TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Dave & Falafel Go To Hersheypark

OK, I decided that instead of starting a new thread, I'd just add on to this one. I went back to Hersheypark the day the TPR East Coast trip went to the park, and had an awesome time. Morning ERT was on Fahrenheit and Storm Runner, where I got plenty of rides (3 and 5, respectively). The rest of the day was spent wandering the park and riding random stuff. We did take a trip out to Chocolate World in the afternoon to do the tour and to take advantage of "Make Your Own Cupcake" time.

In the evening we enjoyed a catered meal at one of the park picnic areas, and then played THE GREATEST GAME OF TPR TRIVIA EVER. Seriously, this was the most fun game ever, and even my participation wasn't too annoying (I'll try harder next time!). I left before evening ERT as I knew if I stayed I'd be driving off the road on the way home, but everyone I talked to later said their ERT on Lightning Racer and Wildcat was legendary fun.

So thanks again to Robb, Elissa and all the trip participants for letting me hang out for the day. Not a lot of photos here, but some amusing ones. Enjoy!

dt

1299312137_DSCN0581640x480.JPG.289174d87716f30053ad9baea11d4b73.JPG

And we end this update with a photo of Falafel. Who wasn't there, but hey, every PTR could use more Falafel! That's it for this update. Thanks for playing! Please drive thru...

1212435294_DSCN0781640x480.JPG.8a15b564b5dab0753e23b3538dbde3b2.JPG

Perhaps he has a waiter job in some sort of very odd restaurant in his future.

1316784617_DSCN0780640x480.JPG.678e3b4ae774e0a852971f7d33826579.JPG

So Robb saw these items sitting around, and the next thing you know, they were on his head.

141162491_DSCN0779640x480.JPG.6343cf279a5414604ccf8d8473be0e57.JPG

Elissa enjoys her "Make Your Own Cupcake". Which you really didn't make, but instead told someone at the bakery how you wanted it. Which is even better. Any time you can order someone around, it only increases your enjoyment of life. Not that anyone listens to me, of course. You stopped paying attention to this caption many words ago. I can now say stuff like "giant carnivorous bees are in your pants!" and you'll have no idea I said it. Oh well...

1297900796_DSCN0776640x480.JPG.f34a9cae23edbfe05350614e291150da.JPG

Hanno and Derek (who also hung out this day) prepare to duel on Lightning Racer. I really wish I could have stayed for ERT that night...

1154085925_DSCN0775640x480.JPG.ec771a42ddf4df87e1a00515525e6848.JPG

Subway rules! And it had a giant line, but we had our food in under ten minutes. That's the way to do it, Hershey!

1235158070_DSCN0774640x480.JPG.d0bcd7015093a7a12a4b63705b26212b.JPG

I felt bad for them.

1348985025_DSCN0773640x480.JPG.947f0fa5360b75099d3d6654b037f92f.JPG

Many people had to get their Sidewinder credit.

1690487188_DSCN0769640x480.JPG.aabf24133780a192e37f7c64614833f6.JPG

Giant scary plant. Which would be even better if it attacked people. Why can't I own a park?!?

1979461460_DSCN0772640x480.JPG.4baed0ff6b6dc7fad977a45ed1b94431.JPG

Some of the trip people who have just enjoyed another ERT ride.

1225227268_DSCN0771640x480.JPG.6e42893d05813f074eb89908a6742217.JPG

It is all sorts of twisty goodness, though.

1458089860_DSCN0770640x480.JPG.5258cff0defc1ee8b943768ec3d4de71.JPG

I like the ride, but thought Storm Runner was delivering the better rides that morning.

644528513_DSCN0767640x480.JPG.9b1d844d000b09fdc84d6833c934b39a.JPG

The day started with Fahrenheit ERT. That's a good way to start the day!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your hatred for the Jonas Bros. What a bunch of untalented overhyped goofballs. I could totally see how they could wreck an ordinary day at any theme park. Good thing Falafel was there to keep you some what sane.

Oh! Awesome TR. I like HP very much. I was there last year. I realy had a great time.

3 rides on Fahrenheit must've been awesome. Nice TR. I prefer Storm Runner because honestly, everything is just so unexpected and the launch is just so intense every time. I think what would be awesome for Hersheypark would be a mega-lite. It's not terribly intimidating and looks like it would be tons of fun. I mean, something like MF rising way above everything in the middle of the park doesn't really work imo.

On the topic of the Jonas Brother, what really ticks me off is how they pass off their music as "rock." If anyone saw the new Target commercial, poor, poor, poor Beatles must be turning in their graves right now.

You two are hilarious! A couple of things...

Crocs, while certainly not the most fashionable shoes, are great to wear to a park because (a) they're darn comfortable, (b) you can flip the little straps around to the back so they don't fall off on rides, and © the little holes in the top let them dry out quickly after water rides.

Someone needs to tell the Jonas Brothers that their pants are too tight, and they need to stop trying to bring the 80s look back.

Okay, I just read the report, and one thing really stuck out: the food. The same place you got those chicken strips from sold me a bacon cheeseburger, which was actually really good...going down. Within five minutes, my body decided that it didn't like it as much as I did and, well, yeah. I feel as though I should've gotten a refund on my food.

Back on topic, give yourself some credit! The pictures weren't nearly as bad as they could've been (and the way you managed to build 'em up, they could've been bad!) and I'm not sure it's possible to take a bad picture of Fahrenheit.

One more thing - when did you go? If it was last Wednesday, that's when we were there, and we were in shock at how long the lines were for a weekday.

^ it's hersey!! the one place on earth you should expect some good, non-good-for-your-health, foot.

Well since I never been to America I always thought Hersey's is one park you could never miss coming too america, but this report changed my mind somehow. Although the bars-only coaster is really interesting.. they seem to die all over the world never knew why?

Went on the Canyon River Rapids(which is closed due to The Boardwalk expansion).

Eeeeek! They closed it already? I was hoping to catch one last run on that during Labor Day weekend. I just hope to God that they are not having some Hannah Montana craptacular show that weekend. I would not be able to handle screaming teens all day. Oh, wait a minute...most theme parks have screaming teens at them no matter if there is a concert, or not!

Speaking of concerts, I had the pleasure of attending CW during Latinfest this past weekend which was conveniently located right on the other side of the Behemoth line. Some of the music didn't sound too bad while we waited the hour and a half in line. Then some group came on stage with some crazy bass that shook the ground while we stood in the queue line!

Oh...and line-jumping was the worst I have ever seen at a park. Luckily, my partner ratted out some teen punks that jumped the Behemoth line who were calling their buddies on their cells to come jump in line. We had at least seven people jump the line right in front of us! My partner told the woman at the front gate (yes, we were in extended roped areas well past Sledgehammer) and she kicked them all out of line! YAY for the line woman!!!!

^ it's hersey!! the one place on earth you should expect some good, non-good-for-your-health, foot.

Good food that likely isn't good for my health, yes. But not food that forces me to vomit less than five minutes afterwards! That's not good food. It made my friend near-sick too. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

...so, is "Bare Wires" the name of a band you listen to?

No, I will not rest until I figure this out! It haunts me!!!

Bare Wires was a local Baltimore band that some people I know were a part of. They broke up a long time ago. That shirt is like the most comfortable shirt ever, which is why I was wearing it. I have no Bare Wires songs on my Ipod, so keep guessing!

There's actually a really easy way to find out some of the bands I listen to on this forum. I'm amazed this still haunts you, though I guess it involved looking at me, which usually requires intensive therapy for most people, so...

Freak Kitchen. I WIN.

Good food that likely isn't good for my health, yes. But not food that forces me to vomit less than five minutes afterwards! That's not good food. It made my friend near-sick too. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

Sounds like the fried-chicken joint at Kings Dominion.

I asked the eye surgeon how soon after my eye surgery I would be able to return to riding coasters, and after pondering the question for a bit (he admitted that no one had ever asked this before), he told me ten days afterwards I would be fine

Just a little random story for you, Dave (just so you don't think you are alone in your quest to ride after eye surgery). As you might remember, I work at the Cincinnati Eye Institute. Several years ago, when I was working on our switchboard, I got a call from a lady who said she was sorry if this seemed silly, but that she had recently had retina surgery with one of our doctors and was, at that moment, standing in line for ToT at WDW!! It suddenly occurred to her that perhaps she should not ride. Well, I would have personally hunted her surgeon down had it been necessary, because anyone that was cool enough to be calling me from WDW to make sure they could go on a ride was going to get extra special patient care service.

I did reach her docs staff, they said "Go for it" and I asked her to, as payment for my kindness, give the Mouse a hug for me when she saw him!

Shari

...so, is "Bare Wires" the name of a band you listen to?

No, I will not rest until I figure this out! It haunts me!!!

Bare Wires was a local Baltimore band that some people I know were a part of. They broke up a long time ago. That shirt is like the most comfortable shirt ever, which is why I was wearing it. I have no Bare Wires songs on my Ipod, so keep guessing!

There's actually a really easy way to find out some of the bands I listen to on this forum. I'm amazed this still haunts you, though I guess it involved looking at me, which usually requires intensive therapy for most people, so...

Freak Kitchen. I WIN.

Indeed you do! If you PM me your address, I will send you a prize.

dt

I know Dave likes the group Dream Theater because I saw him wearing one of their shirts in tr a long time ago. And he went to the 20th anniversary of Dream Theater show at Radio City Hall in New York back in in April 2006 because we discussed it on a forum topic before because I told him my husband listens to Dream Theater and he and I also went to that show. So anybody who likes Dream Theater is cool in my book! And I enjoy reading your trip reports, they are very smart, well written and entertaining.

You just rendered all of Jer's hard work useless... congratulations.

My hard work mostly consisted of randomly posting in Dave's threads, asking for band names, and very little else. I swear, one of these weeks I was going to maybe consider doing some research [ie: PM'ing someone who won a Dave Death CD]... buuuut you know. It took a monumental amount of effort for me to even sign in and make this post.

Indeed you do! If you PM me your address, I will send you a prize.

Hopefully a CD

Great trip report!

I'll actually be heading back out to Hersheypark at some point in September, so I'm pretty excited. Hershey is one of the nicer parks out there, in terms of atmosphere and cleanliness. Not to mention, they have a good selection of flat rides ... unlike some other parks in my area ::cough cough Great Adventure cough cough::

Personally, I loved Fahrenheit. It's just a fun coaster. The line was insane the last time I was there (as is expected, since it's a new coaster). Other than the complete lack of shade, the sprinklers annoyed me. They were just poorly placed, especially the sprinklers located in the back area of the queue, under the actual coaster itself. The sprinklers would spray water up into the nets located under the coaster track, the nets would catch most of the water and rain it back down onto the queue.

Hersheypark's coasters aren't necessarily the most intense in the world, but they are a lot of fun. One of my favorite sounds would have to be hearing SDL go through the loop - it kinda has that Schwartzkopf roar to it. I remember when SDL used to be a lot better, before they trimmed it to death after the loop. The only drawback to the Schwartzkopf coasters is that I barely fit in them.

I didn't get to ride the Comet the last time I was there (it was stuck on the lift), but I'm glad to hear that it feels like it's not trimmed.

The Jonas Brothers concert was unfortunate. I can only imagine what the lines must have been like, surrounded by teenyboppers.

Dave and Falafel!

Awesome trip report. That was a great day at Hershey and not to mention the Lightning Racer time.

I definitely had the same thoughts regarding the waterpark/ boardwalk area. Although, coming across water canons 1 and 2 made for an amazing experience. I could have done that all afternoon, it was therapeutic to an extent....

I have to say also that the Elissa Bingo instructional/ educational video was a blast as was TPR Trivia.

Cheers,

Jay