TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Good Coaster, Bad Park

Top Choices?

Goliath at La Ronde: while not the greatest coaster in the world, it's leaps and bounds above anything else at that park... from the nice landscaping, the great looking station, and the enjoyable ride, there were times it almost felt like La Ronde was unworthy of such a nice coaster.

Ride of Steel at Darien Lake: With the exception of Motocoaster, everything else at this park is a one and done and hardly worth the visit. Ride of Steel, on the other hand, is a ride I could ride all day!

Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure: Shivering Timbers is simply amazing, the rest of the park... meh. Michinag's Adventure is really so far from anything else worth visiting, that about the only reason I would return would be for more rides on Shivering Timbers.

Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce: Lake Compunce isn't a bad park, it's just not a park I would need more than one or two visits to every 5 years or so. Boulder Dash though just blew me away when I rode it earlier this year! Simply an amazing ride at a just okay park.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I've never been to Knott's, but I'm a bit surprised that it falls into the 'bad park with one good coaster' category. I guess Silver Bullet's not all that? And I'm assuming Ghost Rider's probably aged badly.

I agree with the vote for Chang. Talk about a diamond in the rough! Pun intented. The other coasters there were pretty poorly maintained, but Chang was awesome and didn't supply that lower body pain like say, Mantis.

I think Silver Bullet is an "OK" ride, but nothing special; plus, I hate how it dominates the skyline over Ghost town--it just looks out of place there.

I'll take the loopholes.

SFKK: It's not worth it to me even though they have the great Chang, a mouse coaster, and the rapids ride.

Animal Kingdom: It's doesn't have any coasters that I care for, but just really Dinosaur, and like 2 other okay rides that I may want to go on, or not.

Hollywood Studios: Again, no coasters I care for but Tower of Terror, and some okay shows.

Other than those, maybe I try to avoid the parks that might have one great coaster, but the rest of the park stinks. I say forget Darien Lake, Elitch Gardens, and Big Bend because I'm going to be disappointed, and it's not going to be worth the money to me.

Did anyone else notice they didn't get friendliest staff of the year this year??

The Golden Ticket Awards haven't been announced yet.

Woops... I forgot that part... disregard what I said until they are actually released

I think Cedar Point is the winner. I love Millennium Force but the rest of the park, rides and all just completely suck.

JUST KIDDING! I have to agree with mostly everybody on this, I think Beech Bend is the worst park in respect to a great coaster. I mean yeah the Wild Mouse is "fun", the Looping Star is "fun" (and scary), and the haunted house was ok. I just really didn't like the park that much other than Kentucky Rumbler.

Hollywood Studios: Again, no coasters I care for but Tower of Terror, and some okay shows.

Hollywood Studios has a coaster, and its pretty damn good.

I'll take the loopholes.

SFKK: It's not worth it to me even though they have the great Chang, a mouse coaster, and the rapids ride.

Animal Kingdom: It's doesn't have any coasters that I care for, but just really Dinosaur, and like 2 other okay rides that I may want to go on, or not.

Other than those, maybe I try to avoid the parks that might have one great coaster, but the rest of the park stinks. I say forget Darien Lake, Elitch Gardens, and Big Bend because I'm going to be disappointed, and it's not going to be worth the money to me.

About Animal Kingdom I dont really consider it a park and more one of the nicest zoos in the world. I mean the only two coasters are primeval whirl and expedition everest. THe section whirl is in destroys the rest of the parks atmosphere. However from what I have heard EVerest is at least really cool. The theming is beautiful.

I'll take the loopholes.

About Animal Kingdom I don't really consider it a park and more one of the nicest zoos in the world. I mean the only two coasters are primeval whirl and expedition everest. THe section whirl is in destroys the rest of the parks atmosphere. However from what I have heard EVerest is at least really cool. The theming is beautiful.

About animal kingdom, I have easily spent the whole day there without even riding EE and Dinosaur(which is one of my favorite rides) Its a beautiful park with lots of animals and cool out of the way things to see, If you like animals and never been to Refika's(spelling?) Planet watch, its worth the train ride.

Wow--I'm surprised at all the SFoG hate. Mindbender, Goliath, Batman, Ga Scorcher, Superman all rocked and there was a lot more atmosphere and charm to the park than you'd expect (at least more than I expected.) At least you have trees, shade, and distinct themed areas. Have you guys been to SFA? Now there's a SF dump with some pretty good coasters.

Almost all of the coasters at SFA are great but the park itself is pretty much el crappo to almost every other park in the Six Flags chain (if not worse). If I could own SFA, I would fix all these problems and put it back on the map. The main things that need to be done is:

1. Maintain all of the rides

2. Re-theme all of the sections

3. Then add some flats

4. Create a loop from Coyote Creek (Mind Eraser) to Gotham City (Jokers Jinx)

5. Finally add some more world-class coasters