TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Good Coaster, Bad Park

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be different and say LeSourdsville Lake. Screechin' Eagle is fantastic and a great classic coaster, but the rest of the park is like a carnival.

But I'll agree, sort of, with Beech Bend. I only rode Kentucky Rumbler (it was December, 15 degrees, and KR was the only coaster open), but the rest of the park seemed like a dump.

Im going to go for Waldameer. Ravine Flyer 2 is brilliant, but the park is...a dump.

Care to add more insight as to why you think that Waldameer is a dump? Granted it is small, but it is a great family park and appears to be well maintained.

The only possible reasoning that I could see that you would think it is a dump is if you used the restroom in the Rainbow Gardens indoor pavilion. We recently had our shop picnic there and the whole inside looked like it was unchanged from the sixties. They either need to remodel it, or tear it down and add another thrill ride.

My vote on this subject goes to La Ronde. Goliath was a fun coaster, but the rest of the park was just awful. Rides not operating, rude attendants, and just a bland assortment of rides. Definitely one of the worst run parks in the Six Flags chain that I have visited! I thought that the $37 admission price seemed a bit steep for this dump.

Am I to expect a topic for good park, bad coasters soon ??

The first park that came to mind is Six Flags America. Wild One is a grrrrreat coaster that doesnt get much love since the park it's at is such a dump. Also Joker's Jinx, Superman, Batwing, and Roar are fantastic coasters. Two Face is also on the list but it's been closed and might become scrap metal by next year. Mind Eraser would be better with those new Vekoma seats. So all I'm saying is that if Parc bought SFA, it would be a all-around better place

^ I thought SFA was a total blast when I went I can't understand why it's hated so much. For me....personally...............i know i can expect flaming................Dollywood............YES its a nice beautiful well maintained park. But unless you like country music and dolly parton not much else there appeals to me other than Thunderhead Tenn Tornado and Mystery Mine. I went last october on a pretty busy day and did everything i wanted to in about 4 hours!. Six Flags Fiesta Texas took me all day to get all the rides I wanted in.

But unless you like country music and dolly parton not much else there appeals to me other than Thunderhead Tenn Tornado and Mystery Mine.

Well, then technically that's 3 coasters I'm assuming you consider "good," or at least worth riding. Therefore, Dollywood shouldn't apply to this thread............unless I read something wrong.

For me, I'm going with Diamondback, FTW.

I find the voyage amazing but holidayworld is mediocre. they have excellent customer service skills but the ride selection is marginal.

I agree and disagree at the same time. Voyage is THE ONLY reason I will go out of my way to get to Holiday World. The flat rides are all run on "gentle mode" (or so it seems), Raven is decent, Legend is good, but I've got plenty of other wood better than that around here... their customer service might seem to be the best to some, but watch closer, you'll be surprised at what you see. Did anyone else notice they didn't get friendliest staff of the year this year??

^I hate that Screamin' can be as short as a 15 min. wait yet Soarin's line is ALWAYS out of the door!

You'd think a good coaster would put a park on the map, but I've seen it work otherwise quite a few times. The best example I've seen myself is Xcelerator at Knott's. No other ride in the park comes close to matching it's intensity, thrill, and experience. Anyone who's been can kind of get where I'm coming from.

y

in regaurds to the screamin vs soarin debate, its more of a capacity issue. Screaming flushes riders through and probably gets more guests during the day, where as soaring loads slow and as a result gets longer wait times and line, but less riders.

I think Knott's is a good example of good rides but crappy park. Hate the place. They've really ruined what used to be a really good park. It could be one of the best parks, a pleasant surprise like the Busch parks where you would not expect to much, but get a lot. But unfortunately knott's fails. And its worth a visit on weekdays during the off season with discounted coupons.

in regaurds to the screamin vs soarin debate, its more of a capacity issue. Screaming flushes riders through and probably gets more guests during the day, where as soaring loads slow and as a result gets longer wait times and line, but less riders.

I think Knott's is a good example of good rides but crappy park. Hate the place. They've really ruined what used to be a really good park. It could be one of the best parks, a pleasant surprise like the Busch parks where you would not expect to much, but get a lot. But unfortunately knott's fails. And its worth a visit on weekdays during the off season with discounted coupons.

^Why is Knotts hated so much? I'd like to make it down there next year and would like to know.

You might also add Incredible Hulk and Dueling Dragons to this list. To me the park is great if your with your family but if your just there for the coasters......yeah your kind of stuck just doing re-rides. Re-rides on two great coasters but re-rides non the less.

But unless you like country music and dolly parton not much else there appeals to me other than Thunderhead Tenn Tornado and Mystery Mine.

Well, then technically that's 3 coasters I'm assuming you consider "good," or at least worth riding. Therefore, Dollywood shouldn't apply to this thread............unless I read something wrong.

For me, I'm going with Diamondback, FTW.

I agree with how you are reading this. It says good coaster, bad park. We have had every loophole possible just so people can fit what they want to in this. If the park is good then you can't use it in this thread. Also if the park has 7 good rides it shouldn't be used.

I also believe next year Diamondback will score huge points in this catergory.

Rampage is easily my #1 seed for best coaster at the worst park. It's one of my top 10 woodies and it's at a pretty subpar park. I don't know if this technically counts but Avalanche is an awesome coaster at Timber Falls in which I think was a put-put and go kart park if I remember correctly. I was only there for about 15 minutes to ride Avalanche 3 times.

It's tempting to answer "Xcelerator" and "Knott's" here, but as much as I have been distressed at how this park has been run in recent years, the optimist in me hopes that it can be saved.

^I've never been to Knott's, but I'm a bit surprised that it falls into the 'bad park with one good coaster' category. I guess Silver Bullet's not all that? And I'm assuming Ghost Rider's probably aged badly.

I agree with the vote for Chang. Talk about a diamond in the rough! Pun intented. The other coasters there were pretty poorly maintained, but Chang was awesome and didn't supply that lower body pain like say, Mantis.