TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Using Custom Supports Question.

First, I downloaded that Steelworks custom support pack, and I am trying my best to add custom supports, which looks like a tedious task, just for one coaster, but my question is..

When using the support killer, it leaves black squares on the ground where the default supports were, and I don't want them there. I would like the new supports to blend in with the ground without a bunch of black square shadows on the ground, looks really stupid.

Here is a screenshot I took attempting a test.

I have seen other RCT3 parks with custom supports without any black squares on the ground and landscape, so how do you eradicate them?

I even turned off the shadow option, saved the park, loaded it back up, turned on the shadow option, and they're still there. I think a simple invisible support killer should be made, so when trying to get rid of the supports, there is never any black squares on the ground, unless I am doing something wrong, please help. Thanks.

Tim

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you gotten out of the mode where you place scenery? They have always dissappeared when in any other mode besides the scenery placing mode for me. If this isn't the case for you, then I am sorry, but I have no idea.

I am in Sandbox mode, Shadow Option on. SHould I be in the Scenario Editor while designing my park and using the custom supports?

Can someone post some screenshot examples of the correct way to adding supports, so I can get an idea of what I am doing wrong? It's tedious just trying to place them, and use the correct ones for the coaster.

Thanks.

Tim

Here, Search for this on the Atari forums - Gadgets Coaster Goodies.

I use the support killer in them and there is not dodgy shadow, whereas on the Jcat's support killer I do get a shadow.

If you can't find it at atari then google it.

Hope this helps!

Yes Thanks, I had actually downloaded it earlier after I searched for it online, and the support killer is much better, invisible, so it works great. However it is a tedious task removing all the default supports, and adding custom supports, and deciding which ones go where. I know it makes coasters more realistic, but my god it's a pain to do. And some of them from afar can't reach the track when you have inversions and sharp turns in a curved angle, especially the suspended roller coaster I was working on. (screenshots below).

I am sure you can direct me to another pack of custom coaster supports that someone designed besides the Jcat's Steelworks I have that has more options for pieces.

The trains on my coaster almost hit the supports and supports are coming through the track, and it doesn't give me enough leeway to make them perfect, or is that impossible to do?

I am just placing a bunch of my saved coasters in a park for fun, and using different elements and things. It is almost a testing park facility, nothing serious. The coaster I added the supports too, is my suspended flying coaster Flying Mantis, and I may have added too many supports, and in some places, I don't have a support piece to actually place one, like the overbank turns real high, how do you add a support to that for a suspended coaster?

I also added those handrails in the station, but I think I have them wrong. I think I was suppose to make them one step deeper.

Later

Thanks Again,

Tim

The lift hill on that first pic is way messed up! But then again that's exactly what you were talking about, sometimes they don't fir and sometimes they do. I guess the only realy way to get it just right is to make your own CSO's to fit the track properly. But for many that's a very daunting task.

Glad you got the support killers sorted.

Yeah, I tried that with the rocks and it works, but if you were to eliminate all supports using rocks, you'll have a large landscape of them.

Anyways, I finally made a full coaster using the custom supports to best of my ability, landscaped it, and I have some pictures to show everybody. I removed that ugly purple one, and created a all-new suspended coaster design for this project, so I hope you enjoy these pictures. It took me hours to build, add supports, add landscaping, and the ride actually runs okay throughout the track without trying to hit the supports. It's a short ride.

I turned on the 3D graphics and trees, to get some realism when taking the screenshots.

I call it Blue Steel, and it is in a new park project I am working on.

Going up the lift. I added the guard rails and steps on the lift, which was in that custom pack I downloaded. It makes the coaster really cool.

Reaching the top of the lifthill, and about to down the first drop.

Descending down a drop, and a quick view of landscaping by a waterfall.

About to fly over the queue line for the ride.

Back to the station.

The waterfall which I plan on fixing up a little.

And an overview of Blue Steel and it's location in the new park I am working on.

I understand any future pictures I'll have to start a new thread. I just want to thank everybody for giving me info and links for programs to download to eliminate the supports, besides using the support killer by JCat.

Thanks,

Tim

I removed the waterfall, and added the overhead supports in the station, because as you probably noticed, there wasn't any supports.

Well, I am gonna take my time with the new park, and not rush anything, so I'll post what I can. I am actually looking for a new job at the moment, since I quit my previous job after 7 years with the company. I probably won't be spending that much time playing RCT3, but I'll do what I can.

Tim

Well Thanks Kraken613, I appreciate that. I know I am not the best here, and all you other builders are younger than me, however you have been building parks longer than me, and most of you have all or most of the custom scenery packs.

I can only do what I currently have, it's fun to play and build, but I will say that I am not fanatic, but that could change. The reason I am playing and building at the moment, is that I am out of work, and I am bored while I look for a new job. It's fun to pass the time.

As for a new computer, I doubt that will happen. I may just need more RAM and a new graphics card. I enjoy visiting this website, the forums, and looking at all the cool, awesome, creative parks and coasters that all you veteran builders have built. All you guys and gals (if there are any) have built some great parks. I am trying my best to create something fresh, different, and imaginative with a theme park that looks realistic.

The park I am currently working on, I am gonna take it slow, and play and build when I have time, and await for my Wild! Expansion pack to arrive, so I can use something from that in my new park, and I'll download as many scenery packs as I can once inawhile. You guys keep up the great work, and that goes for all you RCT2 builders as well. The theme park of the future is within us all, let's make it happen.

Tim

building parks always have to be fun! without fun you cn better stop building. A lot of parks end up being not completed cause people loose interest or it's just no more fun building it. But thats oke.

for building really realistic and themed parks.. time and practise are your friends