TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you think of Intamin rocket coasters?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with all the length queens here? I seem to be in a distinct minority on TPR, but I can think of few kinetic rushes I've gotten that can beat my rides on KK and TTD. They only last 25 seconds? So how long is an orgasm?

What is it with all the length queens here? I seem to be in a distinct minority on TPR, but I can think of few kinetic rushes I've gotten that can beat my rides on KK and TTD. They only last 25 seconds? So how long is an orgasm?

Most people think differently. They thing it's better than an orgasm

Maybe they could just redo TTD or KK to make them longer

Dragster cost 29 Million dollars, Millenium Force cost 25 Million dollars, no park outside of Universal or Disney could ever see a return on a 54 million Dollar roller coaster.

Dragster gives a completely different expereince then Millennium Force which gives a different experiece then Magnum etc etc and that IMO is quite smart.

^How do you know? they could have saved up a bunch of monet in the past 2 years just to redo it.

That had too be sarcasm, it was just entirely way too damn funny otherwise.

well, duh! no park could raise that much money. BUT... they did raise 25 million in 3 years (MF and then TTD) so you never know.

Actually Dragster cost much less, but 25 was the total for the themeing and entire redo of the area. The real cost of just the ride was a bit less.

Actually, CP's profit margains are WAY higher. Sure, not many other parks can afford that (apart from SF) but so what? Rather them spend 6 mill on a sweet wooden coaster like The Voyage than another rocket (unless its like Storm Runner).

Actually Dragster cost much less, but 25 was the total for the themeing and entire redo of the area. The real cost of just the ride was a bit less.

Theming? That was a waste of money. I mean, how much do checkered flags cost?

And don't forget the money waisted on the train themeing that lasted, what, a month?! Im guessing TTD alone cost about 10-13 mil, then paying the people to construct it had to cost alot plus renting cranes and all that stuff was expensive.

Colin C

^Totally. Their' next ride will actually use Dragster as the crain itself. Intamin and a tower crane contractor were both called and had to work together to make it as multifunctional as possible. The only reason that Disaster Transport is enclosed is because CP planned so far in advance for the future theming possibilites of TTD that the walls of the DT's building are actually just parts to a giant obelisk that CP plans to erect when they re-theme half of the park to an Egyptian village.