TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

FWIW, I have tickets to Coasterstock with my kids, so I messaged them specifically about this, and they said "At this time we do not have additional information about the Coasterstock dates. If specific events change or move dates the information will be posted on our website." So, my takeaway from this is that it is still on at the moment, and while there's a decent possibility that changes (my personal guess), it'll simply move dates, rather than be cancelled. That is my read of that response at least. Again, FWIW...

Ok thanks for the info which is neither surprising or unreasonable. Just frustrating not knowing what's going to happen. I would imagine if there is a change of date they will probably offer a refund if you cannot attend on the new date. But I hope to see you there!

Ohio's Governor noted the other day that the expect the virus to peak around May 1st... If that is true, then I can see park openings in Ohio being pushed until June.

I find it very unlikely May will be the month KI or CP opens here.

Still waiting for a decision to be made about Coasterstock. As much as I was looking forward to this, we have no idea what kind of season any park will have especially if we're still social distancing.

I am gonna say about 99% of them cancelling or rescheduling.

Anyone else?

What's it like working for Kings Island in 1979? August 15th pizza party and Beast rides, Saturday Night Fever, and a summer of love!

Found during spring cleaning at home! I put some videos on my Instagram if you want to see more of inside the pamphlet.

Pay was $2.80 an hour! No beards/sideburns for the guys!

20200407_131536.thumb.jpg.552f9b1a5b1e6cd0d8e78e6a0fd276a5.jpg

20200407_132526.thumb.jpg.f131721bcfe258bf284b36d06c9a3215.jpg

That's really funny because at Coasterstock last year while standing in line at the grilled cheese stand, I started up a conversation with the married couple in front of me. They had both worked at the park as teens back in the 70's. They mentioned the parties! The movie night list on the brochure is pretty funny.

As far as the current Coasterstock, I too am waiting to hear. Probably not going to be on the original date which is too bad since it is my son's birthday and as mentioned this was his present. But he's old enough to accept that it is out of our control so we will just roll with whatever they decide because there is nothing else we can do!

KI might as well just go ahead and release a POV of Orion. No one is going to be riding it anytime soon.

Right, Unless they have not filmed one yet. We would of started to get reviews with media day, and first ride events being yesterday or today.

A little over a month to go...the entire country is STILL shut down...And Kings Island has yet to post any updates on CoasterStock.

I know this is an incredibly insignificant event in the grand scheme of things, but I would really appreciate some info so I can cancel, reschedule, and refund my flights, hotel, rental car, etc.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but COME ON! Just cancel or reschedule already!

^I would just go ahead and cancel at this point. I seriously doubt the park will be ready to open in a month, especially if they also have a freeze on hiring.

However, you can wait it out? Most cancellation policies are up to 24 hours before traveling. So I'm sure another week or two of waiting won't hurt your refund.

I am at the point that I would be shocked that any seasonal park opens before July 4th. Unless some states just say "f**k it" and lift restrictions. But being an Ohioan I do not see our governor lifting restrictions any time soon, and when they do lift, I doubt amusement parks will be the first to be lifted.

So one month from today we are supposed to be driving to Coasterstock and exactly one month ago we were supposed to be flying down to Texas for a quick Spring Break visit to the parks down there.

John I would be patient (hard I know) until you know exactly what they decide to do. While I realize the original weekend is unlikely at this point, I am sure they would prefer a reschedule but are waiting as long as they can to be sure of a safe date and lower the chances of a double reschedule. The airlines and hotels are being very generous with last minute changes and cancellations. They announced the closing of the Texas parks the day before we were to leave and I cancelled our SW flight and hotel less than 24 hours before flight time and check in time, and this was early on in the pandemic, March 13. Not one bit of hassle or question. Hilton allowed a late cancellation without any fees and SW gave me a voucher with a very generous expiration date.....I cannot imagine you will have an issue. But if you can hold out until they decide and it is a reschedule then you can just make one contact to move your dates and it will save you the additional aggravation of having cancelled and having to rebook.

Another thought I just had. They may also be waiting to see what ACE does about CoasterCon since many members attend both events. Currently CC is scheduled for late June and they have not pulled the plug yet but are delaying registration until early to mid May. They would also have to coordinate with things like Coastermania at CP so they don't end up on the same days, or one day apart.

Just some reasons why they maybe haven't made a decision yet.

Did Kings Island really not get any footage during the initial test runs? I find it astounding that they have not made a huge event out of releasing the POV. Every single local news channel followed the construction, rumors leading up to the announcement, and this whole local area has such an affinity for KI they're really making a mistake here.

I guess they're waiting for when they know when the park will open for sure. Or they don't want to remind people that they have already paid for a season pass and can't use it right now