TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World to announces 2009 Addition on 8/26

^
"Werne said besides a major new attraction, the park also plans to add 'a service' in 2009 which will be innovative, free and use technology."

I think it will be a fastpass or q-bot type system

A free Q-bot system? What point would that serve...?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holiday World was testing Twitter a while back. Maybe it'll stay on or something similar with que on cell phones will be the free service.

If the new ride is a drop tower, please, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT DOES NOT SUCK.....

RTFM

(For the record: Good sense runs deep with our friends at Holiday World.)

^Bragging rights..."We're doing for free what Six Flags charges an arm and a leg for!"

I don't think you understand what I meant...

If it was free, then everyone would get a Q-bot. If everyone got a Q-bot, you wouldn't be cutting anyone in line, because you'd have to wait for all the other users to ride anyway.

Therefore, it would be completely pointless...

Not that this will come to pass, but . . .

I've always thought that amusement park patrons would benefit from a service such as the "You Are Here" park maps located on display throughout the park- which also display approx ride times for major rides. All they would really need to do is to have a sensor at the ride queue entrance, to count those coming into the line, and for an operator to actually punch in the dispatched capacity of either the coaster trains or the number of riders onboard at every ride cycle.

It's not gonna change the number of people who ultimately ride the ride, but it would help to spread people out over the rides if you knew ahead of time where the backups were and which rides were relatively empty at any given time.

My .02

I think it will be a fastpass or q-bot type system

Good god, no. I'd prefer they added over the shoulder restraints to The Voyage. It would ruin my day less. Virtual queues are the devil, and Holiday World adding one would shake my confidence in the basic goodness of the universe.

Besides, that would hardly be "innovative."

Paula's latest Holiblog post is called "Designer Hint." And, if read as a hint, would seem to indicate something completely different than what we've all been speculating here.

Is Holiday World really going to go back to the same well for a fourth time?? Well, it has been a pretty good well for them. And I seem to recall Will saying something along the lines of "it wouldn't be so bad to be known as the wood coaster park" (not an exact quote).

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2008/08/designer-hint.html

The idea that we all keep guessing something else, and they just keep building more woodies is kind of amusing, though.

Edit: Or, "World's Tallest Coaster Designer" = Intamin...which means....

Aquatrax!!!

(Now, if they just name it Laser Snake Horse On Fire, no one will ever again be able to dispute Holiday World's supreme awesomeness.)

I say they might get a

1) El loco (They need an inversion badly)

2) Eurofighter (Same reason as the above)

3) "Deluge" style waterslide(Judging by the last 2 additions they seem to covet the"best waterpark award)

Oh by the way they won't be getting Laser.

Intamin half pipe pleeeese but seriousley that would be awesome! name it the mayflower and theme up one of the um what do you call their cars well theme it up and it would be great because 1.its an intamin and 2.unlike a pirate ship or disco its a credit!

I believe they're called...boats...

Another Clue

There's nothing like a ride simulation to help you finally figure out what it is you're promoting.

"Ohhhhhhhh...!" It gave me such a lift to finally "get it."

I mean the ride type has been around a long time. There's just a new way of getting from here to there that I finally understand.

Matt turned to me and all but dared me: Are you gonna ride it?

"Yes. Of course. With you. In the back."

Will laughed. He loves it when we sass each other.

And not to worry. A week from Tuesday you, too, will be able to watch the animation and do you own version of, "ohhhhhhhhh...!"

Roller Coaster is my guess.

"I mean the ride type has been around for a long time. There's just a new way of getting from here to there that I finally understand."

My guess goes towards something launched. Isn't that a "new" way of getting from one point to another? Unless it's a whole new method of launching. That'd mean that the launch coaster has "been around for a long time" and that the "new way of getting from here to there" is a completely new innovation. That could be why she says "I finally understand." Or she could be slow-on-the-draw. (Just kidding, Paula!)

Either way, it's funny how nothing we say is going to be kept from the all-seeing eye which is Paula('s eye). I'm sure they get some good laughs in the office over our guesses here.