TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Extreme Terror Rides

Geez who was that big nerd with the goggles on Kingda-Ka? (someone needs to get laid)

I can't believe they finally featured the Mindbender in Canada! They never show this ride EVER on any coaster shows. What a nice surprise! It brought back nice memories of my trip there 2 years ago.

I agree about the Cedar Point and Great Adventure rides. Why show Top Thrill Dragster AND Kingda-Ka?? Same rides.

The Fahrenheight footage was nice!

Firehawk at King's Island? It's old already.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was average, in the sense that it was like every other coaster show that I've seen on the Travel Channel. I find it odd that they didn't show Maverick, especially since it premiered the same year (actually, the same day, if Wikipedia is to be believed) as Firehawk and they could still try to pass it off as a new ride.

On a side note, Coastin' Steve has some spiffy shades.

Yeah I watched the show last night.

It was okay, I was just happy to see a new coaster program on tv. That made me happy.

I would've much rather seen Tatsu than Firehawk, IMO. And overall the program could've been alot better. I agree that it was very GP oriented, as most shows on the travel channel are.

To me, the best part was seeing the Wisconsin Dells place, i forgot the name but it had some cool looking rides.

Each time I see Kingda ka, it makes me want to go back to New Jersey even more and more to ride it! (I'm not leaving out El Toro or Nitro, I wanna ride them as well!) The city I was born in was about a half hour or less away from SFGA.

People, there's gonna be a different one on the 13TH at the same time the other one came on. It'll be called "Xtreme theme park rides".

On what channel? Travel? 'Cause I don't see it?

Yeah. But remember, the TV guide magazine does NOT show everything that comes on. Only a few things that come on, nor does the travel channel website.

Wow, this was a really horrible show. A drunk 4-year-old could check facts better than they did on this show. The Cedar Point segment was especially awful.

They went to Great Adventure for "one reason and one reason only" and it wasn't El Toro.

EPIC FAIL!!!

I noticed that there was a girl on KK wearing eyeglasses. Even with a strap, I have never been allowed to ride wearing them on KK, TTD, Excellerator or El Toro. Has this policy changed?

I never really get to enjoy these rides fully because I'm blind as a bat and everything is really blurry. I find that without them my eyes try so hard to focus that it triggers a headache, especially on El Toro which is a longer ride.

If Coaster Steve was allowed to wear those goggles, maybe I can ride with my prescription dive mask?

It rained during the night before th shoot at KK. During a shoot there last year (where I was at, but Josh couldn't make it), it did rain, and the goggles were awesome (because it hurt really bad!). But Steve always wears the goggles.

anyone notice how loud the inta-rattle was on Fahrenheit? You could barley hear the guy talking because of it. I was there that day when they filmed it, some guy was filming me walking in but I guess I wasn't looking good enough for tv. The ride ops were telling me of the annoying girl freaking out and how they had to shut down the ride to get the camera on and stuff.