TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags St. Louis, City Museum and More!

dj snow

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I love the City Museum.

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned that they even have an aquarium on the 2nd floor of the museum and there's a shark tank and they have a small (see-through) tube that you can crawl through to see the sharks under the water one on one.

Their Sting rays are pretty freaky though because they frequently jump out of the water.

Oh, I love St. Louis. I just went back to my hometown (I grew up in St. Peters) just last week, to visit my sister. Couldn't squeeze in Six Flags, but we did go to the Zoo and Missouri Botanical Gardens (Shaw's Garden), both of which are widely regarded as among the finest in the country. We also did some other things in Forest Park, as well as of course the Arch, and the one thing that must be visited on any St. Louis trip, Ted Drewes.

^And yes, FLIPDUDE, the City Museum IS a totally random place. Skilled artists have transformed it from a shoe factory into what it is now. Everything in it is junk that has been recycled and made into everything from stairway bannisters to slides. Click here to visit the City Museum website. It really does have some museum in it, as in the architectural hall which has relics from St. Louis buildings gone past, but most of the place is like a playground for everyone. The Enchanted Caves was the highlight for me. Crawling around exploring wonderful sculpture is just plain fun. They have since added on the shoe slides and more, so I must go to the City Museum again the next time we visit.

^I thought he said tha tthe shoe slides hav ebeen there sinc ebefore the museum was a museum?

OH MY GOD THEY HAVE A MINIATURE RAILWAY TOWN, TOO!!!

That place was BUILT for me!

I enver cosnidered St. Louis a place I praticularly wanna visit, now its defiantely on the map!

^I thought he said tha tthe shoe slides hav ebeen there sinc ebefore the museum was a museum?

OH MY GOD THEY HAVE A MINIATURE RAILWAY TOWN, TOO!!!

That place was BUILT for me!

I enver cosnidered St. Louis a place I praticularly wanna visit, now its defiantely on the map!

Sorry, I should have worded it differently. The shoe slides have always been there, but it's just recently that they reworked that area in the building, and made it so guests could play in there. If you look at dj snow's pictures of the shoe slides, they have added the bars across the top to make sure no one falls out! That would be a nasty plunge!

Nate "was too chicken to climb to the top of MonstroCity" Leyes

ever since we discovered City Museum on a family trip 5 years ago, we haven't been able to last a year without revisiting, and it's four hours away from us! I've been making Six Flags and City Museum a yearly trip for our youth group, and if you search "Platypus Fun City Museum" you can see a video we made a couple years back of it.

The coolest thing about City Museum is that it is ALWAYS CHANGING! Every time you go back there are new caves to explore, bigger and bigger slides, and more stuff to hurt yourself on (my brother-in-law recently broke his arm in the skateless park.)

They are currently working on a junkyard-themed waterpark on the roof that looks crazy. I can't believe they can get insurance for the place, but it is very reasonably priced and very kind to groups.

I'm not much for doing TRs, but here's a Flickr set from my visit to the City Museum this past Saturday.

City Museum Flickr Set

I don't post here much, so hopefully this is Kosher...

BTW, this was my second visit. LOVED it! Thanks to this most excellent TR, it gave me the inspiration to take my visiting nieces. Needless to say, they LOVED it.