TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiday World used to have one on the wall right as you entered the tunnel. It used to be covered, but they clean it off pretty regularly now. In fact, I don't even think I noticed it last time I was at the park.

And the roof on The Boss, WOW!! That thing is always covered. Where is the gum wall on Screamin' Eagle?

Ugh, gum. There's a reason it's not sold in the Magic Kingdom. Nevertheless, one of the weirder days on the job; Splash Mountain is closed so I find myself in the sun on the roof of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad station building with a sharp stick and a bucket, scraping cemented gum (and the pennies stuck into it) off a (literally) hot tin roof while guests walk by and point and laugh. Ahh, memories.

The worst gum wall I've ever seen however was at Six Flags New England, on the last oxbow of the approach queue at Thunderbolt, the cutest little 1941-original, hand-powered station braked, wooden roller coaster you ever did see. It made me so mad, since of all the rides there you could tell this little gem (one of my favorites anywhere) didn't get the custodial attention. I noticed there was no gum in the queue for Superman...

I remember the infamous gum wall at Magic Mountain. It was on Gold Rusher, on a support post about half way up the first lift hill, just to the left. People would reach out and stick their gum on it as their train slowly went by the post. Not sure if it's still there though, as I haven't ridden that ride in many years.

-Doug

It's still there. I find it disgusting and it really takes away from any enviornment that area has.

---Brent

Holiday World used to have one on the wall right as you entered the tunnel.

You're talking about their log flume, right? I remember seeing gum there a while back. Next time you ride it, go ahead and touch that wall and you'll see how they manage to keep it so free of gum now.

I hate gum. I don't see the point of chewing it, I hate the sound of it (especially snapping), and I think that when people chew it (especially mouth-open chewing), they exude a certain state of mindlessness.

Guess I'm a GumGrouch.

The cave after you enter the queue for Kings Dominion's Volcano used to be spotted with gum. It would reek of spearmint and Juicy Fruit on a hot day (of which there are many at KD).

Trimper's haunted-house ride has a "gum bat," as well as gum bang doors.

"Gum Bang Doors" would be a great name for a band (or an exotic dancer).

29.jpg.e809b4ded682b31f1c237819037506f8.jpg

Gum bang doors

28.jpg.f3212f70b40ea40e168b6e3e9ea1a6ec.jpg

Gum bat

A couple of notable ones for me.

At SFMM on Gold Rusher: As you go up the rides first lift on the left. There is a lot of gum on a support of the track. But SFMM has done a pretty good job trying to keep it clean.

Adventuredome Las Vegas: The first bridge you go under while riding the Rim Runner has lots of gum on it.

John

The Predator's queue at Darien Lake used to have one when it was owned by Six Flags:

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/2006/04/predator-six-flags-darien-lake-coaster.html

I re-visited a few weeks ago and thankfully it's been removed. Props to PARC Management! I detest gum walls/trees and I can't understand why any park would let them accumulate like this season after season.

The one I can remember is at Kennywood, in line for Steel Phantom/Phantom's Revenge. There was (can't remember if it's still there now) a block wall that had Kennywood painted on the side, which the old Laser Loop used to pass over. The top of that thing used to be littered with gum - definitely looked pretty gross.

I remember the infamous gum wall at Magic Mountain. It was on Gold Rusher, on a support post about half way up the first lift hill, just to the left. People would reach out and stick their gum on it as their train slowly went by the post. Not sure if it's still there though, as I haven't ridden that ride in many years.

-Doug

Its still there.