TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you think of Intamin rocket coasters?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason that Disaster Transport is enclosed is because CP planned so far in advance for the future theming possibilites of TTD that the walls of the DT's building are actually just parts to a giant obelisk that CP plans to erect when they re-theme half of the park to an Egyptian village.

Where di you hear that?

I think Intamin Rocket coasters are great! I just wish a park would build them more like Storm Runner and Kannonen than TTD and Ka!

They have almost unlimited potential! I can't wait to see how Superman down in Australia turns out!

What is wrong with Intamin rocket coasters? People keep dissing them and they're getting popular, too. They've built quite a bit of them over the past couple of years. Personally (this is just my opinion) I think they are the best kind of coaster.

EXACTLY! Its YOUR opinion, I have many opinions, and many arn't worth starting a topic about and argueing for 9 pages.

Keep them to yourself.

The only reason that Disaster Transport is enclosed is because CP planned so far in advance for the future theming possibilites of TTD that the walls of the DT's building are actually just parts to a giant obelisk that CP plans to erect when they re-theme half of the park to an Egyptian village.

Where di you hear that?

That totally made my day.

I think Intamin Rocket coasters are great! I just wish a park would build them more like Storm Runner and Kannonen than TTD and Ka!

They have almost unlimited potential! I can't wait to see how Superman down in Australia turns out!

Not nessicarrily. TTD and KK are both great, but they are too short and have almost no layout. now if they could find the money to combine KK with SR, THAT would truly be a great ride. Of course, account for enlarging the SR first(It wont go from the tower to the bunny hill to the small inversions...)

If they could combine the two ideas into one, that would be the best coaster ever. The only problem is that it would cost way too much money! If a park were able to afford a ride like that, it would be very popular. Let's just wait until a park actually can!

^you know, I actually did that in RCT2. Its a really nice concept, and I made quite a few varients on it. One of them had a tilted loop on it, after a turnaround (it had some Xcelerator-style action in it, after the top hat)

People are talking about how they love Kingda Ka better than Top Thrill Dragster. Well, think for a second. Yes, it's faster and taller, but barely noticable. It has a so-called 'airtime' hill, that produces no air. Only the first two rows get great airtime on the top hat due to the trim brakes.

Top Thrill Dragster, on the other hand, has no trims, and only lap bars. Kingda Ka has over-the-shoulder-restraints, which kills the ride.

^^^You could just have the twist be the opposite direction (i.e. Mr. Freeze, without the hurting and about 3 times the height)

^^TTD has a better theme for the speed part of the ride, it has a speedometer (sometimes it launches 130!), you can stand right next to the launch (without having to be in a queue), and the trains are cooler.

God, don't be so silly TTD Shippers, Kingda Ka is a better ride, and is an improvment since its predescessor, just because SF stole your record...

Edit: Sometimes it launches 130? I severely doubt that... 10 mph extra is enough to throw the blocks out of allignment.

It has to do with the wind at the top! They over-launch it to overpower the wind at the top. KK always over launches a little bit, that's what the trims are for.

KK would have been better without trims and the brakes starting at the top of the air-time hill, just like the promo video. It would have been better if the launch was actually 3.5 seconds (instead of 4).