TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Extreme Terror Rides

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of surprised that they are still showing rides from like 8 years ago when I remember watching "Thrills, Chills, and Spills" on Discovery Channel.

It was okay, but in one part they definitely called X-Scream on top of the Stratosphere tower a "coaster". It most definitely is not. But to the general public, they wouldn't even notice.

It was a nicely put together show, but I think there are some better videos on TPR. Maybe TPR should do a show for Travel Channel. haha That would be something.

That show was pretty bad.

1. Firehawk as a new coaster? No, not quite, but to the GP who didn't know that it got moved from GL, they would think so.

2. I might have misheard, but did the say TTD goes 175 mph? I could have sworn that's what they said.

3. Terminal Velocity is a SCAD tower, probably the one at the place in Dallas. That's really old news, they had them at IAAPA in 01. TPR Scad Tower

The only thing really relevant in the show was the part on SR and Fahrenheit at Hersheypark. Everything else was just rehashed stuff they've shown many times before. I really wish they would consult some true coaster people to find out what's new an innovative. It's kind of like that MSN article that pops up all the time about the 10 best coasters.

Oh, and does anyone happen to know who that "Coastin' Steve" guy was? An Acer, or just some guy who's a nut on another website? (you know, much like our beloved Big Mike)

He mostly posts on RRC. Been around for quite a while and his home park is SFGAdv. He also worked as a carpenter on Flying Turns.

It was an okay show, not the worst, but not anywhere near Modern Marvels: Disney World(my favorite). With the exception of the Firehawk segment, it wasn't that annoying, but I had to go watch something else as the guy doing the commentary while riding was so annoying.

Why is everyone upset with saying an "old" ride is unique? The show was made for the general public, and they don't know that a ride has been relocated or is from an eight year old design. I'd still say Firehawk is unique in that flying coasters are still relatively new and uncommon.

^He sure did boast a lot for having only ridden 300 coasters. Heck, I have almost that many under my belt and I only consider myself a semi-enthusiast.

Guy, you made a really awesome coaster video. That throws you into the category of full on coaster dork.

Joe "I needed Cipro after watching Guy's video" C.

Wow, I'm an idiot.

Anyways, I hope its not just like all the other coaster shows. But hopefully it'll have some new rides. The last coaster show I saw on the Travel Channel was from like 2003.

I found it to be kinda "meh" for my liking but I did record it on DVR anyway.

I swear the discovery networks are really going downhill in recent years,we no longer get our memorial day coaster shows simply because they're more concerned with the fad of reality tv shows that've been al the rage in recent years.

Anybody notice the wha...girl in the Fahrenheit station freaking out? Calm down, you're not on Stormrunner. I wonder if Coastin' Steve is registered here...(nice goggles)

Exactly what I was thinking. She was flipping out like th coaster was her certain death or something. LMAO! Are the goggles really necessary either? Lol. (That's a joke, I know you can ride without them)

They should make one with Rob and other TPR members. Than it would be more geared to the enthusiasts and not so much the GP. Plus the pov's would be so much better!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/order.htm

// You're welcome

Damn! Beat me to it!

Guy T. Koepp wrote:

^He sure did boast a lot for having only ridden 300 coasters. Heck, I have almost that many under my belt and I only consider myself a semi-enthusiast.

Guy, you made a really awesome coaster video. That throws you into the category of full on coaster dork.

Joe "I needed Cipro after watching Guy's video" C.

Cipro! Awesome!

Firstly, thank you mucho! Your comments are greatly appreciated. And B, I think I have successfully gone beyond coaster dork into full on coasterdelic mind trip.

All for your enjoyment I might add!

Guy "I'm really more about story and character than coasters. " Koepp

Oh no,

I read this forum too late!

Damn i REALLY wanted to watch this!

Yes i know its being repeated tomorrow but i dont get travel america.

Is there any way at all, that someone (very kindly) record this for me please?

Thanks

Leighton

P.S: Please forgive my grammar if it is bad, im autistic and 11 (yes i had parental permission )

Oh no,

I read this forum too late!

Damn i REALLY wanted to watch this!

Yes i know its being repeated tomorrow but i dont get travel america.

Is there any way at all, that someone (very kindly) record this for me please?

Thanks

Leighton

P.S: Please forgive my grammar if it is bad, im autistic and 11 (yes i had parental permission )

You might be able to find it on Youtube.

This was not a very well done show. They actually skipped over Maverick and El Toro - for rides they have shown previously on other shows! I mean, what's the point in that. It's not like they didn't have quite a few options in the 2007/08 season they could have tracked down. The special seemed like filler material.

Does Disney co-produce their shows for the travel channel? Of the park shows that I've seen, they usually are the most complete and well done. In particular, the Samantha Brown ones are very good, as I usually see an part of WDW I was not familiar with previously.