TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Versus the King Cake!

First off I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed to the Carrabba's gift card and to everyone who has sent us something over the past few days. We cannot say thanks enough for making our time and efforts feel appreciated!

In with all the great gifts and thank yous we recevied a very bizarre gift that everyone was able to take part in....

A Mardi Gras King Cake!!!

For those of you who do not know what it is, it's kind of a Madi Gras tradition....it's like a giant donut cake but with a little plastic baby baked within in. You eat the cake and whoever finds the baby is declared the king. Why?

WE HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

Anyway, tonight we ate the cake....

kingcake11.jpg.585a802b7996bea395da559467d4f158.jpg

DAMMIT!!! Joey found the baby! Now he's king of the jews!!!

Thanks for the cake Jason and thanks again to everyone for all the goodies, gift cards, and thank yous!

kingcake10.jpg.7bb40424700c33d4c6c433dc8b12a5b7.jpg

Dude! The cake also came with some guy that looks like the Monopoly dude!

kingcake09.jpg.29ecfbf8d1c4a1443fe4e0b30fa8e9ba.jpg

Nearly 1/2 devoured and still no one is crowned the king.

kingcake08.jpg.1de1595ade2bf51456b452f0c577f48b.jpg

Even the diabetic had a little sliver of cake!

kingcake07.jpg.c9c5118079f83c2ee88d2fe66b46ba6c.jpg

Joey says "If I get the baby...I'll be king of the jews!!!"

kingcake05.jpg.fb61720a9e8e8859a8a549acd23adbcd.jpg

Wes sez "I want to be king of all you bitches!"

kingcake06.jpg.317447fc4423b9d31a1041878466c2de.jpg

Brandon gets the first piece since he's only here on his lunch break from Magic Mountain...

kingcake04.jpg.2c89c4877b1034b37990e1bf219df2a0.jpg

Here goes the first slice...I wonder who will be king?

kingcake03.jpg.308e274b24a0e136c31c6ddcfc0e16ea.jpg

C'mon bitch! Cut that shit up!

kingcake02.jpg.c5904eb316d9512be0753f1f28405e16.jpg

Time to cut into that bad boy with a deadly butter knife.

kingcake01.jpg.13b061dcd3b4248b73cd8a48ea992341.jpg

Here is the King Cake. Somewhere in here is a fresh plastic baby. I wonder who will be king?

MOV00975.MPG

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys enjoyed it, and that everyone could get a piece, even Dan. They really are addicting.

And as far as I can tell, LSU is still the defending national champions. BCS trophies : LSU - 2, USC - 1.

Looking forward to a Trojans-Tigers BCS title game this year.

One more thing, technically, whoever gets the baby has to buy the next king cake, so it looks like Joey owes you guys a cake.

One more thing, technically, whoever gets the baby has to buy the next king cake, so it looks like Joey owes you guys a cake.

HA! That is awesome!

Stupid Jew not only owes us his life savings but also a cake!

--Robb "We'll put it on his tab..." Alvey

Hey, if Joey is "King of the Jews," doesn't that make him the Messiah?

If so, this is what you followers of the Hebrew faith have been waiting for. If you're Christians, expect the Rapture at any moment. If you're atheists, you won't care.

King cake is not exactly the kind of stuff sugar challenged people should be eating. So I always make sure I get a diabetic portion. However, a few years back at work, in my "diabetic portion" was the baby, so I and had to buy the cake the following year.

Eric

King Cake is awesome stuff.

BTW - I think tradition holds that the person that gets the baby not only has to buy the cake but also host a party.

Form Wikipedia

Privileges and obligations associated with the trinket

Louisiana style King Cake: A cinnamon-roll like cake inside with sugary icing with traditional Mardi Gras colored sprinkles on the outside. The plastic baby usually inside the cake has been removed for clarity.The person who gets the trinket is declared the King or Queen of the day. Sometimes there are separate cakes to select the males and females; the one for women is sometimes called a Loomis Cake. The king or queen is usually obligated to supply the next king cake or host the next party or both. King cake parties may be held at the homes of people who live on or near the routes of Carnival parades.

Unique thankyou gift. (I hope you get a kick (in the intestines) from mine) Being from the northeast, King Cakes aren't all that common around here so I am sad to say I have never partook in this tradition. The one time I was in New Orleans i had a killer stomach virus so i only ate crackers

I figured I'd post this in the main for to share some crazy post-East Coast Trip stuff with everyone!

Who here has had a King Cake before and has anyone gotten the baby?

--Robb

I had never heard of one before! Apparently David had.... He's such a Jew.

Hey, if Joey is "King of the Jews," doesn't that make him the Messiah?

If so, this is what you followers of the Hebrew faith have been waiting for. If you're Christians, expect the Rapture at any moment. If you're atheists, you won't care.

If he is the Messiah, he'd better be careful. Title Fairy doesn't like it when other gods are worshiped before her. LOL

As my first official act as King of the Jews...I want to proclaim that LSU still sucks.

Thanks for the cake! I'll host a party/buy the next cake in Miami in January. Hopefully you'll be there too Jason.

If it's a USC-LSU matchup, I will be there. Hopefully the cards fall the right way and it finally happens. The main reason i want a playoff is so that this matchup has a much better chance of happening.

glad you guys enjoyed the cake, now you can come down here and be king of the jews of bourbon street

King Cake is awesome! Back when I worked in newspapers, I had one shipped to our office during Mardi Gras as a morale booster. Didn't get the baby, though; that honor went to our 80-something-year-old office manager. And now she's dead (but not because she choked on the baby or anything like that).

I also had a piece at Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World during my trip to New Orleans earlier this summer. Again I didn't get the baby, but later that night I washed it down with a few Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's, so I wasn't too worried about it (or anything else after those Hurricanes).

We have 3 or 4 every year. They are sold in most grocery stores in the Houston areas during Mardi Gras. Of course, Gambinos is the King of King Cakes. They have about 25 different kinds, and they are very good.

Many come with the baby taped to the inside of the box now. Damn lawyers.

-RO

We mail-order ourselves three king cakes every Mardi Gras. (My grandma's originally a Nola resident, so we're big Mardi Gras people.) So far we have a collection of at least 50 plastic cake babies... most pink... some gold... and one tye-dye!

Dan "And 5 giant Tupperwares of official Mardi Gras parade merch to go around!" Smith