TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World to announces 2009 Addition on 8/26

This hint makes me think.....coaster.

"Oh, so THAT'S how it works!"

There's nothing like a ride simulation to help you finally figure out what it is you're promoting.

"Ohhhhhhhh...!" It gave me such a lift to finally "get it."

I mean the ride type has been around a long time. There's just a new way of getting from here to there that I finally understand.

Matt turned to me and all but dared me: Are you gonna ride it?

"Yes. Of course. With you. In the back."

Will laughed. He loves it when we sass each other.

And not to worry. A week from Tuesday you, too, will be able to watch the animation and do you own version of, "ohhhhhhhhh...!"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At first, I was also thinking elevator lift.

But... for some reason, I am thinking something more along the lines of a proslide rocket slide or master blaster. It does have in line seating so that someone can be "in the back." And it might be a little confusing if you have never seen one so that the video would help explain it.

Even though there's the 'tallest in the world' hint I can't see Holiday World building something really extreme. Okay, so The Voyage is about the most extreme woodie around, but I doubt it'll be an intense launch coaster or even a dive machine. I'd say it's more likely they'll do some type of family ride. I like the AquaTrax idea, but the it's probably a better marketing line to boast the "world's tallest water coaster".

I'm saying Mack Water Coaster.

I thought it was already pretty obvious that Gravity Group is doing this project?

From the blog post on 8/13:

"So if you see a 'yellow shirt' out in the park this weekend and call out, "Excuse me--" just meaning to ask the location of the closest Pepsi Oasis, please don't be offended if the response is, 'I can't tell you! I simply can't tell anyone!'"

THEN, the blog post on 8/14 was titled "Designer Hint" and featured pictures of Korey, a designer for Gravity Group, wearing a yellow Voyage shirt?

I'm calling a launched woodie.

I guess it could be a ride like Journey to Atlantis, the one in California with the elevator lift. I would love to see an Intamin Mega Splash, though. It will be funny when they announce that it really IS an Aquatrax ... (with a loop)

And the hints just keep on comin'! I love it! Paula and her crew sure do know how to have fun with this. Kudos to them for intriguing us as to what's next. On today's Holiblog:

Too bad the name is already taken

...or I think we'd need to consider the name "Vertigo" for our new ride.

Note to self: Stop watching the ride simulation.

I'm just enjoying watching this all play out and seeing everyone's guesses. I haven't come to an official guess yet, but I'm tossing a couple ideas around in my head. Although, each time I seem to have an idea what it is, I get thrown off by a clue that makes me think of something else! A week to go and we will all find out......

Am I the only one who thinks that "a launched woodie" is a rather ridiculous concept?

No offense to those who suggested it, I'm only saying that wooden coasters need to be just that - wooden coasters! The gimmick route was tried on a wooden coaster once before (SoB with it's big loop), and we all know what a disaster that ride turned out to be. Not to mention, the gimmick was eventually ripped out anyway.

I'm not ruling out a coaster anymore based on the clues, but I have to give a big "No Way" to the launched woodie idea. I've thought about something like Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain (which GG designed when they were CCI, and it contains an elevator lift), but I can't imagine something like that costing too much. I think now I'm starting to lean towards a water coaster or very large shoot-the-chutes.

^^ Yeah, I was thinking it will be a Gravity Group woodie with an elevator lift, but much larger than LoCoSuMo, as in the 100-200 foot range. Although when I try to picture it, the elevator lift seems to completely ruin the look of the coaster for some reason IMO, i just think wooden coasters look better with traditional lifts.

I'm still thinking a Giant Flume with an elevator lift and a near-vertical drop...

That OR...could it be a 4th Gen Intamin Freefall using magnets to get up and down...?

DANG IT I'M CONFUSED!

EDIT: Ugh, nope. The "back-seat" clue wouldn't work with the drop tower...

I like the Euro Fighter idea, tallish, vertical...

But as I read more I have a feeling it might be Vekoma, cause the boomerang model has bin here for awhile now, some people actually don't get how it works, I know cause of working on Sidewinder people ask, and from yesterdays post, "Ohhhhhhhh...!" It gave me such a lift to finally "get it." Then with, "Yes. Of course. With you. In the back.", makes me think of backwards.

But I love to see a Euro Fighter or even a Intamin.