TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point TR

When we arrived at the park at 10:30am on Tuesday August 19th I was immediately startled that there were supervisors working the admissions gates (I worked at Cedar Point from May - July so I know who's who) and thought "this is going to be an interesting day." The park was PACKED which I think has a lot to do with the fact that gas prices had gone down about 50 cents in the area.

Raptor had over an hour wait until we rode it as the last ride of the night around 8:45pm-> they extended the park hours by one hour- though we were told the day before they extended them 2 hours- which from talking to my friends who still worked there was causing several employees to quit. Iron Dragon never had all three trains on the entire day and I felt so dirty actually waiting almost a half hour to ride it. Same goes with Disaster Transport which wasn't using most of the queue so they could fix it up for Halloweekends.

We never did get to ride Maverick- full queue all day long- though I did get one ride in on my favorite- Mil-Force with just an hour wait despite 1.5 hours being the posted wait time. Only 3 of the shows were still playing and my favorite had already closed for the year. We rode Gemini in the first car and me and my two friends got mild whiplash in the end-helix and oh...Gemini was only running one side all day long.

I did notice that every kiddie ride was opened and mostly dead so I was thinking "why don't they pair those up and put some ops on the coasters and such." Paddlewheel was closed for Halloweekends set-up- anyone know why? (I know you do). I also found it interesting that even Mine Ride had a 20-minute wait and Gemini had over 30 minutes and yet Mean Streak was walk-on and was sending empty trains-> Why don't they take a hint and torch it!

Off of my complaints for a momment and onto the big news= Due to certain connections I made, I was able to ride Ripcord and Skyscraper. While Ripcord was fun, I still liked the one at SFGAm better because you actually flew over stuff, but it was still fun. Skyscraper is OMFG! It was one of the best rides I have ever experienced! Though I have a feeling that multiple rides would detract from this.

We were going to ride Thunder Canyon and Snake River but none of us had change for the lockers, none of us wanted $20 in loose change in our pockets, and none of the area stands would make change.

All in all we did have a great time though there were a lot of rides we missed due to how busy they were vs how understaffed they were. I wonder if someday CP will figure out how to treat their employees mid-season so they last to the end. I was asked if I wanted to come back!

Rumor Seed= All throughout the summer when I rode the train from the back to the front I would notice orange markings on trees off to one side near the "junkyard" and they are still there...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We rode Gemini in the first car and me and my two friends got mild whiplash in the end-helix

Yes! I have been wondering the same thing...what the hell happened to Gemini's helix at the end?? This is one of my all time fave coasters due to it being the first "big" coaster I ever rode when I was like twelve. I seem to remember the transitions at the end as being one of the best parts of the ride. Now you get thrown around like a rag doll!

Interesting that the park would have been that crowded on a Tuesday, as that is usually one of the low attendance days. I think that it is great that they would extend the hours for the GP, but guess it is not good for the employees. But, isn't that what they are paid to do?? I work in manufacturing and our assembly line does not get to go home until they have finished running their scheduled production. Sometimes that can mean a ten to twelve hour day. Of course, they probably make significantly more than a ride-op would at CP.

Interesting that the park would have been that crowded on a Tuesday, as that is usually one of the low attendance days. I think that it is great that they would extend the hours for the GP, but guess it is not good for the employees. But, isn't that what they are paid to do??

That was our exact reason for going on a Tuesday- we thought it would be slow- we had originally planned on going that Friday.

As for the hours being extended...keep in mind that the employees that are left are mostly working Open-Close and many don't have a day off any more and they just came off of a solid 2.5 months of 10pm closings and were looking forward to the 8pm closings. But coming from the otherside of things as a guest- yes it was nice to extend the hours- they couldn't stay opened until 10 the day we were there because of Big Bash.