TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

I feel like the more coasters I ride the more I appreciate coasters that are just flat-out-weird and the Beast is flat-out-weird. Also, all of the hype is real for the night rides.

I think it's because even so many good rides fall into similar experiences and categories.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

I guess my tastes in coasters aren't that refined.... it goes 91 miles per hour and has a 300 foot drop. That's cool as sh*t. It also has tons of airtime, it's butter smooth, it hauls ass the entire t

Posted Images

Man, now I really want to eat and drink in that beer garden. For pub food, Korea is nearly always indoor pubs and outdoor drinking is for plastic tables or picnic benches outside of convenience stores.

Last Saturday 10PM close night of the season this weekend, I'm probably going to get FL+ and actually get multiple rides in since I had one real visit this season.

Anyone else going on Sat?

Last Saturday 10PM close night of the season this weekend, I'm probably going to get FL+ and actually get multiple rides in since I had one real visit this season.

Anyone else going on Sat?

I will be at KI on Saturday if you want to meet up!

^ I strongly recommend booking FL+ in advance since it has been selling out on Saturdays.

I have had such a shitty work week I got it last night to give myself something to look forward to haha.

^Cool, PM'd!

I am assuming you would still recommend FL+ for Saturday, October 24th, right? I am not sure if we are going to be able to make the drive yet because of work situations, but we might be able to get away for a long weekend and that would be the target day for my first visit to KI given that it won't be open on the Friday before.

I am assuming you would still recommend FL+ for Saturday, October 24th, right? I am not sure if we are going to be able to make the drive yet because of work situations, but we might be able to get away for a long weekend and that would be the target day for my first visit to KI given that it won't be open on the Friday before.

I'd get it!

There's no OSU football, people have given up on the Bengals, and no one believes in the Reds. Anyone in the tri-state area with a season pass is probably going to be there

At least us Browns fans wait till the bye week to completely give up on our team... before getting hurt again every Sunday. It's been my Sunday fall tradition since 1999! :audible sigh:

KI does have one of the largest season pass bases in the chain and fall weekends is traditionally the busiest weekends for both Ohio parks.

wiyoh1984 and I had a great day at KI on Saturday, and it was great to meet Ape as well. It was like a mini TPR day!

FL+ was needed. As the previous weeks have shown and as I've called out - it's just packed. When I got off the exit I was surrounded by KY and IN license plates. I imagine the following weeks will be just as busy with the Fall food & bev event.

What makes wait times deceivingly long is that KI's staff is still constantly being added, so you've got inexperienced operators which is better than no staff! Just be prepared to be patient. Seemed like every other ride there was someone being trained.

Mask usage/safety restrictions still being enforce, love it. Ops are telling people to cover up their nose, wear face coverings properly, and there are signs at every ride saying 'no mask, no onride photo' haha. Well done KI.

It is shitty that FL for the reduced hours days are still the same price as the longer Sept/Summer days ($95) But it is what it is. So either pay up for FL and have ERT all day, or get there at opening get a few rides in before crowd multiplies too quick and all the queues are full. Adventure Express had the line out to the midway, Orion as well. Sun sets FAST at 730 (and earlier each day) so 8pm night rides will be possible. Just gotta plan ahead because everyone wants a Beast night ride. I'll post some pics later!

Orion row 4 is my favorite row?!

Glad to hear. This bodes well for the trip I'm planning for the last operating weekend of the year.

Some photos!

Other notes:

Adventure Express feels like a different coaster the way all of the woods have grown in around it post Banshee and SoB land clearing.

Flight of Fear was running so well. Rode in front and back and both were smooth and forceful.

SoB station has activity. The lights were on in the area and there we extra power cords feeding to the station. Sorry I didn't think it was worth taking pictures of you couldn't see much.

Also if you like craft beer - there is local Oktoberfest offerings from Sonder and Rhinegeist that are fantastic. Tim bar tends at the Brewhouse by Mystic Timbers, visit him! He's awesome and will let you try samples of beer (yay disposable cups!).

20200919_131519.thumb.jpg.cbff2986ed731c23aa24b7af2f4bc36e.jpg

Kings Island continues to do little things to make the park feel refreshed every year - check out the new signs in Diamondback's station!

20200919_133852.thumb.jpg.1b5bf4ae7240341d0ee3727fd885fd73.jpg

It's September in Cincinnati. That means it's Oktoberfest Zinzinnati!

20200919_195856.thumb.jpg.c7bf0f1a8f8bdc3f4a37c23d87711a8e.jpg

Sun is setting at 730 fast and getting darker sooner every day so you will be able to get night rides even at 8pm closing.

20200919_200916.thumb.jpg.f0526e0a9c5b26783ebf0ac139461837.jpg

Speaking of night rides, let's try out a new night ride!

20200919_200938.thumb.jpg.e67795872043094bd2135d1567a62bd1.jpg

Orion is awesome at night - you crest that hill and stare into the black abyss!

20200919_200943.thumb.jpg.2b8e64b210f74583fdffa426d0c80bc8.jpg

Orion's seriously awesome. Make sure you get fast lane to ride it as much as you want!

4cfad04a-2258-4888-9da9-09d123e9f7d7.thumb.jpg.436ac115641bf460d994e56124e2653b.jpg

Front row, back row, row...4?! Row 4 rules! Ride in every row!

80832494-047a-4c83-825f-1f3db86579b5.thumb.jpg.01bca245531249e43368cf5ee512118b.jpg

There are so many cool touches throughout the queue, station, and area 72.

b09bfe28-a5ca-4477-b016-7059ddf985b2.thumb.jpg.49e2dd0c5c1adc457dfe82d1785a578e.jpg

Banshee was running incredible. The smoothest ride I've had on it.

bc18293b-edc8-4bd9-b6d8-919f4bad88b0.thumb.jpg.216d8ec1ea5ecbb8914d4647c2f40655.jpg

Finally got a Beast front row ride this year! WHAT A DIFFERENCE in how smooth it is up here vs any other row lmao.

f4f894b5-5b5a-4ac3-b8b4-5356de5791c1.thumb.jpg.fcc5422334acd5d66e4879026505948a.jpg

Mystic Timbers was excellent as usual! You'd think it's just as fast as Orion the way it rips through the course.

My visit to the park on Saturday with PKI Jizzman was a great one. Typically I get to the park early, get in a few rides, have lunch then leave. It was nice to spend most of the day at the park for a change. Fast Lane was the best option since it turned out to be a busy day. I've noticed that FL+ sells out quick and has been sold out before the start of the morning on Saturday for the past month or so. I'd highly recommend purchasing fast lane in advance if you don't want to have to deal with the lines.

This was also the first time I've ridden Orion at night. To be honest I had mixed feelings about Orion after my first ride during the summer but it has really grown on me especially after getting in multiple rides on Saturday.

Overall it was a good day and a great way to start winding down my coaster season.

FL+ was needed. As the previous weeks have shown and as I've called out - it's just packed. When I got off the exit I was surrounded by KY and IN license plates. I imagine the following weeks will be just as busy with the Fall food & bev event.

How long were the FL+ lanes? I went on the 6th (Sunday) and it was good until 1:00 when Diamonback and Mystic Timbers were 20-30 minutes. I am going again this Saturday (I know, first day of Fall Fest ) and have FL+ and am wondering if I should just power through as much as I can again from open till 2:00, or if I can slow down a bit.

I think I know the answer but just thought I'd ask!

I was there weekend after labor day. Mystic Timbers was the only ride that had a 10-20 minute wait from time to time. Rest were pretty much walk ons.

On Saturday Mystic Timbers ended up with a little bit of a wait during the day for FL and Diamondback had a line when it started getting dark. Little to no wait for everything else.

Thanks for the info on FastLane. Maybe if MT is open at park opening, I’ll head there first.

I see they posted the food and drink guide for Trick or Treat Fest. For those who haven’t seen it: Food and Drink Guide. There are some very interesting sounding treats! Looking forward to checking it out.

Here at KI today. Since 11 with FastLane I have done Mystic Timbers twice, Beast, Backlot, Diamondback, Adventure Express and had a break with a bloody syringe lemonade and a worms in dirt funnel cake. Off to Orion next. FastLane rules!!!

On Saturday Mystic Timbers ended up with a little bit of a wait during the day for FL and Diamondback had a line when it started getting dark. Little to no wait for everything else.

It's not like that when they don't forget to load every other row.

Honestly it's because most of the staff outside of Orion/Banshe/MT is working on a weekend by weekend basis, or brand new and working their day 1.

When I checked queue times earlier, Orion was down, Drop Tower was down, and everything else had a 50-90 min wait