TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

North America’s First Great Wheel!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this sucks. I'll be living right next to this thing. Look forward to the world's most boring construction updates in 2009.

Man, i want some in-depht PTR's of the construction.

People will visit it, but more people would visit it in a place like NYC or Hollywood or the Grand Canyon (ha). I just don't see what's so interesting to look at around Orlando. Maybe we can all have a picnic on it or something.

WOW! I'm so excited to check this thing out! You'll get some amazing views of the convention centre and surrounding hotels from up there! Not to mention all the tacky tourists shops along I-Drive!

This will by far be the best addition in Orlando for 2010! Way better than Harry Potter Land (copyright), Rockit, or Manta!

/sarcasm

Blah. I think this may be the most hideous thing along I-4... except for maybe the Altamonte Eyesore.

The Altamonte Eyesore:

There is nothing inside the building. The rest of the glass for the building was donated to them by some condo developers across the lake so it wouldn't look so hideous.

It's actually going to be headquarters for "The Super Channel" and is only getting funding through donations... been under construction for years.

But yeah.. back on topic. Why would anyone pay any amount of money to ride this? Orlando is not scenic at all... we're just a big swamp that Disney decided to build upon.

Blah. I think this may be the most hideous thing along I-4... except for maybe the Altamonte Eyesore.

The Altamonte Eyesore:

There is nothing inside the building. The rest of the glass for the building was donated to them by some condo developers across the lake so it wouldn't look so hideous.

It's actually going to be headquarters for "The Super Channel" and is only getting funding through donations... been under construction for years.

But yeah.. back on topic. Why would anyone pay any amount of money to ride this? Orlando is not scenic at all... we're just a big swamp that Disney decided to build upon.

that thing will never be finished...its been there for such a long time

Or go to the Clearmont (sp?) Tower. Is that even still around?

Yeah the Citrus Towers stil around. I live like 5 miles from it. Its become a dump though, theres no A/C its like 5 bucks a kid to go. Its just really hot and smells really bad, I haven't been on it since its 100 year anniversary so I don't know if they updated it or anything.

Also it's Clermont.

As for this wheel thats like the worst spot you could put it at. If anything I would've put it at Clearwater Beach, that would be gorgeous.

I mean could you imagine it here?

61374447_soulis_sunset_on_clearwater_beach.jpg.346f56491d669a58db2d1664c3c1d409.jpg

It'd be more interesting if it was near the airport. It'd atleast add an element of danger to it!

If I want a good view of Orlando from the sky I'll go ride the Star Flyer or Sky Coaster thanks! That way I can atleast fill my pants while enjoying the sights that aren't there anyways.