our is it simply not possible cause the operators don't allow camera's? I mean, If they were so good with 1 train, maybe these chinese guys spot everything.

Anyway, if someone knows a link with the POV, I will be happy to

Patience!!!

There will be a very nice POV on TPR soon enough!

--Robb "And yes that was a Simpsons quote!" Alvey

The Crystal Wings theming looks like, to me, some gigantic unbelieveable GI-normous sand castle! Amazing...

Quite the park.

And the tour's looking good, Robb.

Chicken feet, tastey fish and all.

Random note - today we are doing our internal China flight and going through securty was very "interesting". They were the most strict I've ever seen making us take litterally everything out of our carry on bag. They were very nice and efficient about it but the most odd thing that was singled out was one of KidTums' rubber duckies!

So yeah, all this stuff had to back through the X-ray....computers, electronics, batteries....and a little rubber duckie!

The flight is now secure from all danger!!!

This made Joey insanely jealous!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Why is Joey always eating Meat on a Stick?!

That flyer is beyond amazing! I mean, I always thought some parks OVERLY theme their rides, but this one hit it JUST right! It's crazy cool!

OMG KidTums is seriously adorable beyond belief. Are you just going up to random Chinese girls and saying like "Hey, take a picture with my daughter and I'll guarantee you a date with this man *pulls out picture of Jahan*"

WOW - Crystal Wings looks absolutely amazing -Hopefully Cedar Fair can take note and do something like this somewhere - Do you think a trashcan mountain theme could be worked out?

Glad you are having a blast - keep the photos coming please!

David

Great photos!

My parents and grandmother ate those exact chicken feet on a regular basis. Imagine a dinner table with a big steaming plate of chicken feet with toes and all! That's what you get for growing up in a Chinese household.

OMG KidTums is seriously adorable beyond belief. Are you just going up to random Chinese girls and saying like "Hey, take a picture with my daughter and I'll guarantee you a date with this man *pulls out picture of Jahan*"

I was over there in 2003 for 2 weeks and I had my picture taken by locals about 50 times. When not having a picture taken you just get stared at. Felt like I was famous for 2 weeks lol. I guess since the Olympics and all the tourists it's calmed down a bit as it's getting more normal to see westerners now.

The Chinese SLC also uses the same color scheme as "Desafio" in Parque de la Costa - Argentina! They really love to copy everything!
Actually...

p17939.jpg.1781541787628d73464504bc1437eb41.jpg

Shenzhou Coaster, Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park

p4519.jpg.a1d32cf6db1f18fa55094abbee7fe705.jpg

Goliath, Walibi World (Six Flags Holland)