TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Hurricane Thread

Homer

That's the one big difference I've noticed this time around, the preparation has been much better compared to Katrina. There will be no places of last resort like the superdome last year, most of the people should be able to get out of the area before it hits. I'm still here for now, but I've got a hotel room in talahassee and a friend in south carolina, so depending on what happens overnight, I'll be going to one of those places tomorrow. Hopefully the storm shifts west overnight.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone in the path of this storm. Truely and honestly I feel for you guys.

The storm surge is going to absolutely slaughter New Orleans, man this is going to be a REALLY bad storm, I'm almost expecting it to be just as bad or worse then Andrew.

May god bless you all.

Kalepi "Get the hell out NOW!" Konei

Was just reading on cnn that some people are not leaving because they don't have the money. That is why NO has busses on hand to get people out, there is no reason to not get out. Also, some people who won't leave because local forecasters say it going north of them. People in New Orleans have some courage, I probably been leaving on Friday to get out if I was down there. Also, mandatory evacuations are now into effect. Again, good luck everyone down there.

map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg.f08bd023ced6f933abdb79a81b072e97.jpg

The latest news is that the levees will bearly hold. The prediction is that the storm will make landfall as a cat. 3 storm tomorrow morning. If Gustav makes an unpredicted curve to the east of the city, then it could mean the worst for New Orleans in the way of storm surge.

Arg, this sucks so bad. I feel so bad for all of you in New Orleans, if I was religious I would say my prayers are going out for you... but I'm not, so I'm saying good luck and stay safe!

It was originally forecast to hit as a cat. 4, now they have it as a cat 3. Which is a little bit better I guess.

I know New Orleans is many peoples home, but after this, depending on damages, I really think they shouldn't rebuild the city, or at least move it to another location. Honestly, what if it were to happen again next year, or the year after that? You never know with these things. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I know New Orleans is many peoples home, but after this, depending on damages, I really think they shouldn't rebuild the city, or at least move it to another location. Honestly, what if it were to happen again next year, or the year after that? You never know with these things. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Well, I agree there, but the the city will be rebuilt.....but my thoughts are that let the people that have the money to rebuild, rebuild. The ones who don't, should ahve to move. If this was the first time and hasn't happened in a while, then they should get help. But this could be the second time in recent history and who knows what past history it has.

When Hanna hits Myrtle Beach, SC I will be here to witness it. I will be taking photos and videos to show yall after it is over. I am going to go to beach when it makes landfall to see it come in. YAY me. Good luck to me yall.

Isn't that a really, REALLY bad idea?

So you're going to go stand on a beach video taping the storm surge of a hurricane?

You'll just end up adding to the list of darwin award winners who go swimming during hurricanes.