TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rides that are fun the first time around, but not the second

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of the Batman clones. Also, Volcano at KD. Its just to dang short. I'll always ride it once every visit but not bother to re-ride. Even if the line is short.

IDK Lots of coasters. I found KK, Superman clones, and Medusa all fun the first like 2 times but after that they get boring.

One coaster I could re-ride over and over (this might sound weird) is Rebel Yell. I love it! I could re-ride this thing for days. It's just good old fun.

I can't take two rides in a row on Rolling Thunder at SFGAdv; it's rough as heck and the line moves insanely slow...but it's kind of fun. However I can take two consecutive rides on the Coney Island Cyclone which is just as, if not even more rough. lol

Yup!! Kingda Ka comes to mind!! I was sooo pumped to ride it, and the first time was great!! A good rush!! But After that I needed some down time!! The second time just made my head hurt, not a quality I enjoy. However, Dragster doesn't do that for me!! I could it over and over!! I love Dragster!!! Alot!!!

I'll go along with those that have already mentioned Superman The Escape. It was really fun and thrilling the first time, I suppose just because I wasn't entirely sure what to expect as far as how it would feel. Now I'll only ride it if it's a very short wait, or if it's a super hot day. (Because then I don't mind hanging out inside the very cool air conditioned queue.)

Volcano at KD. Its just to dang short. I'll always ride it once every visit but not bother to re-ride. Even if the line is short.

One coaster I could re-ride over and over (this might sound weird) is Rebel Yell. I love it! I could re-ride this thing for days. It's just good old fun.

I agree with that. Volcano was awesome the firest time but the second was way too short. I knew it wasn't worth the line last time we went.

Rebel Yell never gets old.

I've been on Kingda Ka 4 times, and it was still good the fourth time. Everytime I've been on a ride 2 times, the second was good. Dare Devil Dive I did go on 1 time only, and it is the only one i think wont be fun 2nd time, like it was the 1st time.

I loved Speed at the Nascar Cafe in Vegas the first time I rode it. The second time, it gave me a huge headache. It's still probably the best of the Vegas coasters, but I don't need to ride it again anytime soon.

Millennium Force. The first couple times were amazing (see username for details), but now it's just underwhelming to me.

I'd have to agree. The ride is great your first couple times. The drop is amazing and the over banked turn is as well. But all what are supposed to be airtime hills, felt like floater, if any. I'd rather ride TTD, Raptor, or even Gemini (Gemini = best ride in the park).

Gwazi at BGA, it's not really worth the pain the first time, but still...It's fun if you get a good seat, but after your first time it's NEVER fun to go back.

Pheonix BGA, it was fun the 2nd time around since I knew how to brace myself and all, but I'm not that big of a fan of being flipped upside down for more then 3 seconds.

Halloween Horror Nights, I went in year 15 it was AWESOME, then I tried 16 and it sucked ass, so that's added to my list.

I've never been on a coaster that I didn't want to ride more than twice.

Sure, maybe kiddy coasters, but that would only be because they are boring. I wouldn't mind sitting on one all day!

I don't understand how coaster enthusiasts can sometimes be so unenthusiastic about coasters.

On second thought, Gwazi is one ride that I would not want to ride more than once. But I never even liked that ride the first time. Extremely painful, and nothing fun about it. The coasters don't even duel. It's a shame to have such a crap wooden coaster in a park with so many amazing steel B&Ms.

I don't understand how coaster enthusiasts can sometimes be so unenthusiastic about coasters.

Because there's other things in life. There are many times throughout the year when I couldn't give a flip about coasters. Also, when many U.S. parks fall into a rut of simply adding a new, uninspired plug-and-play off-the-shelf-type installation, it can easily become redundant and boring.

Thank God for quirky small parks, and Orlando.