TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While it's a lot of fun golfing at the Mason Grizzly course next to KI, really wish they were opening next weekend. Or this weekend. No clue why they're waiting till May, it's been at worst 50s and typically 60s around here in March. 

20210317_133416.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, coasternut said:

Any news or rumors on Coasterstock? It's normally mid May before Memorial day. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled again this year. 😢

I do not think it will happen this year, because we would have heard by now

Also, news: 

• Like 1

It wasn't too bad last year, when all they had done was the turnaround on the right side.  The trick is sitting in a non-wheel-seat (middle row of a car).

Oh I know the non wheel seat secret, what kind of enthusiast would I be? XD 
Ah this was not last year as you two are referencing, this was 2018, perhaps was running worse then and ya know could've been a bad ride, this more age woodens are temperamental! Don't really matter, glad it's been touched up some more! 

8 hours ago, coasternut said:

Any news or rumors on Coasterstock? It's normally mid May before Memorial day. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled again this year. 😢

They usually have the registration opening the first week of February and nothing this year. If you look on the special events page it says basically to be determined and if the pictures are any hint I don't think they are planning any special events before 4th of July.

22 hours ago, JJLehto said:

Oh is it being retracked! I wanted to love Racer, I got a thing for that style, but even for me that thing was rough to near intolerable limits. 

Oh I agree... I did the marathon the last GKTW held at KI and 8 hrs on the racer made me feel like I needed back surgery especially after so many bottom outs on the downside of the bunny hop right after the hill drop. I had a blast though.

Hmmm....decisions!
I had tickets, hotel, flights, car rental all set for last year's Coasterstock.

Do I attempt to book everything again?  I will be fully vaccinated tomorrow!! 

Already booked my trip to Cedar Point for Coastermania.

Still no job yet (was with Disney for 21 years) and with my luck, they will call me back as soon as I book everything!

UGH! 

Airlines have some of the most generous waivers ever right now so assuming you find an airline with a covid waiver where the don't charge a change fee with your booking (which is most of them) and the car and hotel room are refundable (which they normally are) then I say go for it. The risk is very minimal. Note that you will likely not get a flight refund but rather a credit but then you can just go to Cedar Point any other time.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:40 PM, coasterbill said:

Airlines have some of the most generous waivers ever right now so assuming you find an airline with a covid waiver where the don't charge a change fee with your booking (which is most of them) and the car and hotel room are refundable (which they normally are) then I say go for it. The risk is very minimal. Note that you will likely not get a flight refund but rather a credit but then you can just go to Cedar Point any other time.

Not only that but if you book on SW  you can simply change flights without even losing early bird if you have paid for that. But either way I have cancelled and rebooked like 5 times with them between Covid and Texas snowstorms 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 1:24 PM, pianojohn said:

Hmmm....decisions!
I had tickets, hotel, flights, car rental all set for last year's Coasterstock.

Do I attempt to book everything again?  I will be fully vaccinated tomorrow!! 

Already booked my trip to Cedar Point for Coastermania.

Still no job yet (was with Disney for 21 years) and with my luck, they will call me back as soon as I book everything!

UGH! 

I think I'm going to give it a shot. . 1st time ever.

tix on sale Monday, and if can get a ticket, THEN will try to figure out hotel/air/getting to the park, and of course, a couple of days off work to attend.