TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 - 2009 School Year

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year is gunna pwn! Last two years flew by as if they never happened, so this year will be just as fast!

Plus, since I seriously hate my school, and the administrator (he seriously is full of bull) I'm gunna try to get expelled if I don't pass my GED (why would I have doubts I have no idea).

I went back on Friday, August 8th as a Freshmen!

I'm taking:

-Phys. Ed/Health

-Computer Applications/Programming

-English I

-Honors Integrated Science

-Algebra II

-American History

-Chorus

Loving highschool so far!

Here, the school calendar runs February-December...

I do the following subjects:

- English

- Maths B

- Religion

- Drama

- Physical Education

- Ancient History

- French

No Sciences, so that keeps me sane. My French is just above average & being a ballerina, any time I don't know the answer on an exam I just write down a term like battement tendu, chassé, fondu (nothing to do with cheese!) or something haha!

In terms of extra-curricular/school sports, I do cross country/athletics, basketball and soccer, which means I spend most of my time in ballet shoes, spikes or boots! TV sucks too much anyway.

I'm taking a semester or two off from the university to go to community college. That way I pay less and can get my math out of the way...since I've failed Calc III. This semester is to make up for bad grades in the past.

So now I have:

Calculus II (Which is Calc II and III at the university)

US History I (Retake, did poorly due to overloading myself)

Vector Statics (Retake)

Economics - Micro

^ Maths is awful and always gives me headaches... but meditating and yoga are two of my hobbies. So to my family's amusement, if I've done homework for that or other horrible subject, they often walk in and I'll be in some ridiculous position bordering on contortion or trying to destress in the lotus position contemplating my naval, LOL. Maybe you should try that, CTU Agent.

Plus, since I seriously hate my school, and the administrator (he seriously is full of bull) I'm gunna try to get expelled if I don't pass my GED (why would I have doubts I have no idea).

Don't know if that's the best way to solve the problem...

---Brent

It is if your parents won't let you go to any other school. Gettin expelled is the only way to force them to let me go to another school.

^Why don't you just ditch?? Or do independant study? Do you really want to have to go to one of those bad kid schools? I have a feeling you'll hate that school more than your current school...

...Or you could always just suck it up and have fun in High School while you still have it

Because people make it so far with GEDs.

Seriously dude, I know you're 16 and each day feels like eternity, but it's what, two years? As Tyler said, suck it up and deal with it. You'll thank yourself years down the road.

Went back on Tuesday and I've already had 4 tests and I have a test and an in-class essay tomorrow. 11th grade:

1st (1st semester)- American Classics 11H (english)

1st (2nd semester)- HumanitiesH

2nd- Spanish 4AP

3rd- Symphonic Band

4th- Analysis H (pre-calc/CalcA)

5th- AP U.S. History

6th- Physics A

7th- Prep/free