TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

National Roller Coaster Day - 8/16

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't on a Saturday, I'de probably go to SFGADV, but since it is, screw that... not worth dealing with the crowds (waiting for september)

Ill probably get a donut to celebrate from dunkin' donuts then contemplate why i don't have any friends that ride roller coasters and how blah it is lately to ride alone.

Going to Playland with a free ticket

Um, this is opening day of the PNE, so the "free ticket" is really for Playland?

Where did you get it? Through school? I used to get free admission and ride tickets for the fair, before school ended... "way back when" lol.

Just wondering.

I'm planning NOT to go to Playland this day, but will keep National Coaster Day (a U.S. 'day' right?) in my heart, heh heh.

And maybe play my soundtrack CD of Euro Mir from Europa Park.

Drinking.

Heavily.

Me too, while I am at Canada's Wonderland...Yay for Canadian biere!!! I bought my 30 pack of Labatts Blue before this camping trip, because it is $15.99 a 30 pack! Guess I might need it for riding anything that is not named Behemoth! Maybe I better resort to some JD in a Pepsi bottle before a ride on Time Warp or Flight Deck (Metal Health-Bang your Head)!

camping in line to get a ticket for the local radio stations "PARTY BUS" including alcohol and fun games for prizes to the stone temple pilots concert on sept 1. Yes I know, no roller coasters, but I will toast them during the wicked garden song.

Dude, I'm almost jealous! Sucks that they are not coming to Buffalo, but I am thinking of trying to get tickets to the Musikfest show in Allentown.

STP=best hard rock bad ever!!!!!

I will be attending COASTER MAYHEM at WORLDS OF FUN this Saturday to celebrate not only the special coaster day, but also the end of the Big Mike Road Show 2008 6-state 14-park Heart of America Tour!!!

Not only that, but also having a huge celebration for Big Mike riding his 700th coaster the day before at either Arnolds Park or Adventureland in Iowa!!

If anyone wants to celebrate this coaster holiday with The Big Mike Road Show 2008 at Coaster Mayhem, I can get you in as my guests for a cheaper price than a normal ticket(?) which includes morning ERT, evening ERT, buffet lunch, photo walkback, and prizes!

Well that's how I am spending it, tell me if you want to also!

Peace, Big Mike

Yay for Canadian biere!!! I bought my 30 pack of Labatts Blue before this camping trip, because it is $15.99 a 30 pack!

Should have paid more for the stuff that doesn't taste like recycled piss.

I'm going to a wedding Saturday where I will probably drink until I don't feel feelings anymore.

Oh, this is happening on my birthday. Not going to any parks, though. Last year, I went to Cedar Point on my birthday (a Thursday), and there were lines upwards of an hour for most of the major coasters. I can't imagine what a Saturday would be like.

However, I am going to Kings Island tomorrow. Not the most fitting park for the occasion, but I haven't been there yet, and I might as well go there some time, although it turns out that next year would have been highly preferable.

Oh, this is happening on my birthday. Not going to any parks, though. Last year, I went to Cedar Point on my birthday (a Thursday), and there were lines upwards of an hour for most of the major coasters. I can't imagine what a Saturday would be like.

The 16th is my birthday too so I'll be celebrating my birth and roller coasters. The only reason that I found this 'holiday' is because I was researching what events coincided with my birthday. When my parents ask me why I'm so weird and like coasters so much, I tell them it's not my fault. I was born on National Roller Coaster Day.

Well Known and Universally Celebrated eh?

Never heard of it, never celebrated it before, but I'll probably cut the grass for it this year. Maybe I'll even run up and down the hill.

I was joking. I doubt anyone has heard of it. But, Hallmark's definitely missing out on an opportunity though.

Maybe I could listen to the Ohio Players and follow Natalie's lead regarding the emotional rollercoaster. (And I don't mean Behemoth.)

If it's an American "National" holiday, are Canadians allowed to celebrate?

Either way, I'm not tempting my fate at Wonderland on a Saturday.

1. I have dual citizenship... I get to celebrate two Thanksgivings, why not a same-day holiday?

2. I envision a two-hour wait for snagging a raft in the waterpark...

Going to Playland with a free ticket

Um, this is opening day of the PNE, so the "free ticket" is really for Playland?

Where did you get it? Through school? I used to get free admission and ride tickets for the fair, before school ended... "way back when" lol.

Just wondering.

Yup, we get free entrance tickets through school. They come with your report card thingy every year until you move onto highschool and every kid in Vancouver gets one I believe.