TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

I went the weekend before last and wasn't going to do any sort of report or review, but with this discussion, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I thought Orion was fantastic.  Millennium Force is th

Quote of the week.

Posted Images

Wow. Less than 24 hours. We really had fun last year. I am really grateful to the heads up on the sale time/date here. With work and life I could easily have missed it.

^ In the pics I saw circulating this morning, only one loop was down.

(Credit: F5 Coasters)

84685754_877061156062708_521922102232612864_o.thumb.jpg.33f3f286e970965f3d43e9ccf007c0cb.jpg

Pic taken this morning....

84655537_877061279396029_5218009811483885568_o.thumb.jpg.fbd890ed5e3f7ac767c86d8dac719043.jpg

.....compared with how this view looked a week ago.

The inversions are coming down. Phantom's Revenge treatment confirmed.

...with the tallest 2nd drop in all of Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I love Phantom's Revenge so much it would be interesting to see what Morgan could have done with rides like Vortex and the terrain it sits on.

Oh well.

The bottom half of Vortex’s lift hill has been demoed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any extra tickets to CoasterStock? I bought one for myself, and when I went back to get another one, it was sold out.

Any idea if they ever open it up and sell a few more?

Thanks!

Orion got used by the NIMBYs to start complaining about noise again...

https://www.wvxu.org/post/kings-island-taking-steps-respond-neighbors-noise-concerns#stream/0

Orion's rails were sand-filled from fabrication, but now they're going to be working on a project to add sand into Diamondback's spine in some areas of the ride.

Sucks. I like to hear the coasters. It's a compromise. I just hope they don't dial back the clock on the Haunts and 12am Summer closings.

^ I agree. Every time I read an article about people complaining about noise from a nearby park I'm incredibly annoyed.

What if laws were on the books that they couldn't exceed certain levels and then they did? What if that was starting to decrease your property value? Even if the homeowner didn't care about the noise, I bet they care about their home value.