TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Surprise crotch buster

I searched and couldn't find anything on the topic. My inspiration came from a certain member asking about Mantis and if it will hurt downstairs. Now, I know with a number of rides, the seat can really nail you. What's the worst or most surprising one?

For me, I'd say Pony Express at Knott's. It's not a very big kick, and the pain doesn't last, but that brake run is hard enough that all the guys on the coasters unanimously moan It happened to my train and the train after. Didn't stick around, so not sure if the pattern continued.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I thought this was a spam post at first.

To my surprise, TTD sort of hits me in the jewels. Immediately following the launch, when the catch car releases, the train shakes a little. I always feel the force in the seat right between my legs.

Maybe I should wear a jock strap to ride TTD.

When I rode Acro, it just felt like the restraint was holding me in by the hips. I didn't notice the crotch smashing that so many people like to complain about. I think they switched out the seats for a more comfortable style since the ride was built, though.

I think Huss restraints are some of the worst. Tomb Raider: The Ride at King's Island had the worst ball-crushing restraints, and I think their giant frisbee rides use the same ones. It's just not as painful on a frisbee, since you aren't being held completely upside down.

Second worst were the Mystery Mine restraints. It wasn't extremely painful, but it does pretty much hold you in your seat by your crotch. The restraints also tighten throughout the ride, making it really annoying when they stack strains and you have to wait a while to be let off.

I'd have to say that Mantis still takes the cake. Mantis is a certified POS. I can honestly say that is the worst B&M I've ridden.

Must agree, Mantis is the worst B&M ever.

Have you guys not ever been on Iron Wolf at SFGAm? That thing makes Mantis seem baby's butt-smooth! THAT is the worst B&M I've ever experienced, by far. Mantis at least has some cool forces, Iron Wolf just has crotch-busting, head-banging pain.

I got crotched one time by a T-shaped lap bar restraint, but I have absolutely no recollection of what coaster it was on. Those things can be killers though!

Not a coaster, but both Jet Scream and Shockwave at Canada's Wonderland are ball busters. Shockwave only on the exit from the ride - as the weight removed from the seats launches the car up into the "last man standing"'s crotchal region.

I got crotched one time by a T-shaped lap bar restraint, but I have absolutely no recollection of what coaster it was on. Those things can be killers though!.

Superman Ride of Steel (SFNE) can be quite uncomfortable on your crotch, particularly when the ride-ops put their entire weight on the restraint (which they all did on every single ride during my visit).

I got crotched one time by a T-shaped lap bar restraint, but I have absolutely no recollection of what coaster it was on. Those things can be killers though!.

Superman Ride of Steel (SFNE) can be quite uncomfortable on your crotch, particularly when the ride-ops put their entire weight on the restraint (which they all did on every single ride during my visit).

I actually might be thinking of Ride of Steel at Darien Lake! It was my first intamin hyper, and I had no idea that they stomped down on the restraints, so I was caught completely off-guard.

Thanks for jogging my [repressed] memories!

Have you guys not ever been on Iron Wolf at SFGAm? That thing makes Mantis seem baby's butt-smooth! THAT is the worst B&M I've ever experienced, by far. Mantis at least has some cool forces, Iron Wolf just has crotch-busting, head-banging pain.

I was going to say, how could Iron Wolf not be mentioned within the first page!

Last year that POS cracked me in the temple before even the first drop. I spend the rest of the ride dazed.

Not a coaster, but both Jet Scream and Shockwave at Canada's Wonderland are ball busters. Shockwave only on the exit from the ride - as the weight removed from the seats launches the car up into the "last man standing"'s crotchal region.

At Behemoth Bash, the rideop was standing on the cars while letting riders out, thus preventing that. Too bad though, as I always enjoy watching people get caught off guard. I've seen some guys get nailed real hard on that ride.

The S&S drop tower seats can be painful. I slipped on the wet pavement getting off of Liberty Launch and fell straight forward ...

The now gone Scooby Ghoster Coaster at KI was always hard on the "area" for me.

-James Dillaman

Haha yeah, that's the worst right there.

I've never had any problems with stand ups. Manits, Vortex, Scorcher, Cobra...all have been fine with me! Even Acro wasn't that bad. I was really expecting much worse.

It's not really the ride, but the seatbelts at KI like to bounce when you unclip them. I got tapped after riding Vortex yesterday!

Goliath at SFOg throws you into the restraints if you're in the back at the end...but no busting there. Just kind of like...oof.