TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Extreme Terror Rides

I was trying to figure out why they'd produce a show about rollercoasters for the GP? I mean this show obviously isn't for any coaster nerd, because it lacked a lot of vital information. So I wondered...why create it? I'm not exactly sure on this, but I'm guessing it's to promote tourism on suffering theme parks to the GP. Any takers on this theory?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to figure out why they'd produce a show about rollercoasters for the GP? I mean this show obviously isn't for any coaster nerd, because it lacked a lot of vital information. So I wondered...why create it? I'm not exactly sure on this, but I'm guessing it's to promote tourism on suffering theme parks to the GP. Any takers on this theory?

I would say that maybe 13 year olds would watch it and be like "that looks awesome omg we should go there," but what 13 year olds watch the Travel Channel? Travel Channels highest percentage of viewers is of retired people, and im sure these shows don't interest them. Maybe they just make shows like this to try and interest a younger generation, but it doesn't make a ton of sense.

This is probably why we haven't seen any since like 02-03. Ha

I noticed that there was a girl on KK wearing eyeglasses. Even with a strap, I have never been allowed to ride wearing them on KK, TTD, Excellerator or El Toro. Has this policy changed?

I never really get to enjoy these rides fully because I'm blind as a bat and everything is really blurry. I find that without them my eyes try so hard to focus that it triggers a headache, especially on El Toro which is a longer ride.

I rode TTD in 2007, and they initially asked me to remove my glasses, but once I pointed out my strap, they allowed me to keep them on. Then I just got back from SFGAdv two days ago and rode both El Toro and KK without ANYONE saying anything about my glasses, and I even have long hair which HIDES the strap, so there wasn't any way the ride ops knew for sure that I was wearing one. *shrugs*

Nah, capacity on rides like Kingda Ka is more of a thing a supervisor would yell at you for than safety.

I don't understand where anything is mentioned about downtime. You were talking about capcity, not downtime.

EDIT: I think a supervisor would yell at you for not being safe operating/riding a ride. I think safety comes before capacity.

-Tatum

I think a supervisor would yell at you for not being safe operating/riding a ride. I think safety comes before capacity

Most definitely, at Disney it's "Safety" then "Courtesy", then "Show" then "Efficiency" And they stick pretty closely to that order of operations, especially when it comes to keeping that first one first.

^ That was a joke.

Probably should of included a silly face to make that more obvious.

I know SF cares about safety, there stock is already dreadfully low,

I'm sure they don't want it going any lower. <--

That was also a joke, I know they don't just care about it for stock.

I think you need to relax and just ignore humor you don't get, think is funny or enjoy.

^^ Meh, it's a SF park

Also, I don't think you understand what I was talking about..

I meant that they don't try and get the riders to avoid wearing hats, glasses, etc. Not lacking in checking the seatbelts and etc.

Dude, the seatbelts on coasters really don't do anything. The restraints will never open up during the ride. Those are just there for those who think it will. And trust me, Six Flags really makes sure about glasses, hats, etc. That's why they have made a big deal about putting in lockers.

But maybe in your experience it's different...

--James

Yeah, I think a lot of parks go overboard with the loose article rules. I remember a couple years back I was at Darien Lake. I was getting onto Superman with my sunglasses (the year before no one cared) and the ride Op said I had to give them to him, so I took them off and held them. He said I couldn't hold them, so I unbuttoned my cargo pants pocket, put them in, and then buttoned it back up... and the ride op STILL refused me to ride with them even in a buttoned pocket. After threatening to throw me off the ride, I just gave into him.

Just a week or 2 ago when I was at SFNE a lady was on superman with a cape on. The ride op saw it and made her take it off, but because she was sitting on it, she couldn't remove it without having the restraints unlocked again. I was just thinking to myself "If she can't even get it off with the restraints locked, how the heck is it going to come off on the ride?"