TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Reserved two spots for 10:30 on 7/29. While there are still plenty of spots left that far in advance, I did notice they had far less available for the morning slots than later in the day. They really seem to want to control the mob at the front gate. Will FINALLY get to process our plat passes that I purchased last August? September? Can't even remember, whenever the "sale" was going on. Will let everyone know how the day goes.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Posted Images

I've been trying to look online for this without much success:

Which coaster at King's Island had the highest ridership numbers for the 2019 season? My initial guess without having something to look at would be The Beast or Diamondback.

My guess would be Banshee. With the right crew, they can run three trains without stacking. I know that's not typical, but in the first year as soon as you pulled down your restraint a ride op would already be buckling your seatbelt. I'd never seen trains loaded that quickly until Fury's opening year.

I can't say for certain, but Dorney and KD have the same system, so I'd say it's a fair bet that KI uses the same system too. This question is also probably answerable on their website.

Does Kings Island have the same fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo System as Cedar point were you buy one fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and can move your stuff to different locations all day for one price?

I only used it at Mystic Timbers last year but I dont recall it having that option. Might have been due to it being late in the day though.

Although Orion is a plain-jane/vanilla design by some standards (including mine), at least they're putting out this cool shirt

Untitled.jpg.adb5eb8f4fd1f68b28e4b8670d1f03bc.jpg

^I'll join you in that. Orion still belongs to my (plans of a) model wood coaster from years ago. Imagine park Knoebels Twister, part Cobb Cyclones. Now that was a design.

LOLOL! That one went right over my head. I was so thrown by the font that I didn't notice the onion in the background or that it said rings. JFC.

It even has an outline of an onion in the middle of the graphic. Definitely clear that's a parody shirt now, can't believe I missed it haha.

Here's the actual shirt in case people are curious:

Orion_tee_black_1_grande.jpg?v=1574349551

Sounds like the queue for Orion is filled up and spilling all the way out under the Racer, back towards where you'd pass under the Eiffel Tower and go left along Stunt Job Coaster. Probably 3 hour wait!

The best plan for Orion is to get there an hour before the park opens and run to it at 11am. That or wait till the end of the season. Line starts at Diamondback’s splashdown and shows no signs of shortening. Diamondback, MT & Banshee have the longest waits at about 20-25 minutes each. Everything else is between 5-10mins

Luckily, Kings Island is running at least 2 trains on all coasters. So the theoretical capacity on everything is at 1-train operation. The biggest slowdown from COVID-19 precautions comes from only letting 1 row of passengers exit at a time.

Yes ! Zipper cargo shorts are a must ! I have like 9 pockets in mine .

Now on to Orion . I got 6 rides in at the first rider auction on Wednesday night , I could have done more, but all good . Not every coaster is going to be a SV or MF. Orion is a good ride and a good addition to the park. I thought that the theming is good (there is a reference to Magnum I believe in the queue area). So if not happy with it , protest by not going to KI and not riding Orion.

For the record , I remain disappointed that there has never been a coaster named Laser Snake Horse on Fire.