TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

On its own, it's pretty fun and has some really nice elements and is a hands-up type of ride. But a common consensus I see some folks walk away feeling with is "underwhelmed" after a first ride, which I also get. This is especially if you're one to compare it with other coasters that pack in more elements. The first drop, the speed, the few airtime hills it does have are very fun, but on the critical side, it does "feel" shorter than others.

I still enjoy it, and it looks very pretty in the park. It's something worth getting multiple rides in to gain a love for.

It seems like Beast keeps getting more and more uncovered, hopefully they'll keep the wood setting as much as possible.

I mean if your main argument is how they built Orion too close, I could see that, but removing Vortex didn't really do anything. Vortex obstructed your view of the station/lift from the midway looking at Vortex but really nothing has changed.

I really hope we don’t do this every time a theme park employee somewhere in America tests positive for covid because it’s going to be a daily occurrence.

I really hope we don’t do this every time a theme park employee somewhere in America tests positive for covid because it’s going to be a daily occurrence.

Its really annoying that the media considers it to be a breaking news story, particularly among athletes and celebrities, Jimmie Johnson being the most recent example. Its not a huge story anymore.

Great report, Zach! We just missed each other.

Regarding the isolated feeling of the Beast: you do see Orion as you approach the first brake shed, but that’s the only point that I noticed it. I’m not in love with this change, but it doesn’t ruin the ride or anything. Hopefully at night it won’t make a difference.

Also sounds like the employee tested positive before the park was open to the public. Like you said it's going to happen at this point the only way to really protect yourself is just not to leave your house.

I'll be arriving in Mason tomorrow night; depending on the weather and if I get there by like 4, I might try to go to the park in the evening if there's still reservation slots available.

Awesome TR, Zach! I'm disappointed to hear the Orion reviews. I haven't heard anyone say that they were blown away by it.

We're talking about the same news media that calls rides stopped on lift hills "breaking news." It's almost like they're trying to alarm people or something.

No way! The media only has the populaces' best interests at heart. There's no way they would intentionally blow something out of proportion to sell a particular agenda.

Sarcasm, obviously.

Does anyone know when/if the park will open reservation time slots when people cancel? I was hoping to get a 10:30 reservation for my visit next week, but they were all gone. I was hoping to get a head start on Orion...

I've seen small handfuls of super early time slots open the day prior to reservation dates, so I wouldn't give up hope entirely, especially since KI lets you manage your reservations now.

They are selling fastlane plus on the website, and just fastlane plus, not regular fastlane. Did I miss something or is that new? Can't decide if I should maybe jump on that since we will only have one day at the end of the month, or just take my chances that they are still available and see how busy they are on a Wed.

Much less crowded today vs last Friday.

Kings Island opened Orion right at 1030am 30 min before scheduled! How about that! I have gotten 4 rides so far and the there is no issue getting more than 1 ticket to ride.

Just wait till the last 30 min of your window and you'll wait 10 min. I waited 20 min when I went in right at noon since there were storms incoming.

After riding all over I am more fond of the ride! Shockingly, I like the back more. And I'm typically a front row guy. Do not come expecting big air on everu hill. I get it this is not supposed to be an intense ride. Lotta potential though if they had shrunk the elements and added in another hill or two.

That being said the first drop is still amazing, the speed hill is a nice sustained float like Goliath/Titan, and the trimmed hill didn't hit so hard today it's fine, and the sideways hill before the brake run is the stand out in my opinion.

No waiting for the front for the Beast, the station doesn't allow social distancing. Got my ass beat in the back seat LOL. You can see Orion over the trees but dont don't think it's more 'exposed'.

Mystic Timbers is hauling. What an action packed fast coaster!

Diamondback is the airtime coaster at KI. Come on out and visit!

IMG_20200710_124114_952.thumb.jpg.0cff9b731ccb3dd36a96cac9b057df07.jpg

14631636.thumb.jpg.630766e0d66a6ee18cb18c915edc1e74.jpg

90+mph 90+*F no problem

20200710_125536.thumb.jpg.b712237f744128f818fc93d9f4c31602.jpg

No non-wheel seats! Look out!

They are selling fastlane plus on the website, and just fastlane plus, not regular fastlane. Did I miss something or is that new? Can't decide if I should maybe jump on that since we will only have one day at the end of the month, or just take my chances that they are still available and see how busy they are on a Wed.

One of the benefits of FastLane Plus would be that you won't need a reservation to ride Orion. You can ride it as many times as you want.

Based on PKIJizzman's report, it sounds like you can get multiple return times now, but as of last weekend, they had a sign saying it was one boarding pass per passholder per day.

Yeah I rode without a ticket first, then they started handing them out. The same people were redistributing them. I never got 2x tickets per hour (like I lapped and lapped), it was just one per hour.