• McCain
    • Beemerboy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

an economy that was overseen by a GOP House?

I'd say Alan Greenspan was most directly at the helm.

I don't really support either candidate:

Barack Obama is too mixed up with the likes of New Age Oprah and creepy racist Rev. Wright for me.

McCain is way too hawkish on Iraq for my tastes.

I am impressed with how civil this has been, congrats to all

I am for McCain

This is a man who worked with Ted Kennedy on immigration reform

This is a man that Rush Limbaugh does not like, because he is willing to work with Democrats

This is a man who took on big tabacco and pissed off alot of people who enjoyed all the money they were getting from it

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/04/26/tobacco/

No one can doubt his experience, and his willingness to work with people who have diffrent views than him.

Well even though I can't vote because of my age, I still like to put in my 2 cents over politics for I find the debating rather interesting, and like to be apart of it.

If I were able to vote, I would be at a crossroad, I honestly have no idea who to vote for, I'm not a big fan of either of them. I was rooting for Mitt Romney, but he suspended his campaign. Anyone know why?

After giving it some thought I would probably vote for Obama, even though I'm for republican, I think he's going to be better then McCain, I honestly can't tell you why I think he's better then McCain, I just think we need some change around here.

I'm still at crossroads for now, leaning more on Obama's side...but for the poll I just put other because I can't really tell who I want to go in the White House.

----Side Note----

Here's a lil' video from JibJab on campaignin' I thought it gave me a good laugh so I thought I'd share it with you all.

And I found this HILLARYious video on Barak (sp?) and Hillary doing the Umbrella song (spoof)

I was rooting for Mitt Romney, but he suspended his campaign. Anyone know why?

McCain was winning a lot more states. If Huckabee hadn't been in the race, he probably would have had a chance. Romney likely would have won most of the Southern states that Huckabee carried. I personally liked Huckabee's personality the best, but his policies of mixing church and state didn't fly with me. On the Republican side, I was wanting Rudy to take it...but his unusual methods prevented him from that.

IMO, he is not smart enough of the military. He is way way better than Clinton ever could have been. But I think McCain would do an overall better job.

Lots of people don't want another Republican in office after Bush. But frankly, most of those people are ignorant of what's really going on.

The media is making it look like Bush is a horrible president. It makes it look like he is sending troops into Iraq for no reason, and how the troops hate him.

I think Obama might change some things that can't be changed. I think McCain would overall be smarter in this time. Maybe in a few years after everything is done in Iraq and now the stuff with Russia and Georgia, then Obama might do a better job then in this time.

--James

I'm voting for Obama, and so is my moma.

He's got what we are looking for, someone we can honor

He'll get us out this debt we're in, we'll all be rich so holla

Who cares if he's elitest? Or has a racist Preacher?

He's a hunk in speedo trunks, swear him in on the beach.

I'm voting for Obama, so please don't bring the drama

He'll kick McCain's ass in a bar fight, aiight? while wearing pajamas!

he cuts back on fuel by riding llamas

And never wastes his Chiquita Bananas

And haven't you heard lately?

He's kin of Dick Chenny

That means he's pretty good with a riffle, ain't he?

I'm voting for Obama, so is Richard, Kim and Tanya

He's back by the blacks, whites, jews and Your father

Universal health care, so It's free to see a doctor

So maybe you won't die when your heart gets stopped up

He's still young enough to play a teen in movies

And when he get's stressed out he'll spark up a doobie.

I'm voting for Obama, he'll legalize the gonja

pass it to left, so he can join in the conga!

On a more serious note, I'm registered Green, so no one with my crazy liberal views will ever make it past primaries. I'd love to see Obama deliver on a lot of his campaign promises. I'd like to see a timetable for the war but more importantly a budget that will get us back on track. According to CNN our national budget is negative 9 trillion bucks. Things were considered to be doing well in '99 when Clinton was in office with a surplus of 3 trillion. Though wages, general costs, and times were not as hard then as they are now, sometihng needs to be done none the less. I think Obama's the best man to do that.

I'd say Alan Greenspan was most directly at the helm.

I was just pointing out who the lawmakers were - truth is that no single person can take the credit or blame for the strong 90s or the weak 2000s.

free for those who make no money, but those with high incomes will be paying for themselves and others

According to CNN our national budget is negative 9 trillion bucks. Things were considered to be doing well in '99 when Clinton was in office with a surplus of 3 trillion. Though wages, general costs, and times were not as hard then as they are now, sometihng needs to be done none the less. I think Obama's the best man to do that.

I don't think a liberal who want socialized medicine (among other giveaway programs) is the best person to eliminate debt

That's where the Republicans have really sucked, they are spending money like the Democrats.

Whatever happens I just hope that the parties split up control of the branches of government. A Democratic congress and a Democratic White House would be just as bad as the Republican stronghold was for the early part of this decade. Things seem to work better when there is a power struggle.

I personally don't know who to vote for, I don't like either candidate.

That is where I am at right now. Since Bush took office things have gone downhill (is it his fault, not all the way), but I haven't paid too much attention to what McCain has said either. The only voting I know for sure is for Indiana Gov., time to get Bush Jr. out of Indianapolis, even if it is putting in someone I didn't vote for in the primary.

The media is making it look like Bush is a horrible president. It makes it look like he is sending troops into Iraq for no reason, and how the troops hate him.

:

--James

Tell me, what was the reason for sending troops into Iraq? WMD?

^^

The leader was threatening neighboring countries with weapons of mass destruction. I think that is a good as hell reason to go into Iraq. Even if we didn't find any weapons, he keep saying he had them, and if he did, I doubt we wanted Saddam Hussain to have control over them.

Plus, he killed thousands of people if he didn't get his way.

There are other reasons like random terrorist bombings, such as car bombings in public places, etc..

Things are still going on like that shouldn't. That's why it is very important to stay in Iraq until they stop, with Obama won't do.

--James "No, Bush isn't trying to steal oil" Flint

free for those who make no money, but those with high incomes will be paying for themselves and others

Not to mention that a national health plan would inevitably be a complete cluster in this tax-adverse country. Medicare/aid are underfunded disasters. No sense in giving Washington more control over health care when they can't run what they have properly.

I don't think a liberal who want socialized medicine (among other giveaway programs) is the best person to eliminate debt

It's election year. Whomever gets away with the most lies wins.

I'm voting for Obama, and so is my moma.

He's got what we are looking for, someone we can honor

He'll get us out this debt we're in, we'll all be rich so holla

Who cares if he's elitest? Or has a racist Preacher?

He's a hunk in speedo trunks, swear him in on the beach.

I'm voting for Obama, so please don't bring the drama

He'll kick McCain's a$$ in a bar fight, aiight? while wearing pajamas!

he cuts back on fuel by riding llamas

And never wastes his Chiquita Bananas

And haven't you heard lately?

He's kin of Dick Chenny

That means he's pretty good with a riffle, ain't he?

I'm voting for Obama, so is Richard, Kim and Tanya

He's back by the blacks, whites, jews and Your father

So maybe you won't die when your heart gets stopped up

He's still young enough to play a teen in movies

And when he get's stressed out he'll spark up a doobie.

I'm voting for Obama, he'll legalize the gonja

pass it to left, so he can join in the conga!

Nice rhymes brother from another mother!

You've got me by the balls there...touchet!

It's election year. Whomever tells the most lies wins

It seems like McCain's platform is heavily status quo. Obama seems to be the candidate who pulling the most crazy ideas out of his ass. If your theory holds up, I look for Obama to win...

..."A Change We Ca Believe In?

What kind of campagin slogan is that?

i

I would just like to say that I am amazed at how many young people are actually interested in politics on this site. Its a good sign and I hope there are more people in your age bracket that are interested in politics.

I think alot of underaged voters still like to have a say in politics even though we can't vote.

And I too am suprised that many under-aged voters are interested in politics too, I never expected many to be, most people in my city are just like, "Obama rules." Or "McCain all the way!" Without any reasoning behind it, and many people here actually explain there votes.

And another thing I am AMAZED at is how civilized this thread is, theres no flaming at all, and I would've expected something bad out of this topic.

I have never seen a candidate "flip-flop" as much as Obama over the past few weeks. The man cannot make up his mind. Now he thinks that opening the oil reserve is going to be the great savior for the high oil prices. I guess after two weeks of release he will learn that was false. Also, he is so gainst the Bush tax credits because of the financial issues the country is in YET he wants to give 1K to every family in the United States as a credit for high oil prices?!?!

I may not agree with McCain 100% but at least I can see where he is standing with issues. Every interview with Obama that is not in front of 10,000 people shows his clamming up and looking terrified.

Also, he is so gainst the Bush tax credits because of the financial issues the country is in YET he wants to give 1K to every family in the United States as a credit for high oil prices?!?!

I'd be happy with 1k to my family, we need it, and we could pay off the IRS finally.

As for giving the 1k to every family in America, thats a bit extreme, but isnt some of the problem that our economy is so bad is that we are making too MUCH money and its going nowhere? I think this might help settle it a bit, but it will also put America into a deeper hole. I think were stuck in a situation where we need someone EDUCATED to come along and say "Hey this is what we need to do, and were going to do it." Not these people coming along with some crazy ideas about pulling out the war and giving 1000 dollars to every family. I'm tired of gimmicks, I want results, answers, and honesty.

Some time back, I took a survey to see who I should vote for, and---much to my surprise---I had the most in common with Obama. Interesting because while I'm registered as "Non-Partisan" or "Decline to State," I tend to vote conservative. (Middle-of-the-road with a lean to the right is how I describe my political views.)

Like some have said, I really don't care for either candidate. I admire McCain for his military service and POW experience. But does he really know how to lead this country? I really couldn't tell you.

I like Obama's youth (he'd be the first president in my lifetime who's younger than I am), don't have a problem with his race, but do have a problem with his platform of CHANGE!!! Change...what? He hasn't been too clear on that.

So, come November, we'll just see.

Eric

I like Obama's youth (he'd be the first president in my lifetime who's younger than I am), don't have a problem with his race, but do have a problem with his platform of CHANGE!!! Change...what? He hasn't been too clear on that.

I hear many people complain that they don't know Obama's policies or what "change" means. While his campaign hasn't done the best of jobs detailing the intricacies of his policy in speeches and media interviews, nearly all of Obama's goals and plans are laid out pretty clearly (and with great detail) on his website:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

It's a fairly exhaustive amount of information, especially if you delve down into the sub-sections, but there's also a downloadable PDF (The Blueprint For Change) that hits the highlights.

I would suggest anyone who is on the fence about his platform or message to give it a read. John McCain's site has the same thing:

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/