TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark lines

Hey all. I will be going there on Aug 11 (Monday). I've been to Hershey numerous times before but never on a weekday. Are lines typically shorter on weekdays? We're making a 3 1/2 hour drive down from NY and I'm just curious how long of a wait we'll be having.

Is SR's line better now? I went late August during opening year and the line went out of the queue area (I spent more time outside of the queue area actually). I'm assuming it's gotten better now.

And is Fahrenheit worth it? I'm going to be riding stuff with a group of 3 so there will basically always be an odd man out (except on stuff like Great Bear) but I heard that you're forced to go on the single riders line and it's no fun splitting up I heard the capacity wasn't too great either...?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definitely be less crowded than on a weekend but I would still expect it to be crowded. It's Hershey, and during this time of summer everyone is going to the parks for the last time before schools start up. Expect long lines, but it shouldn't be ridiculous. Just make sure you get there at opening.

the "waterpark" will be packed if it's hot out, and the coasters will have short queue's. if it's colder out there will be more people on the coasters then not, and checking windows sidebar it's only supposed to get up to 76 degrees Monday. With that said, Hershey has the weirdest attendance. One beautiful warm Wednesday the park is empty and then the next day same weather but it's packed. Nothing beside Fahrenheit should be much more then 30 mins. Maybe all three of you could hit up the single rider line, just pretend you dont know each other ha.

Three people can stand in the regular line for Fahrenheit together. When you get to the station, they'll take someone from the single rider line to fill in the other spot to make it even. No big deal.

Is Fahrenheit worth it? Only you can answer that. How far are you traveling? How easy would it be for you to come back at another time? Are you a credit ho?

I was just at the park this past Sunday. Here's how the lines were:

LR and Wildcat-- one or two train waits late morning.

Wild Mouse-- short wait. Line was two queue lengths.

Sidewinder, Trailblazer, and Soaker-- didn't bother checking.

SR- 15-20 minute wait midafternoon. Much of the queue wasn't even used.

GB- around a 45 minute wait mid afternoon. Shorter than that later on.

SDL- line was a few steps down from the station.

Comet- 3 queue lines at the bottom. Mostly due to terribly slow loading. (trains routinely sat in the break run till the next one was loaded.)

F-heit- longest line. Took maybe an hour or so. But trains are dispatched regularly.

Thanks for the replies guys. Actually, plans might be changing. My father is the one driving and my mom is coming along too. My brother and a friend are coming and I'm bringing 2 friends so every seat in the car is filled.

I wanted to bring a 3rd friend but there's no room in the car. My father basically wants me to go ahead and just bring the 3rd person and either me or my brother would just not wear a seatbelt. Not squishy in the least but still, no seatbelt.

I'm nervous about this in case we get stopped or something we might just have 4 people.

Also, I'm coming from Long Island, Ny for the person that asked. It is around a 3 1/2 - 4 hour trip and we plan to leave around 7 am.

I haven't been since 06, but from what I remember waits were like this on weekdays.

Comet- 20-30 minutes

Great Bear- 15-20 minutes

Lightning Racer- 10 minutes

Roller Soaker- 60 minutes & a ton of breakdowns!

Sidewinder- 5-10 minutes

Sooperdooperlooper- 10 minutes

Storm Runner- 45 minutes

Trailblazer- 5 minutes

Wildcat- 10 minutes

Wild Mouse- 15 minutes

Thanks for the replies guys. Actually, plans might be changing. My father is the one driving and my mom is coming along too. My brother and a friend are coming and I'm bringing 2 friends so every seat in the car is filled.

I wanted to bring a 3rd friend but there's no room in the car. My father basically wants me to go ahead and just bring the 3rd person and either me or my brother would just not wear a seatbelt. Not squishy in the least but still, no seatbelt.

I'm nervous about this in case we get stopped or something we might just have 4 people.

Also, I'm coming from Long Island, Ny for the person that asked. It is around a 3 1/2 - 4 hour trip and we plan to leave around 7 am.

In PA I believe everyone under 18 must wear a seatbelt, but if everyone and the driver are over 18 you can pack as many people in the car as you want. I'm not positive on that but I believe that is correct.

Hershey is very strange with lines because I have been there on week days where the coasters are 10 minute waits, but I have also been there on weekdays and waited an hour for the coasters.