TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

A few questions for anyone that went yesterday, What is the rule now on leaving the Park. Can you leave and come back or for now if you leave you're out?

Does Fast lane Work for Onion Now?

Also, did anyone pre-buy fast lane + and is not going to make it to the Park this year? I am interested in buying it from you and you can use the money for next year?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Quote of the week.

Posted Images

You can leave and come back.

FL is not sold but can be redeemed. Yes it works on Orion.

Paper tickets for hour tome slots on Orion! Hope all of the must be firsts enjoyed waiting 3 hours in the sun yesterday

Also, did anyone pre-buy fast lane + and is not going to make it to the Park this year? I am interested in buying it from you and you can use the money for next year?

Isn't it attached to your name?

Isn't it attached to your name?

Not prez day sales, etc. Anyone can use them.

Paper tickets for hour tome slots on Orion! Hope all of the must be firsts enjoyed waiting 3 hours in the sun yesterday

Are they limiting people to one ride or can you get a second after redeeming the first?

Are they limiting people to one ride or can you get a second after redeeming the first?

Good question. Not that I am aware of, they didn't scan anything. I got there at 12:15 and got 4-5p. It sold out soon after.

It's 91*F, and I am having no issues getting overheated or breathing. Nearly everyone except for a few bad parents and teenagers are following all the rules. Just a great summer day at Kings Island!

IMG_20200703_145147_526.thumb.jpg.51d66473e534271b960bc181a749fcd4.jpg

Good question. Not that I am aware of, they didn't scan anything. I got there at 12:15 and got 4-5p. It sold out soon after.

Yikes. Really happy to see Kings Island take this approach so you can actually spend the day doing other things than waiting in one long line and disperse everyone throughout the park. But I can see some really angry parents/latecomers to the park not know about this and not get them in time before they're all out.

But this makes me all the more excited for my visit now that I know I won't have to wait all day in line!

I went to the park Thursday. We had 11am reservations and got in line at 10:50am. It took us about an hour to get into the park (so be prepared). The lines for the health check and security moved pretty good but the lines for the main entrance looked like one gigantic cluster fuck! About 99% were complying with the masks. Security and ride employees were also reminding guests. No mask no ride. Got to redeem the FL plus which was huge after seeing the Orion line. Rode twice before 12:30. Overall had a great day. Was in the park from 12-6 and got to ride Orion 3 times (which is plenty for me) Great ride, nice g-forces and airtime, keeps great speed throughout. Not going to complain about getting to ride coasters (especially with FL plus) in a pandemic. The face mask didn't bother me as much as the heat did. Great day! Now were back home in Alabama.

Getting into KI today couldn't have been any quicker. Parked, walked to the door and was inside within 5-10 minutes total. They opened parking at 10:15 today which seemed to help a lot.

Orion! It's just what you think it would be

Great first drop, a big whiff on the sideways airtimeless hill, a fun Goliath (SFGAm) big turn around, a decent airtime speed hill, a trimmed airtime hill that will get lots of criticism, a solid helix, and a surprisingly excellent curvy airtime hill before the brake run.

Rode row 8. Would love some more rides, could see it being a front row ride.

Orion! It's just what you think it would be

Great first drop, a big whiff on the sideways airtimeless hill, a fun Goliath (SFGAm) big turn around, a decent airtime speed hill, a trimmed airtime hill that will get lots of criticism, a solid helix, and a surprisingly excellent curvy airtime hill before the brake run.

Rode row 8. Would love some more rides, could see it being a front row ride.

Yes, it’s absolutely a front row ride. Hands up the whole ride! Rode Orion for the first time yesterday in the front and LOVED it.

First time posting and long time lurker. This was my experience. I got to the park at noon and stayed till 4:30. I was one of the lucky few that had the FL+. Road Orion twice. Once from the back and one from the front. I liked the back for more airtime than in the front, but the first couple of sections of the ride were better in the front. If you have a FL+, you didn't have to wait in line. There were only a few times that I encountered anyone in the FL+ line, and that was one or two groups. The only time I had to wait was for The Bat, right before it broke down, and I was in line when it broke down. Not a big deal since I was getting on everything that I wanted to ride very quickly.

I did overheat a little toward the end, hence why I left the park early. I should have started drinking liquids a lot sooner than I did. But overall, it was a good experience with the masks. I brought a couple with me, and one of my masks almost ended up flying away on Orion, and that was my first coaster of the day. After that, I switched to a tighter one and it was fine the rest of the time.

They do wipe down the rides, which was nice to see. I guess the really annoying part was the teenage kids just hopping off of the rides like they don't have to listen to the rules. But expect to have half-full trains, and then them letting the rows exit by row. I hope Cedar Point will be the same way because I am headed there next weekend.

I hope a change from back to front elevates it to LOVE but we'll see! I just am dumbfounded on how weak the sideways hill is.

I think it's exactly what you would expect. It's just fine. Fury is the perfect layout for this style of coaster.

Orion reminds me of Goliath (RMC at SFGAm) because it's just a great drop and a handful of giant elements. 

The wave turn had so much potential and it doesn't do anything. The big turnout doesn't make an impression, then speed hill is eh, and the airtime hill will forever be criticized about the trim. The helix was fun, and was not intense as advertised. The final airtime hill was probably the best outside of the first drop.

I hope another rider or two will change my mind but it's a solid ride but nothing close to Fury. 

Top 10 in no order: Steel Vengeance, Maverick, DoDoDonpa, Hakugei, Outlaw Run, Fury, Scooby's Spooky Coaster, Skyrush, Phoenix, I305

20200703_165800.thumb.jpg.8b72b966a45f459fad2e4893da7eb17f.jpg

Just sayin', listing a wild-mouse-in-a-box in your top ten, with some of the most intense coasters in the world, kinda weakens your credibility. Not saying I disagree with your assessment (to be confirmed in a week and a half when I make it to KI), just kinda sayin'...

Posted (edited)
Just sayin', listing a wild-mouse-in-a-box in your top ten, with some of the most intense coasters in the world, kinda weakens your credibility. Not saying I disagree with your assessment (to be confirmed in a week and a half when I make it to KI), just kinda sayin'...

You been on it? Scooby is pretty dope! I also should have added Eejanaika, Takabisha, and Fujiyama to that list too..

Listen I've been on tons of RMCs, B&M hypers, Intamins etc. It's tough to brag about focusing on "speed and intensity" when the elements are so high and huge. Orion is such a strange project.

Ontop of that it's so silent. The lift. The coaster. Silent.

Edited by PKI Jizzman

Had 6 or 7 rides on Orion today. Enjoyed it but wasn't floored by it. Some comments I heard from other riders were also surprising. Some loved it, some thought it wasn't intense.

First drop, speed hill and even the trimmed airtime hill are all good.

Personally I'll take Fury, MF, SteVe and plenty more over this. But it looks awesome, people will love it, and it eats people quickly and reliably. Good add for the park but I don't see it being a top destination coaster for nerds, which is fine.

From the sounds of it, Orion is going to be another coaster with forever mixed reviews. The fun vs. boring arguments are going to be worse than Banshee and Beast. The majority of the reviews I've read pinpoint it as riding exactly how it looks. Maybe things will get better once you add a couple thousand pounds of people.

I wonder if the silent lift and quiet ride have anything to do with the neighbors. Didn't they fill sections of Orion with sand after the complaints?

We will get to ride it on 7/29 and can form an opinion then; however I do have to say I will trade you any coaster at SFSTL for it. Seriously. Ok, maybe not Eagle, but anything else.

Don't threaten the Eagle. If they ever chop it up and put Ibox rails on it I'll vomit.

I think another coaster in the park is the leading candidate for that treatment But in all seriousness KI locals, we at SFSTL haven't had a new coaster in a very very long time, you are very lucky to have the selection at your park. I mean I think nothing of taking the 6 hour one way car trip to visit KI.

For those who have been to the park this year, do you actually need to bring your phone into the park? I filled out the health survey on the app; does that automatically get uploaded to your pass, or do you need to physically show your results to an employee?

Posted (edited)

I see no reason you need a phone in the park. I was there yesterday.

Edited by tndank