TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Surprise crotch buster

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Huss Top Spin will hurt your crotch. As for coasters I'd have to go with Mantis...Those restraints just weren't made for guys I think that I remember the ride ops on El Toro shoving the restraint down really far. Still a great ride though.

My experiance on Crypt the other day...

"Sir, please sit back against the seat.."

CRUNCH!

Yeah...I'm screwed.

I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned the ride I thought of. Steel Venom at Valleyfair! (and most likely all Intamin impulses with a holding brake). I rode Superman Ultimate escape and i had no problem, But when i went on Steel Venom.. I guess it was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.. But It hurt so much, i was walking funny for a few minutes after i got off the ride.

I rode Mantis yesterday. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! It had the perfect amount of forces....Intense but not to the point of pain. It was also butter smooth, quite the surprise after hearing all these bad LIES about it. O and I am a guy. My brother and I both loved it.

Many people forget that it is a "STAND-UP" coaster. It is not a "Sit on a bicycle seat coaster". If one follows the rules there should be no pain involved. As opposed, to a floorless drop tower where you better have a lot of upper body strength or the ability to squirm in the restraint so that you are resting your cheek on the restraint.

Any ride with ops that hate their jobs basically. I rode Mind Eraser one day with a pissed off ride op, and she ruined my chances of having kids
I agree with that.

Same with Two Face. On my first ride some ride op was slamming the harness as hard as he could so we were in tight. The guy facing me said "10 bucks he's never been on this ride"

It's not really a coaster, but I guess this counts...

At SFDK, I went last time on a field trip in 7th grade. So me and my friends decided to go on Hammerhead Shark, which ironically has automatically-lowering restraints. And they go down a set amount, it seems... Which was way too far for even middle schoolers. We were all in pain, and all of a sudden, CLICK! The restraints went down just one more notch on every seat. You could hear the "Aaaauuuugh..." from all the guys in unison throughout the ride.

Mantis never really gave me problems, nor has Shockwave at KD. Vortex at Carowinds though, don't get me started on. I have only had 2 bad experiences on it but those times, Andrew (Pufferfish) can vouch for how loud I screamed on the brakes and base of the first drop, it hurt that freakin bad though it was pretty darn funny . Also once at C3 I had a bad experience on it during the corkscrew.

Many people forget that it is a "STAND-UP" coaster. It is not a "Sit on a bicycle seat coaster". If one follows the rules there should be no pain involved. As opposed, to a floorless drop tower where you better have a lot of upper body strength or the ability to squirm in the restraint so that you are resting your cheek on the restraint.

Larry, I couldn't agree more. That's exactly my opinion for the stand ups, as well at Acro. My ride was pure BLISS!

-J "Best drop tower tied with Giant Drop" Z

Suprisingly, some of you are going to be like WTF at my answer, but Mummy at USF, on that little MCBR with the fake station thing, it stopped so fast I flew forward hit the bar, and my body was still going forward so I sorta lift up out of my seat and my balls scrapped against the seat with speed, it sounds wierd I know but hey, it happened, but man did I sit down for a little while after that ride (its only happened to me once btw.)

Perhaps it's due to my size/stature: Any TOGO Standup Death Machine's done it for me- I end up like a deranged sounding Mickey Mouse when (they) hit the brakes at the end of the ride-

(In Mickey Mouse-esque voice) MOTHERF#$&^%^& BRAKES. WHAT THE F*&! AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE KIDS.