TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Farenheit not open in October

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall when I went to the park in 2002 in October, Wildcat, Lightning Racer and a few other rides at Midway America weren't open. But they are this year....

Man they still have those names too

SooperBooperLooper

Booblazer

^It's think it's only held in the afternoons/evenings, which can still be cold, but I remember last year it was in the upper 70s, and I was sweating like a man most of the night. Of course, it was in the 40s the year previous. Maybe if it's warm again this year, they'll keep it open; they just don't want to make any promises on their site since they can't predict the weather this far in advance.

Yeah, that doesn't really surprise me. Seeing how much trouble they had with the ride valleying in the morning May/June temperatures, I'm sure it would be damn near impossible to get the thing to complete a circuit during a cold October morning.

When we did our backstage tour of Hersheypark we talked about when it valleyed.

Sounds like they were a bit too over-confident about it making the full circuit with no water dummies and without heating up the wheels.

Now they make sure the wheels are warm and they have weight in the train and said it hasn't been a problem since, even on a cold morning.

There may be other reasons why the ride isn't open during that time, and maybe the weather is a factor, I'm not sure, but I just wanted to comment on what I had heard about that incident.

--Robb

Rob,

I was one of the Nantimi 11 and I was there the morning that it valleyd. Did they say how they were heating the wheels? Blow dryers? Geo thermal volcanic ash? Putting the water dummies on the ride early in the morning? Any clue? Just curious

To put a rest to this with a nice, simple answer, I went ahead and e-mailed the park. Simple, right?

Dear Tyler,

Thank you for your e-mail. Fahrenheit is scheduled to be open during HERSHEYPARK in the Dark. This does, of course, depend on the weather during those weekends in October.

Again, thank you for your e-mail. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sweet Regards,

Pat Siegfried

Guest Services Supervisor

HERSHEYPARK

Proudly Committed to Our Legacy of Excellence

So, unless it valleys, Fahrenheit (or whatever it'll be called) will be open during Hersheypark in the Dark.

That's interesting because I also e-mailed the park and got the following response...

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Hersheypark. At this point, Fahrenheit is not among the rides that are scheduled to be open during Hersheypark in the Dark.

Thank you for writing,

Hershey Entertainment and Resorts

Not that it even matters to me since I won't be able to go, but I just wanted to warn people who might be going.

I'm 100% sure Fahrenheit will open in October and here's why:

-The 2008 HPITD ride list isn't even up on the website! Rodeo isn't taken off of it yet!

-Why WOULDN'T it run? Just because it valleyed back in May doesn't mean it won't work in cold weather. In fact if I remember correctly, it wasn't that cold outside to begin with.

You guys have to be patient with HP. They just need to update the ride list and entertainment schedule. They already did update the addmission prices, so it should be soon that they'll do this.

But what about your email? It seems to have a little more detail than CTcoastin's email. His didn't say who sent it. For all we know, that one could be a fake.

Bottom line is that the list hasn't been updated yet and I can hardly believe that Fahrenheit won't be on the ride list.

They don't even have Howler up either, that should be the giveaway.

I am going to find out and email them and try to get the right answer so we can sort this all out.

But what about your email? It seems to have a little more detail than CTcoastin's email. His didn't say who sent it. For all we know, that one could be a fake.

Why don't you learn the facts before calling my information fake? I have no reason to make it up and don't appreciate your comment. For the sake of people planning to go, I hope the information is wrong, but that e-mail came from Hershey whether you choose to believe it or not.

Why don't you learn the facts before calling my information fake? I have no reason to make it up and don't appreciate your comment. For the sake of people planning to go, I hope the information is wrong, but that e-mail came from Hershey whether you choose to believe it or not.

There's a big difference between "could" and "is". But right now I really don't see much evidence to prove that HERCO sent that letter. I am not calling you a fraud, but the way it looks IMO is not that convincing.

^It's think it's only held in the afternoons/evenings, which can still be cold, but I remember last year it was in the upper 70s, and I was sweating like a man most of the night. Of course, it was in the 40s the year previous. Maybe if it's warm again this year, they'll keep it open; they just don't want to make any promises on their site since they can't predict the weather this far in advance.

Not so much with Hersheypark but then again considering how warm the past winters in the mid-atlantic have been the last several years, I am somewhat surprised the theme parks in that region ( including Hersheypark ) haven't extended their seasons? Of course staffing could be an issue though.

When was the last time it snowed in Richmond or Williamsburg, VA or even Charlotte, NC? Usually when it does it happens in January. The rest of the so-called winter months its quite common to see a temp of 70, why not open Carowinds, KD, BGE or even Hersheypark? other than staffing, shouldnt be a problem but then again with the way the economy is in those regions..even that shouldn't be a problem.

I pretty sure Fahrenheit will be open, it's just they haven't updated the list yet. However, if it really isn't going to be open, I'd have to imagine it would be because of staffing issues. From what I've heard, it's pretty hard to get people to work at amusement parks in October.