TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Origins of "Elissa Bingo"

Manny In England

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2005, Robb, Elissa, Dan, Joey, Mary and I drove around for three weeks in a van in Europe. During this trip, we all noticed that Elissa says and does the same things all the time. We deciced that there should be a game called Elissa Bingo to amuse us, and to further torture her.

The next year for the UK trip I decided to do this to perhaps amuse people on the bus during the trip. And bought prizes at the Dollar Store, because the Dollar Store always has awesome merchandise. And thus Elissa Bingo was born!

This year the game was changed to Elissa Photo Bingo, requiring participants to take photos of stuff (usually Elissa, as she loves the attention). There was also an Elissa Bingo Instructional Video, hosted by me and Falafal (aka my partner in crime). People seemed to be generally amused by the video (which had all the effort and productions values of a really bad public access cable TV program), and I can tell you that next year's Instructional Video is already being planned. I can only say at this point that it will feature puppets. And commercials.

On most trips, almost no one plays because my nonsense generally annoys everyone. But for some reason on the recent US trips, people seemed to be really into the game, which has restored my faith in humanity. Or perhaps everyone was just really interested in getting some unidentifiable Dollar Store stuffed animal. Whatever the reason, Elissa Bingo will live on to amuse and torment everyone on TPR trips in the future...

dt

"...puppers and commercials..."

Perhaps I should reconsider about that "not going on the west coast trip"...

On a side note, I won a stuffed Dino, a backwards clock and a Rye StabLand shirt at the elissa photo bingo. I also had a blast playing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...