TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Obama or McCain or Beemerboy?

Who do you favor in the election?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you favor in the election?

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Beemerboy

^Interesting that McCain is reaching back into the Democrat's 1980s playbook--Geraldine Ferraro, anyone?

So, this is the person who is ready to lead the Free World if McCain croaks in office? Hoo, boy . . .

Experience wise i believe she's been in office as long as Obama has. This difference is she actually had a position of leadership as governor.

Personally i think that qualifies her, technically, at least, better than Obama. Not to mention she's on the ticket as vice president, not president.

At first i was a little disappointed by Mccain's pic. I really wanted Romeny to get it, but now after i looked into her, I'm diggin the choice.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Experience wise i believe she's been in office as long as Obama has. .

Nope. She was elected governor in 2006. Before that, she was a mayor of a town of 5,000 people. Obama's been in the Senate since the 2004 election, and the Illinois state senate since 1997.

^^Being a governor is not a great indicator of how good someone will be as president (or VP). Both George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter were governors with little or no "Beltway" experience--as presidents, they were, well, "not so great," let's say (for different reasons).

Abe Lincoln didn't have much "experience" at all when he became president (although he did serve a term in Congress).

I really think this is going to be a bad ticket for the Republicans, but we'll see.

Still, I'd rather the VP be the less experienced of the two on the ticket. Better the VP to learn about being President as VP than learning to be President asPresident.

And before anyone makes any smart remarks, I realize that none of them have experience being President; I'm simply talking about government experience overall. You know, knowing what it's like to have that much responsibility.

Coincidence that my opponents chose to A) hold a convention in the "Mile High City," and B) chose a woman as a running mate? I think not. They clearly have caught on to the PMW way of life this campaign is trying to preach.

Personally, I'm very confident in my choice of Larry (Tonto) for VP.

Be careful Scott! Historically, one of the easiest ways to commandeer the voters for a third party candidate and dismiss him, is to adopt his agenda and beliefs! These were offensive moves, so be on the lookout!

-Jahan

Still, I'd rather the VP be the less experienced of the two on the ticket. Better the VP to learn about being President as VP than learning to be President asPresident.

And before anyone makes any smart remarks, I realize that none of them have experience being President; I'm simply talking about government experience overall. You know, knowing what it's like to have that much responsibility.

Thats the truth, Obama, has lzero experience as a person actually in charge of anything, senators vote as a group, and individually have little or no power

I think the Pick is risky, but from what I can gather, she is not to be messed with, Biden may be in for a shock during the debates, she is a very VERY strong woman, and, to put it simply, doesn't take crap from no one

I think everyone here complaining about here experience should relize one thing, Obama has about one more year total experience in goverment, and its as a senator, not a leader, She has been in charge for Two terms as a Mayor, then 20 months or so as a Govenor, and in that short time has done some REALLY great things for Alaska, Her aproval rating is around 80%, thats says alot

When I first heard about Sarah Palin today, my first thoughts were "Well played, McCain!" But with more thought, I'm not so sure. I wonder how many people will see McCain's age and Bush alignment along with Palin's youth, inexperience, and gender as reasons not to vote Republican. On the other hand, Obama is dealing with race and inexperience issues on his side.

Actually, I wonder if some people simply won't vote at all because they're too ignorant to get over this new type of candidacy. I personally find it refreshing, but I don't know how much change our voters can take all in one blow. I also wonder how voters view a presidential candidate from Hawaii and a VP candidate from Alaska. Do they see it as exotic or out of touch?

In the end, this is going to be a hard won election come November. I'm watching as much convention coverage as possible for both sides to get informed. Looks like Palin should have written a book! Obama, McCain, and Biden all have at least one!

I am at the point I will probably not vote for President because I know nothing about either. Politicians will say anythign to get into office. But if it was up to looks on voting, the McCain team has my vote because the Alaskan lady sure is nice looking.

Ok, fellow Hoosier, we need to talk. There are national conventions happening RIGHT NOW to help you learn more about the candidates - that's pretty much the point of them. They're on during prime time hours. Turn to CNN at about any time right now and you can get information on the candidates. Three of the four key players have written books, and several books have been written about them. I just looked on Amazon and there's a book released this past June that compares the political views of Obama and McCain.

Additionally, I can't believe you'd take the cheap shot about voting for McCain because is VP "is nice looking". That's gotten enough men into bad relationships, let alone a nation. It's as if you've given up trying to think for yourself and allowed your penis to vote for you. Go do your homework and come back in November with a more educated decision, regardless of your choice.

I did hear one good thing recently - that Obama believes that teachers salaries should be based on how well or not well they perform their job. I forget who told me this, but as I'm going to be a teacher I really like that idea! Can any confirm that?

According to wikipedia, BOTH Obama and McCain are for merit pay for teachers.

But the #1 can do ALOT more about it than this one has.

Where was he after Hurricane Katrina? Hiding in his ranch in Texas?

Wish to solve the declining oil stockpiles? Let's build some off-shore oil rigs that will result in a few drops of oil in about 6 years...

And I am tired of hearing 'let the market take care of it'.... about everything- the economy, healthcare, etc. Oh, the market will take care of it, too bad it will be too late for the rest of us still with our sanity, home, and wallet intact.

Additionally, I can't believe you'd take the cheap shot about voting for McCain because is VP "is nice looking". That's gotten enough men into bad relationships, let alone a nation. It's as if you've given up trying to think for yourself and allowed your penis to vote for you.

No matter how much of a front we put up, "that guy" lurks inside every man. Deep down we're just not that complex inside.

Yeah, voting for the Republican ticket based on the veep candidate's looks is silly, but her looks are worth mentioning because surely they've haven't hurt her career. John Edwards built his entire political career on his looks/hair.

BTW: It's safe now to say that the choice of Palin was wise on McCain's behalf. James Dobson came out today and said he'll vote for McCain. Earlier in the election he said he'd never vote for McCain. This is HUGE because Dobson brings a ton of evangelical votes along with him.

But the #1 can do ALOT more about it than this one has.

Where was he after Hurricane Katrina? Hiding in his ranch in Texas?

Wish to solve the declining oil stockpiles? Let's build some off-shore oil rigs that will result in a few drops of oil in about 6 years...

And I am tired of hearing 'let the market take care of it'.... about everything- the economy, healthcare, etc. Oh, the market will take care of it, too bad it will be too late for the rest of us still with our sanity, home, and wallet intact.

I'm not going to deny that the current administration (of which I'm not a huge fan) has made numerous mistakes. But honestly, which president hasn't? And don't forget about the role Congress plays - there are plenty of politicians on both sides of the political spectrum to blame.

Also, "in six years?" Um...so? What's with all the need for instant gratification? Six years from now is better than never. Right?

But the market almost certainly WILL take care of it. First of all, gas prices are still not as high as they were back in the 70s (taking inflation into consideration, of course), and yet we bounced back from that, did we not? Look at how low gas prices were about a decade ago - I think the national average was under $1. In fact, the oil crisis in the 70s actually forced American car makers to begin producing smaller, more efficient cars, which, last time I checked, IS A GOOD THING, and what is happening again now. There is always a silver lining.

The thing is that the economy was booming not too long ago, and sure people are in a bit of a panic now that we're in (the world's wimpiest) recession, but it's nearly impossible for an economy to constantly improve year after year. It's a cycle - you're going to have some good times and some bad times. You can't survive with the mindset that the economy is 100% stable, 100% of the time. It's gonna fluctuate. And everyone has to deal with it.

BTW: It's safe now to say that the choice of Palin was wise on McCain's behalf. James Dobson came out today and said he'll vote for McCain. Earlier in the election he said he'd never vote for McCain. This is HUGE because Dobson brings a ton of evangelical votes along with him.

The fact that people care about Dobson's opinion is scary. Why do they have to look to some one else for answers? People should be smart enough to make their own individual opinion. But alas... the truth is that majority of people in America are not people... but sheeple. Baa!

I'm more impressed with what Obama has to say for the future of the people. What he says is what I completely follow.

McCain, I hate absolutely everything about him. He is the spitting image of Bush. I don't want a Bush run for 12 strait years...

I could say a lot of things that sounds promising, but doesn't neccessarily make me a great candidate. In fact, Obama, if elected, could prove to be one of the greatest BSers of our time considering the ammount of promises he's made. Im not saying he will or will not. Im just saying dont follow so blindly. Its good you have an interest in politics, but be mindful of both sides of the issue. Dont just dismiss one side because sombody said "McCain is another Bush."

That's not neccessarily true. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions. But I find it hard to believe that you've come up with your own opinions when I hear that you hate a particular opponent. I willing to bet you dont know all that much about him as hate generally comes from ignorance.

I think the best way to improve something is to be open to all ideas which is something this country needs to really look at if they want to get it's economy back on track.

I pretty much vote Democrat every election because A. I'm not rich and B. I'm not a religious fanatic.

But Obama is an awesome candidate regardless of party. He stands for change. I mean who actually likes things the way they are now (except for arms dealers)?

I pretty much vote Democrat every election because A. I'm not rich and B. I'm not a religious fanatic.

This is exactly the thing that I hate. I don't understand why people have an inability to understand that not all Republicans are rich, and they are not all religious fanatics. I'm middle class and have not been to church in years (I'm even half Jewish!). Yet I still vote Republican most of the time. I could make the same generalization that I vote Republican because I'm A) Not on welfare and B) Not a hippie. I know that statement is about as true as what was said above. These blanket statements are really just that, people giving into ridiculous stereotypes..