TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beijing Olympics!

Mr. Starr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay thus far the Olympics have been cool and all, but can someone please tell me what the hecks the deal with having a lawn and garden game like bad mitten in this huge sport deal? I feel like I was watching kids play it. I mean seriously, they kept saying stuff like "That was the most original tactic , an awesome smash.....what a spectacular move by the german" I see no point in having such a lame sport in the biggest games around. Hand ball rocked though! I mean I'm sorry if anyone begs to differ , this is just my opinion so I respect everyone elses. Bad Mitten is Not an olympic sport. Its a sit at home, get a beer and a lawn chair, invite the neighbors over and have fun sport. Like Horse shoes.

^ I guess thats because baseball is largely an American Sport. As far as I am aware its not really played or as popular in the rest of the world.

I've been LOVING the olympics this year. My favourite is the diving. Team GB have been doing pretty well. We've got alot of good young 'uns coming through, so hopefully we will kick your asses in 2012

Baseball is being played this year. It's the last year it will be. Unless they reinstate it, which happens all the time.

Baseball is a international sport now. It's being played everywhere, the World Classic is proof of that. As is the Little League World Series.

According to this site Phelps is the 494th most common last name in the US, with over 57,000 people sharing it.

Smith FTW!

There should be four medals awarded: gold for first, silver for second, bronze for third, and plywood for Canadian.

Dan "Tied for 41st with zero medals!" Smith

Are the summer olypics even on tv up in canada?

-Lance "Kyrgyzstan has a medal now, but not Canada, but we can all wait to the winter olympics" Lundy

Baseball is being played this year. It's the last year it will be. Unless they reinstate it, which happens all the time.

Baseball is a international sport now. It's being played everywhere, the World Classic is proof of that. As is the Little League World Series.

Haha, shows how much I know... Or how little the tv station here is actually showing.

My bad

Haha, shows how much I know... Or how little the tv station here is actually showing.

My bad

Undersood, it isn't a big sport at all in Europe, but everywhere else it is. It's very popular in central and south america, along with asia and stuff.

Sorry about the baseball thing, they never show anything on NBC other than volleyball, swimming, and like canoeing.

I also would have wished that they would show them live in the afternoon, but that wouldn't really make sense, as china is 12 hours ahead of us.

^ yeah NBC really only shows the more popular events (e.g. swimming, volleyball,gymnastics). It's also on a few other networks like cnbc and usa (all nbc owned of course). The other networks tend to show sports a that are a bit more obscure like kayaking and canoeing, but if you want to see the rest you have to see it online. The olympic website has everything from the pentathlon to ping pong (A personal fave of mine ).

It was awesome seeing Jonathan Horton get fired up as his US gymnastics team won the bronze Monday night. Excited, as there'd be no returning olympians, especially with the injuries of Paul and Morgan Hamm. Also great though bittersweet to see David Durante in the stands as the third and final alternate to make it to Beijing but not on the floor.

I saw on Drudge that Michael Phelps takes in 12,000 calories a day! I know I eat a lot of loaded fatty stuff, but at least it comes to Phelps' advantage!

I love the Olympics. Micheal Phelps is pretty amazing. I still think the flying arrow to light the cauldron in Sydney was the coolest thing ever.

That was actually Barcelona (I think), but it was my favorite torch lighting ceremony also