TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Brazilian SLC Construction

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, they'll use the same trains, just refurbished.

They've put the first car in exhibition here in Rio during a Tourism Convention.

I took a picture on it. The girl next to me is Juliana, Beto Carrero's daughter. Really nice person and park's Markting director.

Unfortunately, it looks like you're not getting the new vest-style restraints.

Beto Carrero World just announced that the FireWhip trains are gonna have a sound system with a theme song.

They didn't say exactly which song it is, but they said they've taken a song and made a more 'heavy' version of it. More rocky, I guess.

The trains are already being refurbished and the speakers are being installed.

Pretty nice, isn't it?

They've put the first car in exhibition here in Rio during a Tourism Convention.

I took a picture on it. The girl next to me is Juliana, Beto Carrero's daughter. Really nice person and park's Markting director.

Unfortunately, it looks like you're not getting the new vest-style restraints.

But that isn't like any SLC train I have ever seen before... The restraint is a slightly different shape and all the SLC I have been on except NorEaster had the handlebar style grips. I'm really confused by that pic...

But that isn't like any SLC train I have ever seen before... The restraint is a slightly different shape and all the SLC I have been on except NorEaster had the handlebar style grips. I'm really confused by that pic...

As far as I could notice when I took that picture, the restraints are covered. that is not the real shape, but a cover, like you put on your car or motorcicle when you park it outdoors.

So that might explain the apparent difference from the others.

Abou the handlebar, I really don't know....

This has to be the coolest SLC on earth. The station, colors, the name.

I cannot wait to see how this coaster runs. I wonder if they will ever put the new trains like the one's on Great Nor' Easter.

This park looks very nice and clean, well themed, and even looks like it has a good collection of rides.

--James "Maybe Brazil is my next target" Flint

James,

I don't think they'll buy new trains any soon. It's already a huge investiment for a south american park to buy such a huge coaster and build such a nice themming.

Altought, the park is really very beautiful and has a nice collection of rides and shows and a nice zoo.

Anytime you want to come to Brazil, I'll be pleased to go to the parks with you!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got some new construction pictures...

firewhip-9novembro-07.jpg.ef9e387e93206c127331a0d2b3d1df4d.jpg

Last picture... Can't wait to ride FireWhip on December 13th! =D

firewhip-9novembro-06.jpg.4c73c9e8af517f1b27b9dcaba2a8804d.jpg

If you take a closer look, you can see how high are the rocks that will create the fake waterfall under the coaster.

firewhip-9novembro-05.jpg.1d173e3a8e0ef47175b174071940137d.jpg

The trains were put in the track... Don't know why, but as you can see, it's just their structure; the park is still working on their rehab and adding the sound system. *o*

firewhip-9novembro-04.jpg.f25ba1f17d56c288f2adeec947cd09bd.jpg

The work doesn't stop! They have just a few weeks till FireWhip receives its first riders! =D

firewhip-9novembro-03.jpg.136459cfe0a2b1fce25503e13719b400.jpg

New toilets and stores on the free-fall island... It's next to FireWhip

firewhip-9novembro-02.jpg.a897882724d6ffaa4bc2274ebbbed416.jpg

Here you can see the new structure above de station that will hold the canvas.

firewhip-9novembro-01.jpg.aea0f98b279b859449303af5a5068c01.jpg

FireWhip =)

Well it looks like they got rid of the ear flaps that many of the US installations have so that's somewhat of an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...