TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What do you think of Intamin rocket coasters?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after riding TTD and StormRunner all I can say is this: Awesome rides, but theyre usually too short. Even StormRunner, which actually has a layout after the tophat (unlike most rockets) only lasts a matter of seconds after the top hat is gone...

Decent rides .. just not put to their full potential, however .. they can't really make them much longer since you can't really have another launch without stopping and launching again, just seems like more headaches there.

TTD is ok .. rush for the speed

Xcelerator is a good ride, one of my favs.

Having ridden TTD, KK, and Xcelerator, I gotta say - and I know it's a minority opinion arond here - that I love all three. Okay, they're basically one-trick ponies, but what a trick! And one need only ride Hypersonic or S:TE to realize how good the Intamins are, compared to what they could be.

As far as their being "overrated"...Stand at the platform for TTD (or KK, if and when) and watch the returning riders whooping and applauding. (The only other coaster I've seen that gets that over-the-top reaction every time is MF.) Are you telling me that they only think they enjoyed the ride? Or that they shouldn't have? That they were somehow bamboozled? Sure, I know that S:ROS and MF regularly outscore the rockets in enthusiasts' polls, and I'd vote for them over KK, too. But... Conoisseurship is great, but sometimes I get a whiff of the wine snob thing: "How could you possibly enjoy that? It doesn't taste good, and I should know."

I personally love rocket coasters. I've only been on Rita: Queen of Speed, But it is my favourate coaster of all time. The launch is excellent. The only down side is it doesn't last that long.

I've been on

Storm Runner, Kingda Ka, and Dragster. I loved em all, but I agree, way too short.

You got on KK? Lucky....So hows the airtime on that bunny hill?

Back on topic, I have to agree that these things are not overrated. I mean look at this onride i bought...

(Im first row fully pictured on the right)

Thats the first time I was able to get that kind of reaction from any coaster, and that was on my second ride through...Plus the cheering after I rode it. Again, only seen on Dragster and MF...

Kingda Ka's camelback doesn't really produce any air. I'm not sure if it's the restraints or just the physics, it just makes Kingda Ka slightly better than Dragster.

I only got to go on it once, but at least it was the front seat. Perhaps the back gives more air.

I've ridden Xcelerater and Rita. Xcelerator is awesome. The lauch is a rush (pun intended) and I can't get enough of that tophat. Rita, however, doesn't come close. The ride shuffled a lot for being new and I didn't care for the otsr on it. On the plus side, the lanch was better then expected and the trains are roomeir then on most Intamin rides.

I'd have to aggree with whoever said that the "Rocket" coasters haven't retch there full potencial. A coaster with a Hydralic lanuch and a tophat, as well as a layout like, say, S:RoS or Expedition G-Force would be the perfect coaster.

I don't think parks are doing the right thing with rocket coasters. I think the ideal rocket coaster is for a park with little room, but can theme it very well! Imagine how much better rocket rods would've been if it was something more like a rocket coasters. The idea of speed and such would have been there 10 fold.

TTD is overrated, and probly KK is too, and then Thorpes will probly be too.

overrated in what way?

As in why wait in a line for more than 1hr for a 17 second ride! Its like...WHOOSH...Is Magnum running? Just something not worth wait for, its not a quality ride. For me I would choose Magnum over TTD anyday.