TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Went to the park today. Arrived at 10:30 and headed straight for Orion. Got an access pass and was able to ride 30 min later. Continued to get access passes throughout the day for a total of four rides. The line was never that long for Orion as long as you went within the last 15 minutes of your time window. Rode a handful of other coasters as well, lines were always 30 minutes or less. Observations :

1. All park staff at all rides, shops, restaurants, Etc were very cheerful and helpful

2. All park staff were pretty strict on mask-wearing and reminding guests to keep their mouths and nose covered at all times, including on the rides

3. Orion is an excellent ride. I would certainly rank it below Fury 325, and barely below Leviathan. If it were 20% longer I think it would beat out Leviathan. The sideways airtime Hill right after the first drop is incredible as is the turnaround. But overall it's just too short. That said, the first drop was particularly good / seemed like long duration, and the speed airtime Hill after the turnaround had what seemed like really extended air time

4. Banshee is incredibly intense. Is this the best B&M invert in existence?

5. Had never ridden Mystic Timbers before, so that was great to hit that twice today. The shed is pretty dumb though

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

I guess my tastes in coasters aren't that refined.... it goes 91 miles per hour and has a 300 foot drop. That's cool as sh*t. It also has tons of airtime, it's butter smooth, it hauls ass the entire t

Posted Images

Also meant to comment on coronavirus stuff. I would say virtually everyone in the park was wearing masks at all times. Social distancing was a mixed bag, not perfect, but overall not too bad.

Is Kings Island selling crack in the gift shop now to try to make up for some of those covid losses?

(Lol but thanks for the report though. Glad you had fun )

It's been in the low to mid 90's nearly all of July, and Banshee is running really fast! It is not my favorite invert but it is probably running the best I've ever experienced.

^^Speaking from Lockdownland (CA) if I could ride Banshee again now (as I had planned to this summer) it would feel AMAZING!

^^^Thanks for the update! This park is doing a great job!

No.

Also, Great report. Glad to hear how the park is handling the changes they are dealing with. Might make a trip up there later this month!

^ Thanks! It'll be interesting to see if Kings Island does what they did on the 4th of July where they closed the queue for Orion and the Beast before closing to ensure no trains were sent after the posted close.

Awesome, thanks! I'm sort of debating taking a trip out there later this year, mainly because there's nowhere else to go and all of our other travel (and wedding) plans got cancelled so we're sitting on a bunch of vacation days.

Edited by coasterbill

I don't even really like that flume as much as most since it's obnoxiously wet and just bangs around at high speeds without even really floating ever but I mean... yeah.

I went on it for the first time in years the other Friday! It's a nice little flume, just how I remembered - it just kinda rides along the trough and bumps around haha. It's from 1971, to be fair.

Thankfully what used to be a firehose that would just drench the entire log has been toned down to a water fountain

Is Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown open? Asking for a friend.

It opened with the park each day I was there, the 11th and 12th.

Is Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown open? Asking for a friend.

Now you won't have to ride with another party. That's a win.

Funpix never seems to work very smoothly for me but finally got this fun little picture from Orion's photo booth. It was there my last visit but not earlier in July.

14632516.thumb.jpg.ec0edbe94d28246de774b7f381897409.jpg

I know they have a loyal group of scare actors, but I'm surprised that it a) they will have enough staff to cover haunts b) they will spend the $ on the extra workers c) will spend the extra $ on haunts.

They have a brand new giant coasters, I'd think that's enough of a draw! But if it does happen good for them.

That is a cool picture.

I See them trying to do the best they can for haunt. Even if its small make as much money as you can for this year

I fail to see how haunted walk-throughs will work in "pandemic mode" (I thought indoors was supposed to be the devil?), but more power to them. I'll be there.

Looks like Kings Island is still planning on having Haunt and Winterfest this year.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/haunt

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/winterfest

That means nothing. Every Cedar Fair park changes their haunts and winterfest pages to "_____ will return in ____" as soon as the events are over. Until there is an active link on the main webpage or they start removing haunts from the page then there is nothing to read into it. If parks change anything for their haunt season you can type in the url and will see that certain haunts are missing, this happens every year. The best example to show that this means nothing look here ValleyScare. The park doesn't have a plan to open and its haunt page is the same as kings island. Orion has been added but was probably and automatic update when they updated the site before the season started.