TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you think of Intamin rocket coasters?

Xcelerator is AWSOME! But the problem with it is its 2 short. If they made a rocket coaster that did inversions, airtime hills, helixes and lasted for 2 min, that would be sweet!!!

Kevin"Xcelerator ROCKS 8) "Bujold

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TTD is overrated, and probly KK is too, and then Thorpes will probly be too.

overrated in what way?

As in why wait in a line for more than 1hr for a 17 second ride! Its like...WHOOSH...Is Magnum running? Just something not worth wait for, its not a quality ride. For me I would choose Magnum over TTD anyday.

Wait in line for a 17 second ride because it IS worth accelerating up to 120 mph in 3 seconds and shooting up 420 feet. Magnum, in my opinion, sucks so much compared to TTD. In fact, when I was there, we were in line for Magnum when TTD was down. When it came back up, we ran out of line to get in line for TTD. It was more worth it than Magnum!

^In your opinion...

Remember everyone is entitled to think what they want!

I also agree that it's a little silly to wait SOOOO long for a 14 second ride. Granted I've done it once...but I sure as hell won't do it again, not worth it!

17 seconds, thank you VERY much. The thing is that if you go on a crowded summer day a.k.a. July, you will hit severe 2 hr lines for every ride, whereas if you go during May/June the lines are less than a third as long. I rode TTD 6 times in one day because the line was so SHORT!! I guess it depends on the time of the season you decide to go. I would recommend going late May, early june so you can avoid the lines.

Another thing, TTD's line is always shorter than that of MF and Raptor because of the people that do not want to go on it. I feel sorry for them, though. It is fun when you're on TTD and there is a huge crowd beside the track watching your train.

^"Yeah everyone SHUT UP! If you don't love Top Thrill Dragster and Cedar Point you are a COMPLETE retard, who the hell cares about YOUR opinion!? It is all about ME, ME, ME!!!"

Anyways, the reason I (note person above: I) think TTD is overrated is because many people said it was fantastic and so so fast and so so tall and in fact is somewhat mediocre, sure, it is okay, but not worth the two hours and 17 seconds you waste on it.

TTD had a 4 hour wait when I was at CP.. I didnt even bother to get in line... Instead I took the time to ride all the other rides.. or in the words of the ride ops "world class coasters" . Though I will say that Magnum is even more overated than TTD.. all I can say for Magnum is OUCH, OUCH, OUCH.. those hills give amazing airtime but.. its a little rough. :shock: . same with Mantis..

As sad as it is to say, TTD is a bit much for me. I ride it every time I go to CP, but MF is much more pleasurable at my geriatric age of 26. Dragster makes me all stressed (when in line, praying it won't break down, which it usually has but then gets fixed quickly) then beats me up in the launch (maybe in a good way, but it's pushing me) gives me a terrific view and neverending drop, and then throws me away. I feel used and tired afterwards--it's just such an ordeal, I'm not sure I totally enjoy it. And if it sounds like I'm talking about something else, get yer mind out of the gutter!

As far as the other Rockets go, I haven't been on them. But I prefer a chain lift to a launch any day. Nice buildup, nice view, relaxation and anticipation-- all of which is lost for a 2 second jolt for a launch. I actually like Gemini's first drop the most out of all of the coasters at CP! It's nice and sharp. There's something about coming off of the chain that I really dig. Maybe the ultimate intamin would have a launch and a chain....!

The only rocket I've been on is Rita . But the launch was truely orgasmic, made me scream in ectasy "oh my god!". And then theres the crazy air-time that takes your breath away. Yeh, they may be short, but hey, they're good fun.

The only rocket I've been on is Rita . But the launch was truely orgasmic, made me scream in ectasy "oh my god!".

Ok......I heard when Dragster just opened, it was on this programme, and some people decribed it as better than sex. Just thought I'd say that.

Anyway, I havent been to CP, but I wouldnt spend 2hrs queuing for a 17sec ride. I would for MF because it last longer.

Also, I would rather have a Launch Coaster because my adrenaline really gets going because especially on some coasters, you dont know when you are going to launch.

Well, Ill say that in the last 2 years, having been to CP countless times, I have not seen a line last longer than 1 hour give or take 15 minutes and NOT counting break downs.

A full queue is 55 minutes without breakdowns, which I have timed on more than one occasion. It is a serious people eating machine and definatly moves more people than MF. MF just is so slow these days. Crew never seems to work as fast as they could because of the seat belt deal.

I prefer lots of other rides to Dragster but when its under 40 minutes I take a spin on the front seat.

I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes for Dragster and I didn't think it was worth the wait.....45 minutes of it was downtime due to weather and originally it had a half hour wait.....Not a bad ride.....Got on the Black Cherry train on Dragster.....Made it over the hill first time....

Dragster's fun but not worth waiting over an hour to ride.....i'm sorry but that's a fact about Dragster.....

Chris

Wow, some people need to calm down. This place (TPR) is cool because the people are respectful. And thats why I keep coming back here. So, lets keep that up and not get P.O.d at people that have different opinions than you. And if you cant live with someone who has a different opinion about a roller coaster, than I pitty you and the difficulties you will have in life...

Just respect people for who they are and the opinions they have.

(Was that too harsh?)

Rob "Mellow, and patient" D

Dragster's fun but not worth waiting over an hour to ride.....i'm sorry but that's a fact about Dragster.....

lol Fact in your world, not fact in mine. Remember, opinions are not facts.

However, theres still a huge list of rides Id rather ride. Probably a dozen or so at least. Most of them wooden coasters.

Rita's launch was incredible, but the ride isn't worth more than a 20 minute wait. I always try to get it done as either the last ride of the day, or the first. I wasn't happy about waiting 75mins for my first ride. I was happy about waiting the same length of time for Tonnerre De Zeus, which left me far more satisfied and grinning much more at the end.

I also think that Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Disneyland Paris was better than Rita, because the theming and general effort put into the ride are far superior to the effort made by Alton Towers' launched coaster.

I'd definetly queue a while for my first ride on TTD or Kingda Ka, but not repeatedly if they're not worth the wait.

they are made to do exactly what they are made to do, Dragster downtime issues are essentially solved, and it pumps 3 times as many people out at that POS Blue thing across the pennisula.

Cedar Point already had two hypers, why make a 3rd launched one, they made something different and I applaud them for it. The GP abosultely loves the thing along with MF (which I personally think is horribly overrated).

I think they are fun and all that jazz but will outdate sooner rather than later, because when you look at it, its mainly just a launch stronger than others. When something better comes along, rides like TTD and KK, with ONLY the launch and hill will be nothing anymore. I would say in about ten years, TTD and KK will not be popular comapred to the new technology. It would be very nice if the next Intamin launch coaster had TTD's launch and first hill and then had a lot more ride to go through. When that happens, I will like them a lot better.