TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who will break 500 feet?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Well, the Florida one will mean Six Flags will lose their record so maybe then they will build one even taller

SFMM doesn't have anything like an intamin accelerator coaster (although they already have two launched rides) so who knows?? (probably that would make superman redundant)

I'm not sure if the structure would hold itself if superman's track was removed and isn't the ride pretty popular? And I would also like to see the next tallest coaster have something more than a top hat and the optional big hill. Imagine a 500 ft tall intamin accelerator which would, after the top hat, be something like Skyrush, filled with insane ejector air!!

I'm not sure if the structure would hold itself if superman's track was removed and isn't the ride pretty popular? And I would also like to see the next tallest coaster have something more than a top hat and the optional big hill. Imagine a 500 ft tall intamin accelerator which would, after the top hat, be something like Skyrush, filled with insane ejector air!!

SFMM=no airtime

Something like SkyRush would destroy SFMM's tradition although YOLOcoaster kind of already did.

^So maybe, as they love inversions, we could see a 400 ft tall loop after the top hat and have a ride with like 20 inversions! (when I say 20, I don't mean a couple of different inversions and them 15 heartline rolls like they did with colossus )

They will lose the record for tallest loop next year anyway.

^So maybe, as they love inversions, we could see a 400 ft tall loop after the top hat and have a ride with like 20 inversions! (when I say 20, I don't mean a couple of different inversions and them 15 heartline rolls like they did with colossus )

They will lose the record for tallest loop next year anyway.

Lewa Happy world is a huge disappointment. Their Intamin Mega coaster plan was cancelled and 9 coasters decreased to three coasters. Plus almost all their flat rides are Chinese knock-off. I don't even want to bump up the thread because that makes me a huge idiot to be so excited about a new Chinese park (Except for Ocean Kingdom which deserves it).

Anyway, I think YOLOcoaster's record will be there longer.

Do you think Cedar Point could install a polar coaster? The park is short in space, and they could easily take back their record by holding the tallest in the world. It would be a pretty good fit for the park. And it would allow an observation tower to be there as well, which would be good since we saw Space Spiral removed!

^ I think they can remove S:EFK's track, leave the tower for Lex Luthor and install two more Falcon's Fury like drop tower rides at the front and the back. The spare land of S:EFK could fit a huge 500ft+ Intamin accelerator.

I seriously doubt this would ever happen. Plus, this accelerator coaster would likely cost over $30 million, way too much for the penny-pinching SFMM.

Do you think Cedar Point could install a polar coaster? The park is short in space, and they could easily take back their record by holding the tallest in the world. It would be a pretty good fit for the park. And it would allow an observation tower to be there as well, which would be good since we saw Space Spiral removed!

Maybe they could put a polar coaster in the Challenge Park area near Hotel Breakers? It could be a resort nightlife destination with restaurants and a nightclub or two, to go along with the observation tower and roller coaster.

Maybe they could put a polar coaster in the Challenge Park area near Hotel Breakers? It could be a resort nightlife destination with restaurants and a nightclub or two, to go along with the observation tower and roller coaster.

That could work as long as they didn't make the polar coaster cost extra. And the coaster would have to be a part of Cedar Point, so in order to do that they'd first have to combine challenge park into Cedar Point.

I think this thread should be re-named : "Who will break 500 foot drop?"

Maybe one of these polar coasters could add a fish hook as a second stage of the development.

I don't see any park forking out for a full circuit 500 plus foot drop in the current climateurprised. I think there's only one coaster in my top ten over 200 feet (and not by much), so I'm not too worried about it.

seems like the cable lift is more cost effective and more reliable.

Probably... but then they're committed to a "traditional" coaster which because of it's height would probably end up around 6000 or 7000 feet long and that would be really expensive. I305 is around 5000 feet and Millennium Force is 6,595 feet. Since this coaster would be even taller you would end up with a lot of track and a really hefty price tag.

It's not at all out of the realm of possibility but that was my thinking behind it.

I don't see any park forking out for a full circuit 500 plus foot drop in the current climateurprised. I think there's only one coaster in my top ten over 200 feet (and not by much), so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm inclined to agree. Hell, there aren't even that many coasters with 300+ foot drops because even that much is prohibitively expensive.

^When you first said S&S, thought you were going to say a compressed air launch coaster!

I remember that, during 2012 IAAPA, they said "Let's just say there will be no problem with us hitting a speed record at some future point" so maybe if they do it we could see a height record too.

Look at 7:32